Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trainers
Quote | Reply
Shopping for a new trainer, what do you guys recommend? I don't care about power, and have a cyclops that is on its last leg.Thoughts??
Juan
Quote Reply
Re: Trainers [oldhagj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably a kurt kinetic road trainer - a very good fluid trainer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you reached out to Cycleops in regards to your trainer? They might give you a trade in discount if you ship the resistance unit back to them. I have their SuperMagneto and my brother has their Fuid2, both have been great. Made in the USA and great customer service!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you don't care abut power and smart, the Kirt Kinetic may be the best. Mine is so smooth, does not wear my tire at all, and has a great road feel.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainers [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like Kirt Kinetic is the choice..My Cycelops feels like its catching on the back...I had the issue 15 years ago with one and then it was toast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oldhagj wrote:
Sounds like Kirt Kinetic is the choice..My Cycelops feels like its catching on the back...I had the issue 15 years ago with one and then it was toast.

Don't be shy to reach out to cycle ops- they sent me a new one when mine died. Excellent customer service
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lifetime warranty on CycleOps unless you desire another brand.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainers [DesertTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They gave me a credit towards my Fluid2 when I upgraded from their wind trainer. I love it so much. It is such a better feeling to me than a Computrainer or a Kickr.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a lot to consider now days. So much so that it's almost all my YouTube channel is becoming these days.... which is fine by me, I love the tech, and a good indoor session or fifty. :)

Here's my quick summary/views on all the trainers I've used/abused over the years: https://gplama.blogspot.com.au/p/indoor-trainer-guide-gplama.html

If you've got any questions, fire away. Happy to help.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Last edited by: gplama: Jun 18, 17 18:26
Quote Reply
Re: Trainers [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For the budget wheel on trainers, which one is easiest to travel with? i.e- folds up nicely:)
Thanks!
Juan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oldhagj wrote:
For the budget wheel on trainers, which one is easiest to travel with? i.e- folds up nicely:)
Thanks!
Juan

They all fold down to about the same footprint/space. I just checked the SNAP, QUBO, and Rampa, confirmed. All about the same space with their legs/frames folded.

As for direct drive trainers. The Neo being one of the biggest when in use footprint wise folds up easily and neatly. The Neo box is the smallest of any direct drive trainers I own.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My SuperMagneto folds up nicely to store in my closet. Cycleops also sells a travel bag for the trainer. I do not have one but would buy one if I felt the need for it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Kinetic road machine (@$350). It's a smart trainer that works with Zwift, etc but does not have resistance. They make a resistance version (they call it 'smart control') but it's more expensive (another $300). I upgraded last fall from an old cyclops trainer. The road machine is a very solid, smooth and fairly quiet trainer. Folds up (most all of them do) but it's quite heavy (hence the quality). I'd recommend it anyone looking for a mid-priced, high quality trainer.

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply