Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone switch from an iron to a steamer?
Quote | Reply
Thoughts? Iron takes me forever.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone switch from an iron to a steamer? [Triocd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get a steam generator iron...these have separate elements for heating the steam and heating the iron plate. You can use it as a steamer if you want also, but generally it will iron 1000% better than a regular iron, and it is what you see at any professional cleaners. They cost more of course, but most of them are industrial grade. You probably want something only "semi" industrial grade...the difference being how they heat the steam. The true industrial ones will heat the entire pot of water together, which can take very long...like 15 minutes, but then as long as there is water you never run out of steam. Sort of semi-pro one's have a pump that pumps a smaller amount of water that is heated much quicker....a couple minutes, but then the pump has to run ever few minutes to add more water. As they are more complicated they also probably don't last as long as the pro versions or take more maintenance. My 1st one lasted about 15 years I guess, Im on my second, the brand is "Reliable".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use the dryer

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triocd wrote:
Iron takes me forever.
You do not know what you are doing. Pressing is much cleaner looking than steamed?

Quote | Reply
travelmama wrote:
Triocd wrote:
Iron takes me forever.
You do not know what you are doing. Pressing is much cleaner looking than steamed?

Correct, I don't know what I'm doing ironing. I only do it every 3 weeks but I suck at it. I don't care how great it looks but just not obviously wrinkly. I have a new dryer with steam but things are still pretty wrinkly coming out.

My brother in law is a naval officer and swears by a steamer. They have to have neatly pressed clothing all the time. He's underwater though so I can't get in you wth him now[/reply]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triocd wrote:
travelmama wrote:
Triocd wrote:
Iron takes me forever.

Correct, I don't know what I'm doing ironing. I only do it every 3 weeks but I suck at it. I don't care how great it looks but just not obviously wrinkly. I have a new dryer with steam but things are still pretty wrinkly coming out.

My brother in law is a naval officer and swears by a steamer. They have to have neatly pressed clothing all the time. He's underwater though so I can't get in you wth him now[/reply]

A steamer only releases some of the wrinkles. It doesn't do anything for the creases you want, except maybe get rid of them.

You can use a steamer to quickly release wrinkles, and then a quick iron on the creases for pants, or you can buy an actual press.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're doing it wrong.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply