Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [madmax231] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have people been able to get any sort of deal on "last years" model for their SC? I'm in the market for one but all the dealers around here are all special order from Trek for SC. Doesn't seem like any shops will be looking to unload on old inventory...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [aavlee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trek hasn't made any changes to the bike over the past few years, and no indication that they are coming out with anything new anytime soon. So no reason for shops to 'unload' anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought the SC 9 series small frame from 2016, wanting to have longer monoextensions. I'm not sure if the mono-extensions that came with the stock small frame is the "Short mono-extension part #: 436142" or if it's already the long mono ergo extensions part #: 436141. I don't want to buy the longer mono ergo monoextension if the stock frame already comes with the long mono ergo extensions. Anyone know how I can find out?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Rest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd imagine it comes with the short mono extension. Personally, I advise everyone to get the plug-in mono extension. It should be stock IMO
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed.

I recently had my Medium SC 7.5 built from the frame and it came with the long ergo mono extension. Even with it adjusted as far out as it would go, I could only grasp the extensions with my pinkies. I'm not a tall guy either at 5'8" (and don't have weirdly long arms or an odd position) but really surprised at how limiting the extension is that it comes with and that I couldn't order something different with the frame.

Anyway, went ahead and bought the plug-in mono extension...that thing was not cheap. Coupling it with some 3T ski bend extensions. Now to find someone with shorter arms than me who needs the long ergo mono extension ha...
Last edited by: eddiespaghetti: May 28, 17 12:53
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Carl,
If exist, can you give me the part number for the decals of the Bontrager Aura 5 TLR (White)? and the top cap for the stem (High-far)? How would you melt the plastic for Di2 cables and cable junction?
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [eddiespaghetti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had the same issue and got the plug-in. Luckily I found one on eBay cheaper. I think they assume people will put their forearms on the cups while I'm one of those who rests their elbow joint in the middle on the pad and also prefers a long stretched out fit (reach 505-510)

eddiespaghetti wrote:
Agreed.

I recently had my Medium SC 7.5 built from the frame and it came with the long ergo mono extension. Even with it adjusted as far out as it would go, I could only grasp the extensions with my pinkies. I'm not a tall guy either at 5'8" (and don't have weirdly long arms or an odd position) but really surprised at how limiting the extension is that it comes with and that I couldn't order something different with the frame.

Anyway, went ahead and bought the plug-in mono extension...that thing was not cheap. Coupling it with some 3T ski bend extensions. Now to find someone with shorter arms than me who needs the long ergo mono extension ha...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What extensions did you end up with?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I figured it out, it was the long mono-extensions. I thought it'd make sense if girls bike's came with short monoextensions and this is what the short extensions look like. Note the position of the bontrager icon on the monoextensions. The short one is a lot closer to the fork split than the long one.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [jose1984] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl is no longer with trek... :(

Might be best to call your local trek dealer, see if they can find the part #'s
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got zipp alumina ski bends. Would have liked a bit more rise but with the tilt mechanism of the mono extension I was able to get it to where I like it. I like a 15-20 deg tilt. Not sure where it's at right now but I'm fine with it. The tilt is named out though

BTW I had to drill two holes on the bottom of the extension to route cables through the plugin. If you have di2 is probably not an issue and you could route the cables through the ends but with mechanical the bend would be too tight. So if you get carbon ext drilling them might not be a good idea.. I think :-)

stevej wrote:
What extensions did you end up with?
Last edited by: sp1ke: May 29, 17 6:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcoffee wrote:

What?! Where did he go?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
SBRcoffee wrote:

What?! Where did he go?

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...string=carl#p6304053
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone know of a way to modify the aerobars to get more extension tilt?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Bummed he is leaving (even though it has almost been 2 years since my last race!), but glad he is going where he is going.

Good Luck Carl.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not in reply to you littlefoot, but just a general:

For those with di2, what do you use to keep your 5 port junction sitting on top of the stem cover?
cheers.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coates_hbk wrote:
not in reply to you littlefoot, but just a general:

For those with di2, what do you use to keep your 5 port junction sitting on top of the stem cover?
cheers.

I super-glued the di2 stem mount to the stem cover. Not the junction box itself, but the little mount that you'd usually rubber band around the stem. That way you can still take the junction box on and off. You may need to rough up both the mount and the stem cover with some sandpaper to get a good gluing surface.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Besides the built-in tilt mechanism of the mono extension the only way to get more tilt is to switch extensions to ski bends. If you want more tilt you can install the plug-in adapter and use whatever extensions you want. Zipp Evo seem to have a good amount of rise, also check out USE.

ridenfish39 wrote:
Anyone know of a way to modify the aerobars to get more extension tilt?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [PMo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahhh I see, cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know the Trek product number for the UCI-compliant rear brake cover for the SC 9.9? The Speed Fin is wonderful and all but I need to switch it out with the legal version.

Thanks,
Rob
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Busterk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im trying to find it, but so far I've only got the part with the Di2 bosses on.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6338399#p6338399

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Seat post bolt [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My seat post bolt sheared off today (very happy that it was today and not at IMLP in 2 weeks :). What's the part # for replacement and I assume that any bolt would work temporarily? Thanks all.
Quote Reply
Bottom Bracket Issue [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I remember reading a while back about problems people were having with the non drive side bearing being loose. I took my bike to a very trusted mechanic yesterday and he said he can basically install and remove the non drive side by hand and the drive side is perfect. The bike is a 2016 with about 4,000 miles in 14 months, Project 1. I have Ceramic Speed bearings which were installed when the bike was purchased. The mechanic told me yesterday that the crank currently has minor play in it as the cranks don't spin well if he tightens the preload more. I took the bike in for service at about 2,200 miles, 4 months ago, and they said the bottom bracket was really dirty and I should bring it quarterly. The drivetrain was real smooth and after the bottom bracket service mentioned previously, the cranks were not as smooth. About 1,500 miles later the cranks started to creek so I brought it to a mechanic I know who is extremely thorough. He said the non drive side ceramic speed bearing was shot and it was extremely dirty all around. Ceramic Speed warrantied the bearing, but I tend to think I am having a similar problem as others have regarding the BB-90 bottom bracket material being worn out. I rode the bike today after the bearing was replaced yesterday and I could feel the play in the cranks. I know other people have had the same issue with the non drive side bearing. Very frustrating with a $10,000 bike.

Has anyone dealt with this recently? If so, what did Trek or your dealer do you for you to remedy the problem? Any other information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all!

On my SC 9, the left side arm rest has developed a crack parallel to the extensions, running through the mount holes I'm using, and I'm worried about it failing.

Does Bontrager/Trek sell these anylonger? I can't seem to find them on their website, nor am I able to locate a part number. I can get replacement PADS but not the plastic "cups" that mount to the bar.

Any pointers are appreciated...

Greg

gbassett.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next