Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
School me on swim trunks (not tri related!)
Quote | Reply
All my swim trunks are old and crappy. I am out looking for a couple new pairs

What the hell are board shorts? Are those swim trunks? If so, why is there no mesh to hold my junk? Do we not get the junk mesh any more?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: School me on swim trunks (not tri related!) [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can still get swim trunks. I would say, if anything, the long baggy board shorts are being replaced with shorted, 8" trunks, almost like running shorts, and you get the mesh too!

The bay actually has some decent, inexpensive, normal looking swim trunks, as does sport check or atmosphere. I just went on that search before a vacation a couple months ago.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will usually pick up a pair of Trunks brand swimsuits. They are about 7-8" long with the mesh. I find the board shorts are too long and not my thing.
Quote Reply
Re: School me on swim trunks (not tri related!) [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bay had nothing. I hate the bay. There is no swim trunk section. Everything is sorted by brand.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the loosest of terms yes board shorts are swim trunks. There's also something newer called a hybrid short. It's made of board short material but looks like a regular pair of shorts.

http://www.volcom.com/...1-sp17-a3211708.html

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: School me on swim trunks (not tri related!) [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
In the loosest of terms yes board shorts are swim trunks. There's also something newer called a hybrid short. It's made of board short material but looks like a regular pair of shorts.

Ended up buying board shorts because that was pretty much all I could find. Will probably have to wear a speedo under them to hold my junk.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Leddy wrote:

Ended up buying board shorts because that was pretty much all I could find. Will probably have to wear a speedo under them to hold my junk.

You must not have looked very hard.

You can find everything from board shorts to speedos, and whatever is in between. Board shorts don't have a liner, so if you wear them, you can wear compression shorts underneath if you're shy or need some support. You can find typical swim trunks from Speedo, Tyr, etc. You can find "fashionable" trunks from a variety of companies. Huckberry.com has a variety of styles/lengths from different manufacturers.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Leddy wrote:

Just wear the speedo. That's what I do. At least around my back yard pool. But then I'm old enough to remember when we all wore speedos to the beach and everywhere else. Women's swim fashions haven't changed in 60 yrs but male swim wear has become ultra conservative for some reason.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Board shorts are everywhere but they're too long and rub my thighs raw. I found some swim trunks from J Crew that were mesh lined and a normal short length. Give them your email address and they'll send you discounts every week.
Quote Reply
Re: School me on swim trunks (not tri related!) [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked in 4 different stores. Only saw board shorts. I don't wander all day long looking for something that may or may not exist. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Actually everyone gave me cash for my birthday so I went to the mall. I should have just put the money in the bank and shopped online.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe look beyond costco and quicksilver.

Mec would have them for sure, I know for a fact that sportcheck, atmosphere, and the Bay (around here, at least) have them.

Quote Reply
Re: School me on swim trunks (not tri related!) [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gap, old navy, the bay and Eddie Bauer. Then just bought at Old navy because they were 50% off.

I hate shopping. This is why I haven't bought a new suit in 10 years.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You hate shopping because you clearly suck at it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I looked in 4 different stores. Only saw board shorts. I don't wander all day long looking for something that may or may not exist. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Actually everyone gave me cash for my birthday so I went to the mall. I should have just put the money in the bank and shopped online.

Well, yeah, you bought at a mall, where everything is targeted at teenagers, even in the stores that supposedly are for adults.

You got what you deserved.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

If someone give you cash you buy booze or weed.
Quote Reply
Re: School me on swim trunks (not tri related!) [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
BLeP wrote:

I rarely drink and never smoke. Also bought myself a nylon hammock for the backyard. Easily the best thing I bought today.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ironic, seeing as you were unable to find a nylon banana hammock

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
knewbike wrote:
BLeP wrote:

I rarely drink and never smoke. Also bought myself a nylon hammock for the backyard. Easily the best thing I bought today.

Don't drink, don't smoke. What do you do?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Gap, old navy, the bay and Eddie Bauer. Then just bought at Old navy because they were 50% off.

I hate shopping. This is why I haven't bought a new suit in 10 years.

If you can't get them local but online. O'Neil , billabong, Volvom ,hurly are bigger brand names. You don't need anything underneath. They dry supper fast and are comfortable. It's about material then looks. A good pair will last you years. I have pairs that are 20 years old

ETA - if you are buying board shorts at gap you are doing it wrong

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Last edited by: Leddy: Jul 15, 17 18:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's probably killing Duffy not to reply to this thread !!!!!

Quote Reply
Re: School me on swim trunks (not tri related!) [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
BLeP wrote:
knewbike wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Don't drink, don't smoke. What do you do?

He's a goody two shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tommy Bahama actually has some really good ones. The shorter style which actually look pretty good for us (ex) tri guys
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
All my swim trunks are old and crappy. I am out looking for a couple new pairs

What the hell are board shorts? Are those swim trunks? If so, why is there no mesh to hold my junk? Do we not get the junk mesh any more?

You don't need trunks with mesh, you need some golf pants and diapers.

Otherwise you would need to take that shit to the Tri forum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know we do things differently, but board shorts have always been a very casual lazing about short for summer time, that double as beach/pool swim wear. Watch the tv coverage of cricket matches and most of the guys in the crowd are sitting around in board shorts, a singlet (I think you call them tanks there) and a baseball cap or sombrero with beer in hand.

I can't imagine the alternatives being discussed as being granted a 'pass' for attire you can stroll around the mall/beach/bbq in all day.

Edit: Prob why they also don't have built in mesh jocks, cause you'd wear underwear underneath if not swimming.
Last edited by: mv2005: Jul 16, 17 7:21
Quote Reply
Re: School me on swim trunks (not tri related!) [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Edit: Prob why they also don't have built in mesh jocks, cause you'd wear underwear underneath if not swimming.

They don't have a mesh liner because they were originally for surfers (hence the name), and they were designed for fast drying, which doesn't happen as well if you've got a liner. They're really not originally designed for casual wear, and they're not designed to wear with underwear.

Slowguy

Quote Reply

Prev Next