Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Classic Snowflake behaviour.
Quote | Reply
Trump is such a fucking pussy.

"This is the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history!"

Really? Hmmmmmm....

Or how about this one ...

Millennials for all their whining have nothing on this giant orange crybaby.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Classic Snowflake behaviour. [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Put the computer down and step away from the internet.

This all-encompassing obsession with everything Trump for some people is remarkable. There are ongoing investigations, let them doing their jobs and see what comes of it. This non-stop posting about everything Trump is insane. You're not even American!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now I know exactly where you get your news from. My FB feed is full of this garbage.
Quote Reply
Re: Classic Snowflake behaviour. [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you need to liberate yourself from FB. I killed it a few weeks ago...great decision.

orphious wrote:
Now I know exactly where you get your news from. My FB feed is full of this garbage.
Quote Reply
Re: Classic Snowflake behaviour. [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This will be a classic CaptainCanada post.. He will post this nonsense and then walk away from it. Quite frankly I don't even know why I respond to this idiot anymore. Its exactly what he wants... Post some stupid thing about Trump that in the grand scheme of all that is going on, is really meaningless and then sit back and watch people argue about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sure, the Trump obsession is remarkable.

But then again, the level of whining and lack of perspective and self awareness on Trump's part is even more remarkable.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the irony about McCarthy witch hunt is that McCarthy was a witch. Re political put downs this still ranks as one of the best:

http://www.history.com/...rthy-meets-his-match
Joseph N. Welch, a soft-spoken lawyer with an incisive wit and intelligence, represented the Army. During the course of weeks of hearings, Welch blunted every one of McCarthy’s charges. The senator, in turn, became increasingly enraged, bellowing “point of order, point of order,” screaming at witnesses, and declaring that one highly decorated general was a “disgrace” to his uniform. On June 9, 1954, McCarthy again became agitated at Welch’s steady destruction of each of his arguments and witnesses. In response, McCarthy charged that Frederick G. Fisher, a young associate in Welch’s law firm, had been a long-time member of an organization that was a “legal arm of the Communist Party.” Welch was stunned. As he struggled to maintain his composure, he looked at McCarthy and declared, “Until this moment, Senator, I think I never really gauged your cruelty or your recklessness.” It was then McCarthy’s turn to be stunned into silence, as Welch asked, “Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last?” The audience of citizens and newspaper and television reporters burst into wild applause. Just a week later, the hearings into the Army came to a close. McCarthy, exposed as a reckless bully, was officially condemned by the U.S. Senate for contempt against his colleagues in December 1954. During the next two-and-a-half years McCarthy spiraled into alcoholism. Still in office, he died in 1957.
Quote Reply
Re: Classic Snowflake behaviour. [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I give people a 3 political post limit. If I see more than that I unfollow them.. Doesnt matter which party they are for either..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's your religious zealot post limit? ;-) That was a breaking point for me before I finally unfollowed everyone, just followed a couple of groups and used FB as a news aggregator by following a bunch of media sources, then realized that even those irritated the crap out of me so it had to go. I thought I'd use Instagram to keep up on the things I like with family & close friends, but forget to even check the IG account.

orphious wrote:
I give people a 3 political post limit. If I see more than that I unfollow them.. Doesnt matter which party they are for either..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:

Garbage? You mean direct quotes from the Persimmon-in-Chief?

Sorry, your boy Trump is doing this to himself.

===============
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
This will be a classic CaptainCanada post.. He will post this nonsense and then walk away from it. Quite frankly I don't even know why I respond to this idiot anymore. Its exactly what he wants... Post some stupid thing about Trump that in the grand scheme of all that is going on, is really meaningless and then sit back and watch people argue about it.

Classic Orphious post

Please just block me. It will stress you out less and make your life better.

===============
Quote Reply
Post deleted by SS88 [ In reply to ]
Re: Classic Snowflake behaviour. [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Those are so clever!

I'm going vote for Elizabeth Warren in 2020. Thanks for showing me the light.

God let's hope that's not an option. Trump would steamroll that nut.

===============
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

---

What's Morgan Freeman have to do with this?

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The US loves a bitch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like all good millennials...I deleted FB off my phone and only really use IG. No politics, just bikes, fishing and hunting, perfect for me.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I adore how you pointed out that a man who spent all of another president's term saying he wasn't an American but starts crying about people not being nice to him brings his supporters out in tears. BEAUTIFUL!
Quote Reply
Re: Classic Snowflake behaviour. [MTBSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those seem like the perfect things to follow. I don't hunt often these days, but plan to return to catching steelhead this autumn, so with all luck my IG posts will be kids & trout. Good enough for me.

MTBSully wrote:
Like all good millennials...I deleted FB off my phone and only really use IG. No politics, just bikes, fishing and hunting, perfect for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Classic Snowflake behaviour. [MTBSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTBSully wrote:

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Classic Snowflake behaviour. [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lol.. I just get alot of meme from immediate family that I know hasn't set foot in any kind of religious institution in ages. Those I usually ignore and scroll past. That was until my aunt was passing around D a meme of obi won kenobi as a Jesus once.. I had to jump in on that shit show lol.
Quote Reply
Re: Classic Snowflake behaviour. [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
Sure, the Trump obsession is remarkable.

But then again, the level of whining and lack of perspective and self awareness on Trump's part is even more remarkable.

It's remarkable to witness in it's most evident form, at times shocking, but it's not perplexing if you understand it in context. It's been a while since I looked at the criteria, but I witnessed it in person with my sister's ex, and he and Trump were cut from the same cloth.

The term has been tossed around endlessly, and flippantly, but his behavior pattern is literally straight out of the DSM.

Quote:
(H)ere are DSM’s requirements (link is external) (slightly condensed, and with minor bracketed amendments) for “earning” the unenviable diagnosis of Narcissistic Personality Disorder:

1. Has a grandiose sense of self-importance.
2. Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.
3. Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions).
4. Requires excessive admiration [regularly fishes for compliments, and is highly susceptible to flattery].
5. Has a sense of entitlement.
6. Is interpersonally exploitative.
7. Lacks empathy: is unwilling [or, I would add, unable] to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others.
8. Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her.
9. Shows arrogant, haughty [rude and abusive] behaviors or attitudes.

So what’s left out here? Actually, as regards identifying descriptors, quite a bit. And I’ve no doubt that other therapists could add further to the six additional characteristics I’ll provide here—features that, although regrettably minimized or omitted from DSM, I‘ve routinely seen displayed by the many dysfunctional narcissists I’ve worked with. So, to enumerate them, such individuals:

1. Are highly reactive to criticism. Or anything they assume or interpret as negatively evaluating their personality or performance. This is why if they’re asked a question that might oblige them to admit some vulnerability, deficiency, or culpability, they’re apt to falsify the evidence (i.e., lie—yet without really acknowledging such prevarication to themselves), hastily change the subject, or respond as though they’d been asked something entirely different. Earlier for Psychology Today I wrote a post highlighting this supercharged sensitivity called “The Narcissist’s Dilemma: They Can Dish It Out, But . . . ”. And this aspect of their disturbance underscores that their ego—oversized, or rather artificially “inflated”—can hardly be viewed as strong or resilient. On the contrary, it’s very easily punctured. (And note here another related piece of mine, “Our Egos: Do They Need Strengthening—or Shrinking?”). What these characteristics suggest is that, at bottom and despite all their egotistic grandiosity, they...

2. ...Have low self-esteem. This facet of their psyche is complicated, because superficially their self-regard would appear to be higher and more assured than just about anyone else’s. Additionally, given their customary "drivenness," it’s not uncommon for them to rise to positions of power and influence, as well as amass a fortune (and see here my post “Narcissism: Why It’s So Rampant in Politics”). But if we examine what’s beneath the surface of such elevated social, political, or economic stature—or their accomplishments generally—what typically can be inferred is a degree of insecurity vastly beyond anything they might be willing to avow.

That is, in various ways they’re constantly driven to prove themselves, both to others and to their not-so-confident “inner child” self. This is the self-doubting, recessive part of their being that, though well hidden from sight, is nonetheless afflicted with feelings and fears of inferiority. Inasmuch as their elaborate defense system effectively wards off their having to face what their bravado masks, they’re highly skilled at exhibiting, or “posturing,” exceptionally high self-esteem. But their deeper insecurities are yet discernible in their so often fishing for compliments and their penchant for bragging and boasting about their (frequently exaggerated) achievements. That is, they’re experts at complimenting themselves! And when—despite all their self-aggrandizement— others are critical of them, they...

3. ...Can be inordinately self-righteous and defensive. Needing so much to protect their overblown but fragile ego, their ever-vigilant defense system can be extraordinarily easy to set off. I’ve already mentioned how reactive they typically are to criticism, but in fact anything said or done that they perceive as questioning their competence can activate their robust self-protective mechanisms. Which is why so many non-narcissists I’ve worked with have shared how difficult it is to get through to them in situations of conflict. For in challenging circumstances it’s almost as though their very survival depends on being right or justified, whereas flat out (or humbly) admitting a mistake—or, for that matter, uttering the words “I’m sorry” for some transgression—seem difficult to impossible for them.

This is in large part why his responses and behavior in given situations is entirely predictable. He's hardwired for this behavior, and effectively incapable of change. It's possible we've had previous Presidents meet this criteria, though I think he lacks the impulse control and wisdom to keep it even remotely concealed.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Classic Snowflake behaviour. [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. Pathologically narcissistic. I've described him like that before, and I wasn't been flippant.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Post deleted by SS88 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
Put the computer down and step away from the internet.

This all-encompassing obsession with everything Trump for some people is remarkable. There are ongoing investigations, let them doing their jobs and see what comes of it. This non-stop posting about everything Trump is insane. You're not even American!!!

Ignore it and maybe it will go away? You're sounding just like Trump.
Quote Reply

Prev Next