Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTH Did This Person Eat? Flatulence on AA Plane Forces Evacuation
Quote | Reply
Look, I don't write the headlines. I just report on 'em. ;-)

"A person who “passed gas” on an American Airlines plane on Sunday afternoon forced all passengers off the jet, officials said. The incident happened when passengers on the flight became ill with nausea and headaches, according to a spokesperson with Raleigh-Durham International Airport. The flight, which was not identified by RDU officials, landed at the airport around 4 p.m. when the incident was reported."

‘Passed gas’ forces passengers from plane at RDU, spokesperson says | WNCN

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: WTH Did This Person Eat? Flatulence on AA Plane Forces Evacuation [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My bet is that it's all due to some combo of a kale/quinoa/black bean burger with a side of broccoli, washed down with a couple bottles of kombucha. Or it's from late night pizza & beer farts. Not much else could cause it.

Except my son's current breath. Little dude had his tonsils out last week. They told us his breath might be bad for a few days while the wound heals. What they didn't tell us is that their definition of bad is akin to the smell of a dog's breath when the dog has rotting teeth and has eaten its own feces. I nearly vomited when little dude gave me a hug yesterday. Can't put him on a plane until it's better, lest he end up on a no fly list.
Quote Reply
Re: WTH Did This Person Eat? Flatulence on AA Plane Forces Evacuation [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
My bet is that it's all due to some combo of a kale/quinoa/black bean burger with a side of broccoli, washed down with a couple bottles of kombucha. Or it's from late night pizza & beer farts. Not much else could cause it.

Except my son's current breath. Little dude had his tonsils out last week. They told us his breath might be bad for a few days while the wound heals. What they didn't tell us is that their definition of bad is akin to the smell of a dog's breath when the dog has rotting teeth and has eaten its own feces. I nearly vomited when little dude gave me a hug yesterday. Can't put him on a plane until it's better, lest he end up on a no fly list.

Hahahahahahaha! Great story! :-)

Quote Reply
Re: WTH Did This Person Eat? Flatulence on AA Plane Forces Evacuation [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's been done before: http://www.bbc.co.uk/...ecause-of-smelly-poo

I liked the Vice retrospective on it on the first anniversary: https://www.vice.com/...-about-poo-plane-303

Quote Reply
Re: WTH Did This Person Eat? Flatulence on AA Plane Forces Evacuation [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
It's been done before: http://www.bbc.co.uk/...ecause-of-smelly-poo

I liked the Vice retrospective on it on the first anniversary: https://www.vice.com/...-about-poo-plane-303

That's even funnier! :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And people say heroes are dead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Story has been debunked.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: WTH Did This Person Eat? Flatulence on AA Plane Forces Evacuation [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Story has been deFunked.

Fixed it for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had a former student with a medical condition that caused him to pass eye watering, nauseating gas. And the airflow in my room was terrible. It was bad. Like the room was uninhabitable for a few hours. It really sucked having to put on my brave face "it's not really that bad!"
Quote Reply
Re: WTH Did This Person Eat? Flatulence on AA Plane Forces Evacuation [triguy98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I was in the Air Force we had a guy who loved to fart, also a medical condition, and he would eat foods that he knew would create possible chemical warfare agents. I don't really have a sense of smell so it always bugged him he couldn't crack me. Until. One day he let one go that cleared out the command post/MOC and made me have to leave. He was so happy. I was happy to see him so happy but man it was bad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
twice i've had to put on the oxygen when flying due to someone dropping a deuce in the forward lav. at least we assumed they were laying cable. the smell was so bad we were both gagging. both times the offenders were in, estimated, their late 70s/early 80s. for those of us who aren't there yet...a conversation like this could be about us eventually.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of my Marines could clear a rifle range.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: WTH Did This Person Eat? Flatulence on AA Plane Forces Evacuation [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which reminds me of a story. ..
One day I walked into Lowe's and see a rather upset worker with a bucket and cones. Walking through the aisles, I smell shit. And come up behind an older gentleman (70-80) with shit streaks down his legs. Not even sure he realized what he had done.
Quote Reply