Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
55-59 world hour record attempt tonight (7/15) ~8-8:30 central time
Quote | Reply
I'm in Aguascalientes, MX and holy crap this velodrome is fast! Depending on the velodrome temperature I'll be taking off sometime around 8-8:30. It gets very hot inside during the day and we need to let it cool off to a reasonable temperature (80-85) before starting.

It will be live streamed on YouTube. Once the YouTube session is established we will be posting the link at https://www.facebook.com/worldhourrecord. It will also be streamed via cell phone on facebook live. During my team mate Dan's 45-49 attempt the feed died as the computer streaming it shut down as it was too hot. We are working on a system to keep it cool for tonight's ride. The YouTube stream will have timing data. Elapsed time, lap splits, laps completed, kph so far and time ahead or behind record pace.

The record I need to beat is 47.773km. I'm starting on a 49.5kph schedule and that is what I'll see data based on. The stream data will be based on the record. With a 6 second start differential, I'll need to average 18.1 seconds per lap (250 meters).

Kevin

http://kevinmetcalfe.dreamhosters.com
My Strava
Quote Reply
Re: 55-59 world hour record attempt tonight (7/15) ~8-8:30 central time [nslckevin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck!!!

I'm following ....
Quote Reply
Re: 55-59 world hour record attempt tonight (7/15) ~8-8:30 central time [nslckevin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crush old man dreams tonite!!!

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck!!
Quote Reply
Re: 55-59 world hour record attempt tonight (7/15) ~8-8:30 central time [KingMidas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fellow NorCal ... good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting the link. I will be rooting for you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good luck, will be checking in, can't wait to hear about it.

Was CPearce doing some shorter records? Can't read the ticket

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: 55-59 world hour record attempt tonight (7/15) ~8-8:30 central time [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:

Colby missed Bostick's 3km record by less than .1 seconds.

Dean Phillips bride the 40-44 3km record by 2 seconds.

Kevin

My Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nslckevin wrote:
Morelock wrote:

Ugh. Less than a tenth of a second?? Gutted. That sucks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kill it!

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nslckevin wrote:
Morelock wrote:

Was Dean on a TA?

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And he is off.... good luck!

Formerly TriBrad02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Freakin awesome ride! I watched most of it. I can't imagine the amount of suffering that took. Nearly 49.2 km!! Holy hell.
Quote Reply
Re: 55-59 world hour record attempt tonight (7/15) ~8-8:30 central time [kmill23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great rides Kevin and Dan that looked very pain full!!
Quote Reply
Re: 55-59 world hour record attempt tonight (7/15) ~8-8:30 central time [jellybelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Way Cool
Quote Reply
Re: 55-59 world hour record attempt tonight (7/15) ~8-8:30 central time [kmill23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kmill23 wrote:
Freakin awesome ride! I watched most of it. I can't imagine the amount of suffering that took. Nearly 49.2 km!! Holy hell.

Thanks everybody. That one kind of hurt a little... I am super stoked. The ride is up on Strava now.

Kevin

My Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It would be cool to get Slowtwitch do an article on the ride, preparation, and equipment choice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very cool ... last half looked brutal.
Quote Reply
Re: 55-59 world hour record attempt tonight (7/15) ~8-8:30 central time [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
It would be cool to get Slowtwitch do an article on the ride, preparation, and equipment choice

and what kind of drug testing he has been subject to...

Otherwise that record is not better than 'winning' Strava segments on a Moto.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome ride, congrats!

Quote Reply
Re: 55-59 world hour record attempt tonight (7/15) ~8-8:30 central time [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
grumpier.mike wrote:

Don't be a dick. I got drug tested last night and I was also tested in June.

Kevin

My Strava
Quote Reply
Re: 55-59 world hour record attempt tonight (7/15) ~8-8:30 central time [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
grumpier.mike wrote:

Dude. This isn't one of those threads where we anonymously rag on TDF riders who will never read it. Many of us have met Kevin or raced with him and he's been a contributor here for many years. So the tenor of your comments is way out of line.

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Quote Reply
Re: 55-59 world hour record attempt tonight (7/15) ~8-8:30 central time [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jens wrote:
windschatten wrote:
grumpier.mike wrote:

Dude. This isn't one of those threads where we anonymously rag on TDF riders who will never read it. Many of us have met Kevin or raced with him and he's been a contributor here for many years. So the tenor of your comments is way out of line.

Additionally, he's kept a pretty good blog on the run up to this, which included drug testing at Outdoor World.

Awesome ride, Kevin. I enjoyed following along!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats Kevin!!

I was a bit concerned when I started reading your deciding gears earlier before the effort. I am glad you made the right choice.

Reminded me of all those TV movies disarming the bomb with 30 seconds counting down. Should he cut the red wire or the blue wire. Should he use the 53 or the 52. You made the right choice it seems and finished great. Congrats!
Quote Reply
Re: 55-59 world hour record attempt tonight (7/15) ~8-8:30 central time [jens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jens wrote:
windschatten wrote:
grumpier.mike wrote:

agreed, and also for a UCI hour attempt to take place drug testing is required to be present so i think they got it covered.

Quote Reply

Prev Next