Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Selling a Car, does the market matter?
Quote | Reply
Currently living in NorCal, East Bay, where the weather is mild year round. I have a VW Eos hardtop convertible, has some age on it but is in "good" condition. Potentially moving to the Denver area in the next month, so debating as to if I want to take this with me. Can't say I am crazy about a car payment, but wondering if it makes more sense to sell this in a market that has a longer convertible season? Would that matter at a place like CarMax or would their offer be the same here as it would in Denver? My guess is it may matter more if you sell privately, correct?
Quote Reply
Re: Selling a Car, does the market matter? [milkman1982] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Location definitely matters when you're selling a car. I would imagine than an Eos would be much easier sell (either for you or Carmax) in California vs. Colorado. Consequently, a place like Carmax may actually want your car so the offer might be higher than if you took it to Denver.
Quote Reply
Re: Selling a Car, does the market matter? [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
100% agree with this, absolutely where you are attempting to sell something has more to do with success than when you are trying to sell it. It's always worth it, if you have the time and patience, to attempt to sell on your own but at least with CarMax you have a "worst case" scenario in terms of how much you would get, plus the ease of eliminating the hurdle of your still owing money and having a private party needing to deal with that as they attempt to obtain financing.
Quote Reply