Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
That 'boxing match' *you know which one I mean*
Quote | Reply
Here's my prediction:

Pillow hands lands a few punches but doesn't really phase MMA boy. MMA tries desperately to hit Pillow hands but can't get through his defence.

After 4 rounds and know knowing that he has no hope of ever landing a punch let alone winning the fight he takes pillow hands to the ground and is DQ'd.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Jul 16, 17 18:00
Quote Reply
Re: That 'boxing match' *you know which one I mean* [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McGregor won't take Floyd to the ground. That won't happen. But, I can see McGregor kicking out of instinct. I also see McGregor clinching Floyd a lot in self-defense. But, I don't see him taking Floyd to the ground.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: That 'boxing match' *you know which one I mean* [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
McGregor won't take Floyd to the ground. That won't happen. But, I can see McGregor kicking out of instinct. I also see McGregor clinching Floyd a lot in self-defense. But, I don't see him taking Floyd to the ground.

This fight is a circus side show. I wouldn't be shocked if the bearded lady shows up.

MMA boy knows he'll get paid and his idiot fans will go nuts if he does it. He knows he has no hope. Shirley he knows this. Might as well take him down and get a big pop from the crowd.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
JSA wrote:

This fight is a circus side show. I wouldn't be shocked if the bearded lady shows up.

MMA boy knows he'll get paid and his idiot fans will go nuts if he does it. He knows he has no hope. Shirley he knows this. Might as well take him down and get a big pop from the crowd.

It won't happen. There is a penalty clause in the contract if McGregor does anything but punch Floyd.

http://www.boxingscene.com/...g-mayweather--117565

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well in that case, MMA boy will throw a lot of punch attempts. Pillow hands will easily dodge them. MMA boy will tire himself out. Pilllow hands will laugh his way to victory, dancing and dodging much to the chagrin of MMA boys idiot fans.

Boos will reign down as Pillow hands refuses to actually fight MMA boy since he knows he only has to dance and throw a few jabs here and there to win the fight.

Are you wasting your money on this ridiculous event?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

I'll be at Buffalo Wild Wings with my nephew watching it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:

I'd rather just read on the net the next day how Floyd completely humiliated the guy.
Quote Reply
Re: That 'boxing match' *you know which one I mean* [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:

I'd rather just read on the net the next day how Floyd completely humiliated the guy.

While I'm 99% confident that is what is going to happen, that 1% punchers chance has me hoping for something spectacular.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:

While I'm 99% confident that is what is going to happen, that 1% punchers chance has me hoping for something spectacular.

Its a carnival side show joke which shows how gullible MMA fans are to be lining up for this. A very good boxing match will be in September with Alvarez vs Glovkin which is a genuine fight. That one I'm looking forward to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:

See, to have a punchers chance he'll have to actually have a chance to land a punch.

There is literally nothing that MMA boy will show Pillowhands that he hasn't seen (and easily defended) before.

Last edited by: BLeP: Jul 16, 17 19:28
Quote Reply
Re: That 'boxing match' *you know which one I mean* [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After the joke that was the Paq v Horn fight, you are better off watching professional wrestling.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This post just made me remember an incident I hadn't thought about in over 30 years. High school wrestling we had a guy that did a lot of boxing. Match starts, he starts bouncing on his toes, and just clocks the guy. No warning, no prior incident. Yeah, Marty wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HOT TAKE ALERT!!!

I just read that the hate between the two combatants is manufactured!!!

What?!? I totally believed it!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
HOT TAKE ALERT!!!

I just read that the hate between the two combatants is manufactured!!!

What?!? I totally believed it!!!

I'm not so sure about that. Sure, it all started as an act, but I think the use of the Irish flag and the "you can't read" comments may have pushed it past the initial act.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've already seen this movie. It'll be like like Thunderlips (Hulk Hogan) versus Rocky Balboa (no description needed). Boxer tries to box. Other guy does vintage other guy thing. Boxer gets his gloves off and starts to hit bare-handed. Boxer wins.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
we oldsters have seen this before. ali v inoki.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: That 'boxing match' *you know which one I mean* [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
we oldsters have seen this before. ali v inoki.

There was an ESPN tribute to Ali a couple months ago in which the promoter of that (among many of Ali's) fight(s) talked about that circus show. It was absolutely hilarious. Apparently, Inoki refused to follow the script and all hell broke loose.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought your hot take would be the boxer saying Conor got knocked out in sparring.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've already got about $1k in bets between friends. EVEN MONEY, and they gave me Floyd. Fucking morons.

Anyways, Floyd wins this easy in my book. Though preferred results:

Conner is getting humiliated. Floyd knows he has this and taunts and then keeps fucking up Conner. Taunts get thicker and thicker. McGregor loses his mind, steps back and kicks Floyd in the fucking head, breaking his jaw and knocking him out. Floyd wins (I win) and he gets his faced kicked in. Conner got embarrassed, and loses. WIN-FUCKING-WIN!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
After the joke that was the Paq v Horn fight, you are better off watching professional wrestling.

Ha ha ha...build a bridge my friend...and get over it!

8 judges. Count 'em...8 all said Horn won.

While I am an Aussie, I couldn't give a rats ass who won the fight. I don't follow boxing/MMA/whatever so could not care less

As for the topic at hand, in my totally unprofessional, totally uneducated opinion, moneybags will dance and MMA boy will wear himself out till moneybags sits him on his backside late in the fight.
Wont be a KO, but enough for moneybags to rightfully claim victory
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This event will showcase the difference between boxing and fighting and people are going to be pissed just like they were after the Mayweather Pacquiao event. Floyd isn't a fighter he's a boxer who's really hard to hit and wins by decision. All this fight will prove is that most boxing is boring. I'll watch but I'm planning on a snooze fest.
Quote Reply
Re: That 'boxing match' *you know which one I mean* [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Re: That 'boxing match' *you know which one I mean* [Slowman]

OMG why have i never heard of this before - I just spent 5 minutes watching some amazing youtube videos. Thank you Dan

Quote Reply
Re: That 'boxing match' *you know which one I mean* [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Culley22 wrote:
I've already got about $1k in bets between friends. EVEN MONEY, and they gave me Floyd. Fucking morons.

Anyways, Floyd wins this easy in my book. Though preferred results:

Conner is getting humiliated. Floyd knows he has this and taunts and then keeps fucking up Conner. Taunts get thicker and thicker. McGregor loses his mind, steps back and kicks Floyd in the fucking head, breaking his jaw and knocking him out. Floyd wins (I win) and he gets his faced kicked in. Conner got embarrassed, and loses. WIN-FUCKING-WIN!!!!!

I vote for this.
Quote Reply
Re: That 'boxing match' *you know which one I mean* [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
I thought your hot take would be the boxer saying Conor got knocked out in sparring.

I heard that today. I also heard that one of his former sparring partners said he was landing punches on Conor "at will". He then pointed out: "I am no Floyd Mayweather".

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
His sparring partner also released video of the session.
Quote Reply

Prev Next