Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vegas dune buggy trips
Quote | Reply
Going to Vegas for a wedding next month. Bunch of friends are thinking of doing a dune buggy rental one day. Seem to be lots of choices online. Anyone do one before and can recommend a company.
Quote Reply
Re: Vegas dune buggy trips [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, but as I leave for my morning run, it's worthwhile reminding you that it will be 110+ degrees in the shade. And the dune buggy tours are in an even hotter area than where I am.

Consider this a preview of the Badwater Ultramarathon course crossing Death Valley. It is SERIOUSLY HOT in the Mohave Desert in July and August. Adding an open automobile engine to the mix makes for some dangerous conditions from the standpoint of hydration, too much alcohol the night before, etc.

May I suggest a kayak trip on the Colorado River instead? It's close to 60 degree water surrounding Hoover Dam, thereby cooling your environment considerably. Maybe not the adrenaline rush, but stunning scenery worth photographing and hard work too. If you're still drunk, at least the worst that will happen is that you fall into cold water wearing a life preserver around your chest ;-)

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On my recent trip there I ran at 4:30 am and it was 90°

Stay hydrated and stay in the pool. recreational pot is legal there now also Cinnaholic is amazing.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Vegas dune buggy trips [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you do a 1 day rafting trip? Getting on Thursday, Friday is open and Sat is the wedding we are attending. None of us are huge drinkers so being hung over isn't a big concern. A couple of the dune buggy trips I looked at were only 1-2 hrs max.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mattr wrote:
Can you do a 1 day rafting trip? Getting on Thursday, Friday is open and Sat is the wedding we are attending. None of us are huge drinkers so being hung over isn't a big concern. A couple of the dune buggy trips I looked at were only 1-2 hrs max.

I was referring to kayaking, as opposed to rafting. The Colorado River at that point does not have rapids for classical rafting. The kayak trips I mentioned leave from Willow Beach, about 13 miles South of Las Vegas. There are both 1/2 day and full day options.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Vegas dune buggy trips [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I'll look into it.
Quote Reply