Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Premier Tactical [dkennison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Contest 9 is the best IMO. As for the others, putting 3 primary colors on a bike is, in my opinion, really lame. The faded ones are also cool, but the colors are bad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For me the word tactical makes me think military, police, special forces, etc. It makes me think about the old Garmin Tactix watch. Being tactical isn't about being flashy, it's about getting done what has to be done. It's about doing the hard stuff because someone has to.

I'm thinking about someone pointing a gun (I don't have any, so probably more a movie gun) with that little red laser dot on the target.

All that said, my opinion is that with a name like Tactical it should be matte black, glossy black TACTICAL on the tube with a small amount of red, like inside the fork or inside the chainstay or something like that. I don't see neon yellow and tactical going together. And I love neon yellow (running shoes, headphones, gym bag, bunch of shirts...)

--Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Screenshot 1 and Contest 9 are by the same person obviously. Hire them.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [Cnasta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [minimalist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the replies on the paint and decal. To answer the other question - the FC-35 tested fastest in the lowest position (adding the extension piece and flipping).

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Last edited by: dkennison: May 19, 17 6:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cnasta wrote:
dkennison wrote:
A few weeks ago we started a "Paint and Decal" contest to get some in-put from athletes. If you have a minute please let us know which one you like best. I have a few more but could only up-load 5 images. The others are on our facebook page @triPremierBike

Allready stated this at fb, but the designs still look a bit cheap (in a bad way, not in the good affordable cheap way like the pricing of the bike) :) If I had to choose from these, I would go for 9, but I think better designs are possible.

+1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How close to the head tube was it when it tested faster? Other tests seem to indicate it must be very close (almost against it) to be faster
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We pushed it back as far as possible with the back of the Profile Design touching the front of the base bar. The portion of the FC-35 extending down does not touch the head tube although I think it might perform just a bit better if it did. I have seen a new model (Taiwan Bike Show) that has some rubber pieces that can be cut to adjust to different bikes so the sides can extend back to any head tube. Not sure if/when that will be available.

Dan Kennison

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting. Even with mine flipped upside down and pushed all the way back the gap from the bottom of the bottle to my head tube is several inches so was just thinking that may be too much to get any Aero benefit and may actually result in an Aero penalty
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Screenshsot_1 but everything blue in red. so basically only white and red.

Last edited by: lmar77: May 19, 17 8:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Screenshot_1
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just an FYI - for anyone thinking about purchasing a Tactical from our first container of product.

Size Small only 1 left;

Size MD 1/2 are pre-sold;

Large we have 6 left.

An additional shipment this year will arrive in September.

5 Optimized chains left until June 7th then we will have another 100 ea including 10 each 10 speed.

Dan Kennison

Last edited by: dkennison: May 19, 17 8:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Contest 9, no contest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like Contest 1&2, but would probably lean a little more toward 2 if I had to chose.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [lmar77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lmar77 wrote:

This is the best yet, in my opinion. Although white frames get very dirty very fast. Needs to be glossy for sure. Also would carry the black further along on the drive side chainstay. White chainstays are dumb as dumb gets -- looking at you, Cervelo.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
lmar77 wrote:

This is the best yet, in my opinion. Although white frames get very dirty very fast. Needs to be glossy for sure. Also would carry the black further along on the drive side chainstay. White chainstays are dumb as dumb gets -- looking at you, Cervelo.
+1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to second what Kiley said about matte paint: don't do it. It's nice the first day you have it but it's impossible to keep it in good shape.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely this one which is on facebook but not in the pictures you linked to here. Definitely want to keep the blue you initially chose, and this is excellent - just adds a bit more blue to the frame while quieting down the disk wheel graphics. Blue seatpost is a 50/50 for me, but love the rest of it- remember, just because some people made noise about the graphics/color scheme, there's others that never said anything because we basically liked what you had going! Also like the facebook one in black/red with the flame-effect graphic...
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [rahciao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...this one, he tried again, hoping the attached photo would appear this time....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like Contest 9 the best in terms of style. The gray and black color looks the best, though I think you could potentially use some other colors with that scheme that would look nice as well. Like some of the others, I'd prefer glossy over matte.

Just my individual opinion, but I think larger decals look better. It'd look great could with the lettering covering a larger portion of the downtube (i.e. twice as tall as shown in Contest 9).

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I liked Contest 1 best and Contest 9 2nd. Not a fan of white bikes personally.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [lmar77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, this is by far the bes looking one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is an interesting comment. I see this written about other brands sometimes and I always have to ask, what then do you like? What bike out there has a "not cheap" design?

I think it's important to note that none of these designs would be final - another round or two of edits and feedback would be needed.

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the concept of decals. If you get tired of your color you can change it. There are other bike companies going the decal route, Omni and Diamondback offer various colors. Way cheaper than paint and all those headaches. Dan's design in blue really turned me on. It is a big change for me, I do not own a blue bike. What is really cool he is asking you what you would like. To my knowledge not one bike manufacturer does that.
Quote Reply
Re: Premier Tactical [rhudson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looking to buy one in the next year. really hope that wheels are decals and you offer a solid frame color. a high viz yellow (like trek offers) would be incredible (or matte black)
Quote Reply

Prev Next