Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

aero jersey, without 'bunching'
Quote | Reply
Any recommendations for aero jerseys that don't bunch up when bent over? I've bought some really tight 'aero' jerseys in the past, but they inevitably seem to bunch up. Maybe because they are full zipper. Not sure if it's actually possible to not bunch up :). I bought a road suit from Voler which I really like, and was not too expensive, and there is no bunching (ok, I feel weird using that word now). But I have many bibs, so it would be nice to utilize them by adding a good jersey or two.

I was looking at these, which are pretty good prices right now, but I don't have high confidence they will be any better:
https://www.competitivecyclist.com/pearl-izumi-elite-pursuit-ltd-jersey-short-sleeve-mens-plz00d4?skidn=PLZ00D4-X001-Y003&ti=U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHM6YWVybyBqZXJzZXk6MToxNzphZXJvIGplcnNleQ==#review
https://www.competitivecyclist.com/nalini-aeprolight-mesh-ti-jersey-short-sleeve-mens?skidn=NAL000F-BLADOT-L&ti=U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHM6YWVybyBqZXJzZXk6MToxNjphZXJvIGplcnNleQ==

Maybe I should just by another road suit...
Quote Reply
Re: aero jersey, without 'bunching' [brbbiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you need to look for a shorter jersey. You'll only figure it out by trying it on in store or going custom.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try Rapha.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I simply fold them a little bit at around the bellybutton. Makes em tight.

Endurance coach | Physiotherapist (primary care) | Bikefitter | Swede
Quote Reply
Re: aero jersey, without 'bunching' [PT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PT wrote:
Try Rapha.

^ That.

I'm skinny as fuck. Seriously. I'm 6"2 and a bit, and wear XS in most jersey sizes (and still get bunching). With Rapha's aero range, I wear a Small - and it fits me like painted on. I hate that expression but not a single crease. Perfect fit.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kiwami wings.
Quote Reply
Re: aero jersey, without 'bunching' [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice. I guess it is worth paying a bit more and having something that actually fits rather than having a bunch of jerseys lying around that don't. But now that you guys have me looking at Rapha, I'm drooling over the Aerosuit they have as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try the jerseys from xbionic. Perfect fit, skin tight without being too tight and no bulching at all.

Regards,

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: aero jersey, without 'bunching' [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks pretty cool. Futuristic with a 'BionicSphere'!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try a Velocio jersey.
My wife just wore a new Velocio jersey the other day. When she put it on it looked super short in front. When she got into riding position it was perfect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a collection of these, don't wear anything else. They are stretchy, it is a knitted fabric, super breathable and have a skin tight fit. Best i ever used. I have 2 in medium that i use in colder races which are then really, compresion-like, tight but still comfortable and for training i use size large. Still fitted, but a little less tight. But even the large doesnt bunch

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply