Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? July 3 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?
Happy Canada 150th to the Canadian womens, and happy July 4 to the American ones. :-)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 3 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this week: day off from running nope, continue to alternate easy w/ speed I did a good job of this toward the end of the week, ride bike at least once sort of; 2 x 20 min stationary bike rides, swim 4x (1 done) done w/ 5

50 mi run (7x), 9.2 mi bike (2x), 4275 yd swim (5x)
I also took a lifeguard re-certification class, so I'm good for another two years there. :-)

goals this week: swim 5x, day off from running, keep alternating easy with speed, ride ROAD bike at least once

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: Anna s: Jul 14, 17 6:11
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr TC! What do you have planned for the holiday tomorrow?

I've been lurking recently but enjoying the pictures and stories from all the women.

It's still the long weekend here but Dan's clinic took the stat holiday on the Friday so it's a bit like a 4 day weekend for me (even better than a 3 day one). For the summer my goal is 150miles/week cycling + strength x 2. I've found that I'm much more likely to have consecutive 100-110mi weeks but once I hit 150, the next week is usually a low mileage one. Maybe I should set more modest goals but I want to hit 1000km/month at least one month this summer so more modest goals won't get me there.

Last week was tough - I had some kind of viral thing that affected my mouth. Constant stinging pain and my tongue seemed to be twice it's size (it wasn't) and getting caught on my teeth. It's much better now, thank goodness, and not being able to eat/chew helped with controlling the random snacking - silver linings.

Adding goals this week: seeing my exercise therapist/physio tomorrow and we're going to start re-introducing running. We're looking at twice a week with the goal of running a 5k pain free in September/October.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 3 Edition [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the Challenge Hellibron race. This week --- Have a great race. I am rooting for you!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope you have a good run-up to the race and a great race day Anna! Can't wait to hear all about it next week. (And wow, you're lucky with the lottery!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr., good work on your recertification. This thread feels safer knows we have a doctor and a lifeguard on board :)
Welcome back, Scheherazade Good luck on the reintro and I hope you heal quickly and fully from the infection.
Anna s, glad you're back reporting and congratulations on your slot at Challenge Heilbronn and feeling strong. We're cheering for you!

I was less motivated than I'd hoped last week after the race. Had a good meeting with my coach and decided to sign up for Santa Cruz 70.3 in September and fill the time with some fun, shorter stuff but mostly solid training and getting my bike fit sorted. I swam twice, ran once, and didn't do any yoga. I rock climbed on Saturday after an ocean swim, it was the best and I'd missed it a lot. On Sunday, I rode a slow and fun 100K/4K+ loop with one of my favorite riding partners for long but relaxed rides with lots of stops for snacks.

I'm back to my regular swim (3X), bike (3x), run (2-3x), yoga (1-2x), strength (3x), p/rehab (daily) schedule starting Wednesday. Some friends are running a local Independence Day 5K tomorrow so I'm going to run that. It'll be my first 5K race since *cough* 2003 and I hope I remember how to pace and that it's fun.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, Ladies! Very light week for me last week. I'm headed to June Lake this weekend am excited to do a race. I'm doing the half so I'm ready for some nice trail running. I have the week of work and am enjoying some down time. I also have next week off. Hubby and I are going backpacking. We were going to backpack up Rush Creek but with all the snow it is a no-go. So, we'll head north and do the Lassen area. I'm very excited!

Last week:

Swim x2
Bike x3
Run x2

My bad news... my treadmill deck broke. Grr. Oh well. It has lived a good life.

Anna S - dig deep! You can make it happen!

Be strong and fast women!!

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welp, no more photos it seems - photobucket has decided to disable any 3rd party sharing on my account unless I pay them, and I'm not doing that. Ah well.

Last week's goals:
swim x 1: win
bike x 1: win
run x 5: win with 6 - around 55km
core/strength x 4: win
rehab exercises x 5: win
foam roll x 1: FAIL

Taking a very easy week as I have the Limberlost Challenge 56k on Saturday - heading up straight from work Friday afternoon to camp at the race site for the weekend. Weather looks decent and apparently there are a bunch of new boardwalks on the course, so less chance of losing a shoe in the mud!

We also just adopted a beautiful stray cat yesterday evening; she has been hanging around near a friend's house since April (possibly abandoned by a university student that couldn't bring her home at the end of the school year), is far too skinny, but has had a vet checkup and seems to be a healthy 3-4yr old dilute tortie with gorgeous pale green eyes. She's very friendly with Tanker and I but doesn't want a thing to do with our old tomcat yet - she's got one hell of a growl! We're hoping she'll settle in and put on some weight after the stress of being kidnapped, vaccinated and then dumped in an unfamiliar place subsides. https://www.instagram.com/p/BWHGh3SAAth/

This week's goals:
run x 3
core/strength x 1
mobility/stretch x 1
foam roll x 1

Quote | Reply
Good of you to take Esmerelda in! I love cats :-)

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 3 Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aww, what a pretty kitty.

We'll miss your photos, but understand. Booooo on PhotoBucket.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 3 Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boo on photobucket -- hope that gets sorted, I love your adventure photos.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply