Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Robert Meuller Appointed
Quote | Reply
Special counsel to investigate the Russian allegations!
Quote Reply
Re: Robert Meuller Appointed [xtremrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a good thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Robert Meuller Appointed [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
That's a good thing.

I think it could be a good thing for congressional republicans. By the investigation being compartmentalized it may allow them to get back to their legislative priorities.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xtremrun wrote:
dave_w wrote:
That's a good thing.

I think it could be a good thing for congressional republicans. By the investigation being compartmentalized it may allow them to get back to their legislative priorities.
-
Good (non-partisan) point. I also think it reflects well on Rosenstein.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xtremrun wrote:
dave_w wrote:
That's a good thing.

I think it could be a good thing for congressional republicans.

At least now the GOP House majority leader can either confirm or put to rest his suspicions about Trump being on Putin's payroll.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would love to think this will put an end to the speculation and get everyone back to doing their jobs, but frankly I think the side which doesn't get the finding / outcome they believe is correct will cry foul and it will continue.

Dems 6 months ago: Comey deserves to be fired!
The Donald: You're fired!
Dems now: Trump's fired Comey, he's worse than Hitler!

I am so fucking over this.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Robert Meuller Appointed [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
xtremrun wrote:
dave_w wrote:
That's a good thing.

I think it could be a good thing for congressional republicans.

At least now the GOP House majority leader can either confirm or put to rest his suspicions about Trump being on Putin's payroll.

Holy shit this stuff is literally unbelievable. Makes House of Cards look totally tame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xtremrun wrote:
Special counsel to investigate the Russian allegations!

Lock him up!
Quote Reply
Post deleted by SS88 [ In reply to ]
Re: Robert Meuller Appointed [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
GrimOopNorth wrote:
I would love to think this will put an end to the speculation and get everyone back to doing their jobs, but frankly I think the side which doesn't get the finding / outcome they believe is correct will cry foul and it will continue.

Bingo.

If this guy doesn't find anything substantial he'll be the next Ken Starr.

The problem is only the people in denial don't see Manafort, Flynn and Carter page are up to their eyeballs. Now just heard a report that Russian banker Jared met with financed a Trump property. It's only going to get worse.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mueller seems well suited. no telling what he'll find if he really digs into Russian money chichanery
Last edited by: tyrod1: May 17, 17 18:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now reported that wh knew flynn under investigation longer than previously reported and still waited 18 days to fire him...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xtremrun wrote:
Duffy wrote:
GrimOopNorth wrote:

Bingo.

If this guy doesn't find anything substantial he'll be the next Ken Starr.

The problem is only the people in denial don't see Manafort, Flynn and Carter page are up to their eyeballs. Now just heard a report that Russian banker Jared met with financed a Trump property. It's only going to get worse.

By worse you mean media attempting to strengthen the frame and confirmation bias? Yep.

Lets wait and see what the investigation yields before we start hanging people from lamp posts. Or have we completely discarded due process in favour of pursuing an agenda?

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Robert Meuller Appointed [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:

Dems now: Wait, you're happy with the guy until you find out he's probably investigating you so you fire him? WTF

FIFY

The Republicans have the House, Senate, and White House, can't get anything done and you're blaming the Democrats?

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh boy we finally get to see Trumps tax returns. And Duffy, you are right in that he probably had ties to banks from all over the world, but he has said flatly that he has no Russian business going on. It will not be that he has Russian ties, just the he has continually lied about them. The old Martha Stewart conundrum, cover up worst than the actual crime.
Quote Reply
Re: Robert Meuller Appointed [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And you know the old saying about a woman scorned, that goes double for an acting/assistant attorney general!!! Bet the talking heads at the White House wish they had never cooked up that first excuse to fire Comey now. Talking about coming back to bite you...
Quote Reply
Re: Robert Meuller Appointed [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
GrimOopNorth wrote:

Dems now: Wait, you're happy with the guy until you find out he's probably investigating you so you fire him? WTF

FIFY

The Republicans have the House, Senate, and White House, can't get anything done and you're blaming the Democrats?

What has the lack of legislation getting passed have anything to do with Comey getting fired? And when did I blame the democrats, since I presume you're responding to my post?

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by SS88 [ In reply to ]
Re: Robert Meuller Appointed [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If someone lies about you to the point that you are close to quitting your job because your reputation was so tarnished from the lie, probably should expect that person to be a little angry about you. People with biases run all of our companies and agencies. Probably a good idea not to severely piss off the one guy that can ruin you, even if you are president.

Either way this was going to happen once Comey was fired, it was just a matter of when and by whom. And never saw rats jump so fast from a sinking ship, who will be the last ones off the titanic here?

And I am not gloating one bit, I'm actually getting more afraid of what is coming after. Pence Im afraid is going to make us long for the days of Trump!
Quote Reply
Re: Robert Meuller Appointed [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Oh boy we finally get to see Trumps tax returns. And Duffy, you are right in that he probably had ties to banks from all over the world, but he has said flatly that he has no Russian business going on. It will not be that he has Russian ties, just the he has continually lied about them. The old Martha Stewart conundrum, cover up worst than the actual crime.

After listening to legal analysis of the decision, I think it's going to turn out to be a disaster for people like me, who just want to know the truth. If they're correct in their assessments, we'll end up knowing less, and not more, about the nature of the relationships (or lack thereof) between Trump's team and Russia, about his tax returns, his meddling in the FBI investigation, the content of the Comey memos, etc., because the existence of a special prosecutor moves all of that material behind closed doors, only to be revealed if there's a recommendation to prosecute, whereas an independent commission and congressional investigation would sift through that material publicly.

The most likely scenario, I suspect, is that Trump and co. will have been found to have been dishonest in their accounting of the details at nearly every turn, but that no actionable crime will be uncovered, and so none of their deception will be revealed, and Trump will claim victory and reinforce the lie that it's all about media persecution, and nothing more.

This appointment may ultimately provide him the cover of implied credibility he desperately needs.

Last edited by: sphere: May 17, 17 22:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
This appointment may ultimately provide him the cover of implied credibility he desperately needs.

Yes. Also I beg to differ with you as I don't think there's really anything there. But regardless, outcome as you say.

Also, in the meantime, this takes the heat off Trump on a day to day basis. Democrats gotta find a new move now.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Robert Meuller Appointed [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

You are being intellectually dishonest if you pretend that you don't see why the Dems wanted Comey fired and then were upset with how and when it was done.
Last edited by: Sanuk: May 17, 17 22:12
Quote Reply
Re: Robert Meuller Appointed [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Also, in the meantime, this takes the heat off Trump on a day to day basis.

Eh, I'm not so sure it works that way for him. In fact, I'm certain it doesn't.

I think it's far more likely than not that there is no crime to uncover--at least, initially--but Trump's inability to tolerate the existence of doubt or suspicion regarding his election victory has driven him to behave as though he's got something to hide. I mean, looking at the events as they've unfolded; it's progressed from baseless denials of Russian interference, even at the expense of the American intel community, to one massive unforced error after another, and for what? To cover up actual collusion, or to protect his fragile ego from the idea that he didn't register a clean victory? With Trump, the latter is equally as plausible as the former. There may not be a coverup going on here, but if there were, this is pretty much what it would look like.

A lengthy, broad scope investigation with teeth, into pretty much whatever Muller wants to look into, will take a heavy toll. His head space will jammed up like the beltway on a holiday weekend.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A lengthy, broad scope investigation with teeth, into pretty much whatever Muller wants to look into, will take a heavy toll.

I think a lot of members of Congress are secretly hoping the investigation is narrow and not sweeping in scope. Russian money runs through Washington pretty deeply and a lot of people might get snagged in the net and it doesn't start or stop with Trump.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I honestly think that's the most likely scenario. There was no collusion, but Trump just can't handle the investigation and the doubt, and he just melts down. And even if the investigation doesn't turn up any real criminal action or wrongdoing, it will absolutely turn up one story more embarrassing than the next.

I'm hoping for a quick resolution one way or the other, but independent investigations don't generally work that way.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply

Prev Next