Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Movie Review: The Girl with All the Gifts
Quote | Reply
I just watched this movie with my daughter on Amazon. It was one of the best zombie movies I have ever seen. Clever script, good acting. We're still talking about it today...

"In a dystopian near future, humanity has been ravaged by a mysterious fungal disease. The afflicted are robbed of all free will and turned into flesh-eating 'hungries'. Humankind's only hope is a small group of hybrid children who crave human flesh but retain the ability to think and feel. The children go to school at an army base in rural Britain, where they're subjected to cruel experiments by Dr. Caroline Caldwell (Glenn Close). School teacher Helen Justineau (Gemma Arterton) grows particularly close to an exceptional girl named Melanie (Sennia Nanua), thus forming a special bond. But when the base is invaded, the trio escape with the assistance of Sgt. Eddie Parks (Paddy Considine) and embark on a perilous journey of survival, during which Melanie must come to terms with who she is."

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review: The Girl with All the Gifts [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was ok. Good twist at the end. However, there were some inconsistent "zombie rules" throughout the movie that started to bug me. The fact that I was nit picking like that indicated, to me, that it did not fully capture my attention.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review: The Girl with All the Gifts [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
It was ok. Good twist at the end. However, there were some inconsistent "zombie rules" throughout the movie that started to bug me. The fact that I was nit picking like that indicated, to me, that it did not fully capture my attention.

We saw it several months ago. It was good. Not the best of the genre (my wife personally likes "Warm Bodies," and I wonder why ;-), and I liked "World War Z" and "Sean of the Dead" better. But it was a good movie, for all that. Like you said: good twist at the end.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review: The Girl with All the Gifts [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

I hear you. It's funny to believe in "zombie rules" isn't it? Are you a slow zombie or fast zombie believer? I'm from the old school, slow zombie.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Movie Review: The Girl with All the Gifts [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
JSA wrote:

I hear you. It's funny to believe in "zombie rules" isn't it? Are you a slow zombie or fast zombie believer? I'm from the old school, slow zombie.

Slow zombie, hands down. Now, don't get me wrong, I love 28 Days/Weeks Later, but those are the only fast zombies I have ever found compelling but that is b/c they really were not the traditional zombie, but more like a human infected with rabies.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply