Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Clayton 2 vs Clayton 1
Quote | Reply
I've developed some heel soreness since running in the Clayton 2s. It seems they are pretty much the same. So could it be the shoes?
Quote Reply
Re: Clayton 2 vs Clayton 1 [trimac2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vs. 1 couldn't tell you. But did get arch blister with Clayton 2. Shaved the insole on an angle near the ball of foot to make it more *tapered* like & that seems to have done the trick so far. So far...haven't done more than 13.1 miles in one run though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both 1 and 2's. The 2's are more tapered and a less roomier in the toe box, which works better for me. The "blister" issue on the arch was pretty bad on the 1's, but I fine if you wear socks. I haven't run in the 2's without socks, but I think they shoe is much better. In terms of the heel, I don't think they made any changes to the sole or heel? Though, I think the 2 heel doesn't feel as much like a "cup" as the 1's.
Quote Reply
Re: Clayton 2 vs Clayton 1 [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the clayton 2s. I've run 2xs in. These are my first hokas. I've got a small blister on my left foot kind of on the side but under the 1st met. It seems it's right where the insole meets my foot there. The edge I guess? I was trying these out but not sure. I've done a 6 mile, it was alright i could just "feel" it where it was touching my foot. Then I did an 18 miler and could definitely feel it and when taking off had a blister. The right foot was just a little tender there. So I don't know... Maybe just need to get used to. But haven't had this kind of blister in any other shoes.
Yes I did where socks also.

My insoles are yellow and say speed. Not sure if those are the updated ones or not. Thinking about taking an insole from another shoe and putting it in there to see if that helps.

David

H & A Racing
Quote Reply
Re: Clayton 2 vs Clayton 1 [dbro1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like I said, I took a utility knife & angled that square edge off the insole. Seemed to help a bit. I cut off the highest edge to taper it off right where you are having issues. Except my issues centered more around the right foot. Maybe have something to do with your landing/foot roll inward as to which would give you worse blisters. I talked to the HOKA rep at a race called Bolder Boulder 10km & he said they were looking at something to change it up yet again. I was fully honest about all their shoes I've used. Durability, blisters, softness to name a few, but praised them as well for the good things I really like. He took it all in & sounds like they are going to still be tweaking things in the future.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also had issues with my Clayton 2. Basically the tongue would move as I ran and the way the sole was made pushed my foot over the edge. I returned them to my running shop after about 60 miles and got the Clifton 3 instead.

http://www.hokaoneone.com/mens-road/clifton-3/1012046.html
Quote Reply
Re: Clayton 2 vs Clayton 1 [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same issue in my arches from the edges of the insoles after about 15km. I swapped the insoles out to a pair of thinner ones that came as spares in my Clifton 1's and that did the trick.

Kiwami NA Racing Team
Quote Reply