Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTF is with that Ventum ad? -------->
Quote | Reply
Scares the shit out of me everytime it comes on.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: WTF is with that Ventum ad? --------> [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nobody else at least looks around to see what that noise is?

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hover you cursor over the ad and a tool bar will pop up. You can mute it there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nova wrote:

Everybody else is at work and has the sound muted on their computer.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: WTF is with that Ventum ad? --------> [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Nova wrote:

Everybody else is at work and has the sound muted on their computer.

I am at work. The sound on the computer alerts me/us that info is coming in. It's on all the computers so I/we can be away from the computer and working on other tasks instead of just sitting in front of the computer. Everytime the sound comes on it's this high pitched squeel that I'm not accustomed to, so it freaks me out, makes me think there is something wrong wth the instruments.

I mute the sound while ST is open, problem solved. :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My work seems to be able to block the ads but not slowtwitch ;o)
Quote Reply
Re: WTF is with that Ventum ad? --------> [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
My work seems to be able to block the ads but not slowtwitch ;o)

my work seems to be able to block the users who advocate blocking the ads ;-(

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have sound off but animation is ceeepy enough. Don't folks do any test marketing anymore? Or maybe we're the test
Quote Reply
Re: WTF is with that Ventum ad? --------> [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not me doing it there chief. I have no say in it. At home.. I get em all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my work seems to be able to block the users who advocate blocking the ads
---

How does that play out? You put an ad. User uses ad-block type software. Is there some sort of negative feedback given to you or the ad company that deducts from your bottom line?

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: WTF is with that Ventum ad? --------> [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
my work seems to be able to block the users who advocate blocking the ads
---

How does that play out? You put an ad. User uses ad-block type software. Is there some sort of negative feedback given to you or the ad company that deducts from your bottom line?

Yes. Slowtwitch is 100% supported by ad revenue. Ad blockers prevent the ads from being served. We bill our advertisers based on # of ads served. So if ads are blocked, they never serve, and we can't bill for them, so we don't get paid.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: WTF is with that Ventum ad? --------> [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What deducts from my bottom line is that you don't see the ad and any chance that the ad had of generating a positive effect is lost. Accordingly, anyone who enjoys free access to this site and repays that courtesy with the suggestion that readers employ a strategy of that sort rated an immediate ban, no time out, no reprieve, gone for good. Further, I have a utility that tracks such software in use by user and I'm glad to say that the number of people who deploy it on slowtwitch are quite rare. So, to you, I say thank you. We have a user base here that understands the value we provide and reciprocates accordingly.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: May 17, 17 14:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
What deducts from my bottom line is that you don't see the ad and any chance that the ad had of generating a positive effect is lost. Accordingly, anyone who enjoys free access to this site and repays that courtesy with the suggestion that readers employ a strategy of that sort rated an immediate ban, no time out, no reprieve, gone for good. Further, I have a utility that tracks such software in use by user and I'm glad to say that the number of people who deploy it on slowtwitch are quite rare. So, to you, I say thank you. We have a user base here that understands the value we provide and reciprocates accordingly.

I have ST whitelisted in my browser ad blocker but when I am at work, I never see the ads. If I try to go to reach.slowtwitch.com it gets blocked by my work firewall. They almost certainly just subscribe to some 3rd party that categorizes sites and you've been classified as something either inappropriate or malicious based on... well, I have no idea what exactly. Just something to consider.
Quote Reply
Re: WTF is with that Ventum ad? --------> [Zenmaster28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
other than exhorting you to become self-employed ;-) i can't blame you for what your company does.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you get paid extra if we click through?

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan invites us all over. Wines and dines us. Dinner is enjoyable. We keep coming back.

One day Dan serves jizz pudding for dessert. One person has the audacity to say: "Is anyone else bothered by the jizz pudding?"

Dan: "If you don't eat the jizz pudding you can get the hell out!!!"

BLeP: {deletes ad block plus and gets ready to eat jizz pudding}

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: WTF is with that Ventum ad? --------> [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What?!?! There's jizz pudding?!?!! Where's my spoon?

BLeP wrote:
Dan invites us all over. Wines and dines us. Dinner is enjoyable. We keep coming back.

One day Dan serves jizz pudding for dessert. One person has the audacity to say: "Is anyone else bothered by the jizz pudding?"

Dan: "If you don't eat the jizz pudding you can get the hell out!!!"

BLeP: {deletes ad block plus and gets ready to eat jizz pudding}
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At work I think its more of the company firewall able to filter them as opposed to an actual ad blocker. Some come through and some don't sometimes. Apologies if it came across as advocating using one. Wasn't my intention. Was making an observation is all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Nova, we are trying to replicate the issue you are having with the banner, can you send over OS and Browser info?
Quote Reply
Re: WTF is with that Ventum ad? --------> [chrislara] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrislara wrote:
Hi Nova, we are trying to replicate the issue you are having with the banner, can you send over OS and Browser info?

I'm at work and don't have access to anything. The as isn't bad, just the sound of the pedaling. I turned the volume down, problem solved.

I do want to reach the 1000 watts tho. :)

Quote Reply