Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Trump's three main mouthpieces: Conway, Spicer, and Huckabee-Sanders
Quote | Reply
They might just have the craziest and hardest jobs on the planet right now.

They're all pretty well educated and intelligent in their own thoughts but holy shit are they struggling with their assigned/mandated/voluntold tasks of doing Trump's bidding.

There's no way either of the three wake up excited to go to work each day. It's a day in and day out one-sided brawl that just can't be the least bit enjoyable. I get they want to stay viable in politics for whatever their reasons but this can't be worth it. I just don't see the upside in their respective positions. They're laughing stocks (right or wrong), potentially unhireable in the future, super stressful, and there is no way they believe half the BS they're spewing. Am I the only one who thinks they would all be better off leaving this circus and writing a book and making a few million bucks?

I'd be fascinated by a truthful and honest conversation with them.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's three main mouthpieces: Conway, Spicer, and Huckabee-Sanders [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Conway seems the craziest to me.
I dont think spicer actually believes half the shit that comes out of his mouth but hes smart enough to know what will happen to him the moment he steps out of line.

If he were to quit and write an honest behind the scenes book, he would make a fortune.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's three main mouthpieces: Conway, Spicer, and Huckabee-Sanders [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah the only upside would be you could probably write a book later. Will be interesting who will be working for him in a few years. One would think it will get progressively less attractive

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
voluntold

I just heard this for the first time the other day. When did this become a word?

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's three main mouthpieces: Conway, Spicer, and Huckabee-Sanders [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
voluntold

I just heard this for the first time the other day. When did this become a word?

about a gagillion years ago.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's three main mouthpieces: Conway, Spicer, and Huckabee-Sanders [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
voluntold

When did this become a word?

You may have two years where you'll - you understand the expression "vountold"?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
They might just have the craziest and hardest jobs on the planet right now.

They're all pretty well educated and intelligent in their own thoughts but holy shit are they struggling with their assigned/mandated/voluntold tasks of doing Trump's bidding.

There's no way either of the three wake up excited to go to work each day. It's a day in and day out one-sided brawl that just can't be the least bit enjoyable. I get they want to stay viable in politics for whatever their reasons but this can't be worth it. I just don't see the upside in their respective positions. They're laughing stocks (right or wrong), potentially unhireable in the future, super stressful, and there is no way they believe half the BS they're spewing. Am I the only one who thinks they would all be better off leaving this circus and writing a book and making a few million bucks?

I'd be fascinated by a truthful and honest conversation with them.

The better question is when did the Republican party become about "party before country"?

No one has enough courage to tell the emperor that he has no clothes. Or maybe that explains why Comey got the axe.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's three main mouthpieces: Conway, Spicer, and Huckabee-Sanders [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
Yeah the only upside would be you could probably write a book later. Will be interesting who will be working for him in a few years. One would think it will get progressively less attractive

I say again, the Rob Ford story is instructive here...

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
voluntold

Right after 'prime the pump' became a phrase.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you get a pass on this if you don't have kids. That is who I heard it from.

TheRef65 wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
voluntold

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Trump's three main mouthpieces: Conway, Spicer, and Huckabee-Sanders [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
voluntold

Wow, surprised I haven't heard this before. I"m not a young guy.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using it for at least 20 years. So it's been around somewhat longer than that

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's three main mouthpieces: Conway, Spicer, and Huckabee-Sanders [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:

I just don't see the appeal right now. I get the appeal a few months ago when they're thinking "I get to be the Counselor, Press Secretary, or Deputy Press Secretary to the POTUS" but holy shit have they gotten way more than I'm sure they bargained for with Trump. I don't get sticking around now and just repeating a Groundhog Day-esque reaming from the media. "Hey look, I get to go up on that podium again or on that news show again and spew a bunch of crap and get made fun of all week, and let it culminate with SNL making me look like an even bigger idiot. AWESOME!"

I'm really at the point where I feel bad for them. It's kind of crossed the line of funny and absurd to me and ventured into the sad. They are their own people though and are willingly doing it... I think. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree with just about everything you wrote, though I wouldn't be surprised if Conway actually buys into some of the stuff she's selling. Of the three of them, she seems to be the one most likely to be a true believer.

I chuckled when I saw that Melissa McCarthy took the Spicer-on-a-motorized-podium bit onto the streets of Manhattan today.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
voluntold

Wow, surprised I haven't heard this before. I"m not a young guy.

I'm not sure I heard it a lot (or ever) when I was in the corporate world but it became commonplace once I began working for the government. We get "voluntold" a lot.

Quote Reply
Re: Trump's three main mouthpieces: Conway, Spicer, and Huckabee-Sanders [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
Agree with just about everything you wrote, though I wouldn't be surprised if Conway actually buys into some of the stuff she's selling. Of the three of them, she seems to be the one most likely to be a true believer.

I chuckled when I saw that Melissa McCarthy took the Spicer-on-a-motorized-podium bit onto the streets of Manhattan today.

I just watched the video of it. I almost lol'd.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The picture alone makes me laugh...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which agency do you work for these days? Don't you indirectly report to the Don yourself, sorta kinda? These guys have only been on the job for 4 months. That's not even through the probationary period (making this shit up). If the rational plan is/was to write a bestseller about this, they are still gathering material. Everyone is aware that this is hardly the worst that will come out of that circus.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's three main mouthpieces: Conway, Spicer, and Huckabee-Sanders [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SailorSam wrote:
Which agency do you work for these days? Don't you indirectly report to the Don yourself, sorta kinda? These guys have only been on the job for 4 months. That's not even through the probationary period (making this shit up). If the rational plan is/was to write a bestseller about this, they are still gathering material. Everyone is aware that this is hardly the worst that will come out of that circus.

Yes, I'm in the Executive branch so the POTUS sits atop that hierarchy.

Quote Reply
Re: Trump's three main mouthpieces: Conway, Spicer, and Huckabee-Sanders [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Yes, the same time that Trump came up with the term "Prime the pump". Trump probably came up with "Voluntold" to - you know, believe me, he's so terrific with words! :)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
SailorSam wrote:

How do you feel about the Comey firing? Is the agency really in "turmoil"?

===============
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
I've been using it for at least 20 years. So it's been around somewhat longer than that

Yeah, my son came home from basic @ Valcatraz and that word was pretty much standard vocab for him - apparently he was volun-told to do a lot of things.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's three main mouthpieces: Conway, Spicer, and Huckabee-Sanders [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
SailorSam wrote:

I really liked the guy and that was the overall opinion of him throughout the Bureau despite the BS you're hearing from the White House. Some of his actions regarding the Hillary/election related stuff was a little head scratching but I do understand why he felt compelled to do what he did. That Lynch meeting with Bill Clinton really put Comey in a bad spot.

He always came across as a really honest guy who put integrity and "the right thing" above his own personal stuff. I felt he was doing what was right for the Bureau first and foremost. I met the guy three times, and thought he was very genuine and he really cared about the people who worked for him. Which was a stark contrast to Mueller who I thought was a complete jerkoff and didn't give a flip about the 35,000 people that worked for him. I couldn't wait for him to no longer be my boss. That was a long 12 years. I'm truly saddened by Comey's departure. It's a significant loss. Hopefully his successor is more like him than Mueller.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
SailorSam wrote:

I really liked the guy and that was the overall opinion of him throughout the Bureau despite the BS you're hearing from the White House. Some of his actions regarding the Hillary/election related stuff was a little head scratching but I do understand why he felt compelled to do what he did. That Lynch meeting with Bill Clinton really put Comey in a bad spot.

He always came across as a really honest guy who put integrity and "the right thing" above his own personal stuff. I felt he was doing what was right for the Bureau first and foremost. I met the guy three times, and thought he was very genuine and he really cared about the people who worked for him. Which was a stark contrast to Mueller who I thought was a complete jerkoff and didn't give a flip about the 35,000 people that worked for him. I couldn't wait for him to no longer be my boss. That was a long 12 years. I'm truly saddened by Comey's departure. It's a significant loss. Hopefully his successor is more like him than Mueller.

Thanks for answering. Always nice to hear the inside scoop. Between the Orange one and the "fake news" it is really difficult to get the facts.

===============
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's three main mouthpieces: Conway, Spicer, and Huckabee-Sanders [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.cnn.com/...mp-russia/index.html

I think that article does a good job summing up the feelings about Comey within the Bureau. He was certainly universally well liked prior to all the Hillary stuff, to which he may have lost favor with those more to the far right or left political leanings.

Quote Reply

Prev Next