Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Girl Criticizes 'KKK' Sign. Cool! But There's Just One Problem...
Quote | Reply
Girl takes to Twitter to criticize a 'KKK' sign. At a baseball game. Can you guess what the 'KKK' stands for? You get two guesses and the first one doesn't count. ;-)

Girl takes to Twitter to criticize “KKK” sign at baseball game, but there’s one big problem with her outrage | Rare

"A young lady at a baseball game became the time-honored dunce when she complained about the “KKK” sign in the outfield. Atlanta-native Sania Kay was at a Braves baseball game when she noticed the sign in the outfield and tweeted her distaste, writing “definitely NOT ok.” Of course, the Braves’ stadium is not a home of proud white supremacists; instead, what Sania encountered was the “K-Corner.” Almost every stadium has one of them, the so-called “living scorecard” where fans in the outfield keep track of the home pitcher’s strikeouts. Of course, Sania quickly got ridiculed online for her cluelessness."

Well, the average IQ in the United States is 99, from published studies (yes, I know..."IQ isn't a sign of intelligence," etc. and thanks for pointing that out a few weeks ago ;-). It's beginning to seem to me that that's a tad too optimistic, if this young lady's cognition is any indication.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Girl Criticizes 'KKK' Sign. Cool! But There's Just One Problem... [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's funny.
Quote Reply
Re: Girl Criticizes 'KKK' Sign. Cool! But There's Just One Problem... [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Atlanta-native

Well there you go.

By the way, we gave them a good ass kicking today, but not as much as they deserve.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Girl Criticizes 'KKK' Sign. Cool! But There's Just One Problem... [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Quote:
Atlanta-native

Well there you go.

By the way, we gave them a good ass kicking today, but not as much as they deserve.

I knew you'd catch that Atlanta thing. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Girl Criticizes 'KKK' Sign. Cool! But There's Just One Problem... [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
That's funny.

+1

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After the last couple days of dealing with dunces in my life I am beginning to believe that 3/4 of people are below average intelligence.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Baseball now needs immediately to stop designating Ks for a strike out. S is already taken to designate a sacrifice. Perhaps they could use W to stand for whiff!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Girl Criticizes 'KKK' Sign. Cool! But There's Just One Problem... [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would be funny, if she wasn't so serious. Instead I think it's a good example of the state of the world at the moment. "I'm offended by this so we must change it for everyone!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're afraid of the average IQ dropping, Fear not!

Average IQ is by definition 100 with +/- 10 for each standard deviation.

We could all drop cognitive function by a half and still have an average IQ of more or less 100. (Plus or minus relative to other countries)
Last edited by: timbasile: Jul 10, 17 8:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe they can treat it like high rise buildings treat the 13th floor. Just skip over it. So, if a pitcher gets a third strike-out - the next batter is automatically out so they can immediately move it to KKKK. Hopefully that would solve this world crisis.
Quote Reply
Re: Girl Criticizes 'KKK' Sign. Cool! But There's Just One Problem... [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:
It would be funny, if she wasn't so serious. Instead I think it's a good example of the state of the world at the moment. "I'm offended by this so we must change it for everyone!"

From what's posted she thought she was seeing some sort of support for the KKK and didn't realize that K was the symbol for a strike out, which is what is funny about it. You could argue she should have been more skeptical but there's nothing that indicated once she was told about her mistake she was still offended by the use of K to indicate a strikeout or it needed to be changed. Unless you know more about the story from elsewhere.
Quote Reply
Re: Girl Criticizes 'KKK' Sign. Cool! But There's Just One Problem... [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
After the last couple days of dealing with dunces in my life I am beginning to believe that 3/4 of people are below average intelligence.

As my buddy always tells me - Imagine the average intelligence of an American and then try to keep from getting depressed that half of America is dumber than that!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:

From what's posted she thought she was seeing some sort of support for the KKK and didn't realize that K was the symbol for a strike out, which is what is funny about it. You could argue she should have been more skeptical but there's nothing that indicated once she was told about her mistake she was still offended by the use of K to indicate a strikeout or it needed to be changed. Unless you know more about the story from elsewhere.

The story i read this morning had quotes from her refusing to relent after it was explined to her.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Girl Criticizes 'KKK' Sign. Cool! But There's Just One Problem... [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:

The story i read this morning had quotes from her refusing to relent after it was explined to her.

Then she's a big dumb dumb.
Quote Reply
Re: Girl Criticizes 'KKK' Sign. Cool! But There's Just One Problem... [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As my buddy always tells me - Imagine the average intelligence of an American and then try to keep from getting depressed that half of America is dumber than that!
---
You're friends with the late, great George Carlin? Amazing!!!

Focus at :38.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
veganerd wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:

Yep. Here was her response when it was explained to her:

Sania Kay @Sania90
They should figure out a different way to record it bc that's offensive.

And then there was this gem:

Sania Kay @Sania90
You can say and feel how you want. But im entitled to my opinion too. And I don't want to look up and see that. Period.

It is indicative of the generation of the perpetually offended.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Girl takes to Twitter to criticize a 'KKK' sign. At a baseball game. Can you guess what the 'KKK' stands for? You get two guesses and the first one doesn't count. ;-)

Girl takes to Twitter to criticize “KKK” sign at baseball game, but there’s one big problem with her outrage | Rare

"A young lady at a baseball game became the time-honored dunce when she complained about the “KKK” sign in the outfield. Atlanta-native Sania Kay was at a Braves baseball game when she noticed the sign in the outfield and tweeted her distaste, writing “definitely NOT ok.” Of course, the Braves’ stadium is not a home of proud white supremacists; instead, what Sania encountered was the “K-Corner.” Almost every stadium has one of them, the so-called “living scorecard” where fans in the outfield keep track of the home pitcher’s strikeouts. Of course, Sania quickly got ridiculed online for her cluelessness."

Well, the average IQ in the United States is 99, from published studies (yes, I know..."IQ isn't a sign of intelligence," etc. and thanks for pointing that out a few weeks ago ;-). It's beginning to seem to me that that's a tad too optimistic, if this young lady's cognition is any indication.

Think first before you tweet? Do some research before you tweet? Screw that last one, because that's too hard.

This is SJW is really no different than my sister getting offended at the dinner table years ago just prior to me moving with my wife and son out to Santa Fe, and my father asks "Do you plan on becoming a Lobo?" My SJW sister thought that becoming a lobo was racist.

Quote Reply
Re: Girl Criticizes 'KKK' Sign. Cool! But There's Just One Problem... [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
veganerd wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:

Sania Kay @Sania90

Sania Kay @Sania90
You can say and feel how you want. But im entitled to my opinion too. And I don't want to look up and see that. Period.

Every generation has its offended idiots. My mom for example gets offended by the number 666. Regardless of context. Shes far from alone in that.

Quote Reply
Re: Girl Criticizes 'KKK' Sign. Cool! But There's Just One Problem... [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:

Every generation has its offended idiots. My mom for example gets offended by the number 666. Regardless of context. Shes far from alone in that.

With good reason!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Girl Criticizes 'KKK' Sign. Cool! But There's Just One Problem... [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
veganerd wrote:

With good reason!

When i was a teenager she freaked out when i ordered that album from bmg

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Late in replying, but as you saw she doubled down and stuck to it which reinforced my statement "I'm offended by this, so we must change it for everyone!" Cause that's the world we live in now. If she gets any traction with this, God help us all.
Quote Reply
Re: Girl Criticizes 'KKK' Sign. Cool! But There's Just One Problem... [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:
Late in replying, but as you saw she doubled down and stuck to it which reinforced my statement "I'm offended by this, so we must change it for everyone!" Cause that's the world we live in now. If she gets any traction with this, God help us all.

She appears to me to be of a generational cohort that's never been told "no" and who's always been told that her opinion is unique and brilliant. She must be confused as to why anyone would dispute the obvious brilliance of her insights in this instance. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You want to feel loved and welcomed, miss? Stay in your parents' basement and watch PBS. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
JSA wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
veganerd wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:

Sania Kay @Sania90

Sania Kay @Sania90

My grandmother refused to speak to my dad for some time in the '70s because he grew a mustache. Only low class people had facial hair according to her.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
According to her Twitter feed she has also been "told" that she has an IQ close to Stephen Hawking.

Sania Kay‏ @Sania90
Follow
More
I've been told that my IQ is close to that of Stephen Hawking. I'm pretty sure IQs test street and book smarts. @PhillyD

big kahuna wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:

She appears to me to be of a generational cohort that's never been told "no" and who's always been told that her opinion is unique and brilliant. She must be confused as to why anyone would dispute the obvious brilliance of her insights in this instance. ;-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next