Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Roth 2018: Online Registration
Quote | Reply
I tried signing up online for Roth 2018, entered my information right at 4am EST (10am local) when the registration window opened up and submitted it not but 20 seconds later - all slots gone. For US based athletes anyways. Did anyone have any luck out there with the online window this year?
Bummer!

AV8 | Team Wattie Ink Elite 2019
Quote Reply
Re: Roth 2018: Online Registration [N2176T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just posting to say the same thing. My wife had the alarm set, and was on her computer at 3:55 this morning only to be shut out only seconds after loading the page. Bummer, but it is what it is. This wouldn't have been her first time to Roth so it wasn't a huge disappointment, but I was hoping to get another vacation to Germany out of the deal!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in! Sooo excited!

Prior to registering, I found a link to the platform they use for registration (Mika Timing or something like that). So at 4am this morning, I was already on the ''international registration''page and I was reloading the page until the entry form appeared. With auto fill, everything was done within 5 seconds.
Quote Reply
Re: Roth 2018: Online Registration [Mouflon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's pretty crazy that it is sold out within 30 seconds. Apparently the relay was sold out even faster.

It is quite funny to read comments on facebook from people complain that it is fixed and unfair, whereas they all say that they typed in their info as quick as they could, but it was already sold out. Nowadays unfortunately that won't make the cut, like mouflon said, you need to autofill.

It's a great race, I can see why it sells out so fast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got in! Been trying for 3 year and typed my info in (hardest part was the Nationality scroll down) but by some computer miracle I got my code!
Quote Reply
Re: Roth 2018: Online Registration [triagain15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in
Was concious of the time, and did it bang on the dot but thought I was being way too keen
Only later did I hear on UK forums that it sold out so fast

Its a really interesting validation of market forces. Loads of events don't sell out at all and you can enter on the week of. A few sell out in days, and others in seconds....
Quote Reply
Re: Roth 2018: Online Registration [bespoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got in too....I type a lot faster than I swim-bike-run, and for once that came in handy.

anybody have any insights on accomodation?
Quote Reply
Re: Roth 2018: Online Registration [flsusi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flsusi wrote:
I got in too....I type a lot faster than I swim-bike-run, and for once that came in handy.

anybody have any insights on accomodation?

When I was there in 2015 we stayed at the Hilton in Nuremberg and rented a car. It was convenient to the train line to get into town for touristing, and the train could take you all the way to Roth if you didn't want to drive. For bike dropoff and for race morning, however, driving was the best bet. Waze was great for navigation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same thing in 2015. Same thing in 2016
Quote Reply