Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bras not allowed in ironman?
Quote | Reply
Question. Ive been racing ironman for 6 years and have always worn a bra and tri shorts. I have been selected for the Quest for Kona TV show and tried the IM kit today and the darn stuff just slides right up until your sides are hanging out and its almost a bra anyway. Is this attire still legal? God i hope so. I read the rules and it talks about a sport top. What defines a sport top?
Quote Reply
Re: Bras not allowed in ironman? [tankinisusanne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have a photo or post a link of what you're referring to? Are you describing official IM attire?

A sport top is a bra for IM purposes.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have run 3 Ironman full distance qualifying events and Kona 2x in a sports bra. I can't stand the tight, oppressive feeling of a tri-shirt when I am running. It has always been race-legal. Though this is not true for ITU events (I almost died of heat)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are allowed to race in a sportsbra. It is called a sports top because men could race an equivalent cropped top if they chose to do so. I have clarified the new wording of the WTC rule with several ironman officials. The intent is to have your chest area not fully exposed. Your stomach/ bellybutton is fine to race with uncovered
Quote Reply