Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Contractor build it guys and bar tenders what does a set up like this need and ball park $ to build
Quote | Reply
This old camper was made into a mobile bar, restored and contrusted with old bourbon barrels. Besides looking cool as hell, this would be a fun project. For a high end finished product how much we talking ball park$?

What what's the necessary equipment needed for the bar tender besides that basics?

http://pin.it/LypgY68
Last edited by: SkipG: May 17, 17 5:33
Quote Reply
Re: Contractor build it guys and bar tenders what does a set up like this need and ball park $ to build [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Equipment, besides booze right ? Assuming there's an ice maker and fridge not sure you need a lot of equipment. There's a sink already there. Unless adding a blender just basics,
Wine and beer bottle opener
Shaker
Glasses
Other then straws, tooth picks and such not sure what else you'd add.

Pretty cool

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Contractor build it guys and bar tenders what does a set up like this need and ball park $ to build [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah just odds and end stuff blenders wine storage that type of stuff. Saw a photo of one like this yesterday very similar and thought this just seems like a good side hustle where I live, near coast with tons of outdoor weddings and special events. Could be worth looking into for a little side hustle fun project.
Quote Reply
Re: Contractor build it guys and bar tenders what does a set up like this need and ball park $ to build [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just going to throw a number out there. If you have the "donor" trailer already I bet you I could do what you're looking at for around 5K. with a SHIT-TON of my own "free" labor, that is. That huge box with the tap would have to come apart or fold in half somehow for transport. The finishing bits would take a lot of time - precise cuts, nail/glue everything in place, fill voids and sand, then a bunch of varnish to make it shiny like that.

Background: I'm a CPA, woodwork and boat building hobbyist.
Quote Reply
Re: Contractor build it guys and bar tenders what does a set up like this need and ball park $ to build [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea I don't have a shit ton of time or know how to pull a project of this scale off and achieve the desired finished product I'm thinking about. That $5k just tripled at least I'm sure
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's a cool wooden kit from a boat building company.

http://www.clcboats.com/...eardrop-trailer.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Can't see the pics without a Pinterest account. Pinterest is the bane of my existence so no account for me. Post pics in thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SkipG wrote:
Yea I don't have a shit ton of time or know how to pull a project of this scale off and achieve the desired finished product I'm thinking about. That $5k just tripled at least I'm sure

easily ;). Why bother, though? There are easier ways to get a mobile bar setup. If you really want it on a trailer get an old pop-top. I have friends who stuck a kegerator into one and the thing was money (except that it cost almost none).

the CLC kit is gorgeous but I could never sell the wife on something that small. I have a CLC boat already and want another so I'm saving spousal goodwill for that.
Quote Reply
Re: Contractor build it guys and bar tenders what does a set up like this need and ball park $ to build [aarondb4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://i65.tinypic.com/vjbs0.jpg

Best I can do on my phone at the moment
Last edited by: SkipG: May 17, 17 9:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Custom build for bulleit. 150k to buy
http://www.drinkingcup.net/...dy-tailgate-trailer/
Second hand barrels ate 80 to 100 a piece to you. Given the pieces are curved and tapered I would guess 2k for barrels alone. Cost of buying a trailer to convert, wood materials and essential bar stuff I bet you are in 30k before labor.

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank God for something besides a Trump thread.

Re: Contractor build it guys and bar tenders what does a set up like this need and ball park $ to build [jriosa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jriosa wrote:
Custom build for bulleit. 150k to buy
http://www.drinkingcup.net/...dy-tailgate-trailer/
Second hand barrels ate 80 to 100 a piece to you. Given the pieces are curved and tapered I would guess 2k for barrels alone. Cost of buying a trailer to convert, wood materials and essential bar stuff I bet you are in 30k before labor.
woah!! 150k is rediculous, that's a decent house in some areas.

I called the place nearby that has this trailer, Palmetto Bluff a high end neighborhood and INN. Talked to a lady that works there and she said she worked for Bulleit for a few years in marketing.

Just a bit outside my budget for booze wagon to play around with!
Quote Reply
Re: Contractor build it guys and bar tenders what does a set up like this need and ball park $ to build [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SailorSam wrote:
SkipG wrote:

easily ;). Why bother, though? There are easier ways to get a mobile bar setup. If you really want it on a trailer get an old pop-top. I have friends who stuck a kegerator into one and the thing was money (except that it cost almost none).

the CLC kit is gorgeous but I could never sell the wife on something that small. I have a CLC boat already and want another so I'm saving spousal goodwill for that.
this is kind of what I was thinking for the end result

Fail... lost the link
Last edited by: SkipG: May 17, 17 19:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well 150 is what they are selling it with a year of free booze. They obviously underestimated my lIvers on because I am way over 5k a year.
But really, if you were to convert an old unit I sill think you are into at least 20k and more with labor
Master woodworker here. Feel free to hire me.

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply