Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

swimskin
Quote | Reply
I have a 70.3 in a few weeks that will not be wetsuit legal so I'm looking for a swimskin.

I have a discount for Roka - but looking at the sizing I don't think it's going to fit me - I'm 5'2" but because I'm over 125lbs it says I should be a large? I'm never a large and wear size 6 or 8 pants and 8 tops. Just looks odd.

I'm thinking BlueSeventy or Tyr.

Thanks for your thoughts :)
Quote Reply
Re: swimskin [MtnBikerChk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe reach out to Roka with your measurements and fit concerns?

Try not to drown / rock the bike / hobby-jog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think calling Roka could be a good idea. I'm 5'3"-5'4" and was 125 when I ordered one. Pretty sure I chose medium but will have to dig it out of the basement to check. I've heard swim skins should be harder to get on than wetsuits. I have no idea whether or not that is valid but can say my Roka swim skin is a looser fit and easier to get on than is my Roka wetsuit, by a long shot. I think my swimskin is a size too big.

ETA - was too big. Currently unhappy with the I-had-surgery-weight that I seem unable to shed, I doubt I could get either the swimskin or wetsuit on at the moment. :-(

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Last edited by: Tsunami: Jun 7, 17 18:28
Quote Reply
Re: swimskin [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did chat with roka. They said large but it's returnable.

I just don't feel comfortable with it and will probably go with bs. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'8" and I can guarantee you that there is no way I could get into a large Roka swimskin. I'm normally a large in other brands - my Xterra is a large and my Zoot is a large. I don't even buy Roka because they size so small.

It seems like buying a medium would be fine for you - they are supposed to be damned tight. If you are on the border of a medium and large, go smaller, as long as you can squeeze into it.

I will say, they do make you faster!

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'4" and a solid post-baby 126 lbs. I think I bought a small Roka prior to getting pregnant. If you want, I can try it on and let you know the verdict!

I also just checked my email because I chatted with them about sizing. When I was 115# they suggested a small in the Comp and a medium in the Elite... fwiw.
Last edited by: gwaveswims: Jun 13, 17 11:24
Quote Reply