Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saddle advice?
Quote | Reply
Ladies,
I currently ride an adamo and I need some advice. I've got fairly narrow hips and I'm finding this saddle is too wide when I am racing (though not in training, usually. Perhaps due to the chamois and enormous amounts of chamois cream).
Any suggestions on saddles you love?
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle advice? [SMO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried zip-tying the rails together at the nose, so it's a little narrower up front? I personally don't do this, but my bike's previous owner did.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have any saddle suggestions but wanted to say that I have wider hips (had to size up to 155mm saddle on my road bike) and I find the adamo prologue wide at the front. I don't do IM length distances on it though so it's been manageable.

Maybe zip ties or see if the saddle comes in narrower iterations?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try the Cobb Max. Great TT saddle and very comfy for road to. It has a tapering nose so you won't feel the saddle rubbing on the sides of your legs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you sitting far enough forward on it? I eventually stopped using the ISM saddles because the spot on them that felt good was too far back, making the nose feel too wide.

Although they seem to have gone out of favor, I've done well lately with the Specialized Sitero. It's got a more narrow nose, and a wider flair. I do training rides with a neoprene cover on it because it has minimal padding.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found that I didn't like the shape of the taper on the Adamo; I went to a Cobb Randee which is far more "lollipop shaped" and it bothers my narrow hips and pelvis much less.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle advice? [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi ...i saw this post and have the same hip width as you (155mm)...had it tested at a bike shop and wanted to see what bike saddle you like for TT bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle advice? [ljam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi there,

So I'm actually still on the same saddle (which is no longer produced apparently - https://www.ismseat.com/saddle/adamo-prologue/ )

I've now done up to 70.3 distance on it and it's been okay but not great. I found myself more prone to skin irritation on it than on my road bike, but only on one side which I think has more to do with my anatomy than anything about the saddle.

If you do a search I know one of the other ladies on the forum linked to some blog posts where she tried out a whole bunch of saddles, that may be helpful for you.
Quote Reply