Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rapp's GoFundMe Taken Down?

The post is still up but the GoFundMe seems to have vanished. News on this?

Salton Sea Triathlon Club
“I swim to get to the bike. I run because nobody gives a shit about aquabike.”

Re: Rapp's GoFundMe Taken Down? [getbarreled] [ In reply to ]

Hello getbarreled and All,

My donation refund notification today ... no explanation ..... did they settle?

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster

Re: Rapp's GoFundMe Taken Down? [nealhe] [ In reply to ]

dear God, I hope so. a splash of reason in this moronacy.

I believed refunding the money was the right thing to do. I am working with my counsel to prepare a formal statement explaining. I'd ask for your patience and understanding in the interim.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp

At least somebody is seeing sense. Hopefully TJ Tollakson will see some sense too and the lawyers will not make a profit out of what is essentially a petted argument. Amen to that.

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.

Re: Rapp's GoFundMe Taken Down? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]

I have decided to end the GoFundMe and refund all donations. More than ever being about the money, I was looking for support. And that has been made extremely clear. So thank you. The value of that support is invaluable.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp

nealhe wrote:
Hello getbarreled and All,

My donation refund notification today ... no explanation ..... did they settle?

I guess a fool and his money are sometimes reunited.
Last edited by: Pantelones: Apr 30, 17 17:41

really looking forward to hearing some good news on this, especially for you.

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram

Why is "My First Race with a Dimond" locked?

Re: Rapp's GoFundMe Taken Down? [trineuropa] [ In reply to ]

trineuropa wrote:

Not speaking for Slowtwitch, but it's my understanding that the forum is on a short-term (week or two) moratorium on nearly all things Dimond. Particularly any mention of safety. The ability to discuss Dimond will be allowed again, at some point, though.

Re: Rapp's GoFundMe Taken Down? [Pantelones] [ In reply to ]

Hello Pantelones and All,

I guess I will just consider the source of that parsimonious remark ..... or maybe that was supposed to be in pink?

Pantelones wrote:

[/quote] I guess a fool and his money are sometimes reunited.[/quote]

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster

nealhe wrote:

I guess I will just consider the source of that parsimonious remark ..... or maybe that was supposed to be in pink?

Pantelones wrote:

No pink. A remark born completely from my opinion that anyone who intended to give money to that gofundme is a fool who got fooled by Jordan.

The fact that he took the gofundme down, with a refund, and stated he was just looking for support speaks for itself. If he just wanted support he should have started a ST poll, not solicit donations over a business dispute.
Last edited by: Pantelones: Apr 30, 17 21:14

Pantelones wrote:
nealhe wrote:

Pantelones wrote:

No pink. A remark born completely from my opinion that anyone who intended to give money to that gofundme is a fool who got fooled by Jordan.

The fact that he took the gofundme down, with a refund, and stated he was just looking for support speaks for itself. If he just wanted support he should have started a ST poll, not solicit donations over a business dispute.

Have to agree with this, there was definitely a splash of self importance or entitlement here, oh i got myself into this trouble, hope the world can bail me out because of who i am?

nealhe wrote:

Pantelones wrote:

I guess a fool and his money are sometimes reunited.[/quote][/quote]

Parsimonious? - very unwilling to spend money
or
Sanctimonious? - pretending to be morally better than other people

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)

There are so many quotes from Jordan contradicting his original claim, hopefully someone finally became the adult in the room.

Giddy up, there's no reason to look behind you, you're not heading that way.

Pantelones wrote:
nealhe wrote:

Pantelones wrote:

I'm glad it looks like the mess is headed for resolution.
I don't see it quite like this. Maybe a momentary slip into bad judgment combined with an emotional reaction and reaching out to his support. He got some support but also slapped down by some. One bad decision doesn't make a bad person. He reconsidered and took it down. Like I said, I was very surprised when I saw the post in the first place but more surprised by the response.

Re: Rapp's GoFundMe Taken Down? [trail] [ In reply to ]

I just was posting my experience not arguing with anyone.

Re: Rapp's GoFundMe Taken Down? [luarca] [ In reply to ]

luarca wrote:
I just was posting my experience not arguing with anyone.

Thanks for your report, I read it but did not comment on the thread prior to it being locked. The content of your race report were interesting for me to read outside the Dimond aspects. Actually I pretty well find every race report interesting. I wish more people not at the very pointy end would post their race reports (not yours, it was a pointy end report) because I think we learn more from mid pack than front of pack. Also I wish more people would post when their races were not successful. We learn most from race failures than successes. By the way I was actually surprised that you were mentally swayed by some of the banter on the forum relative to the robustness/safety aspects at all.

As for the topic at hand on this thread, I hope this means both parties are settling their differences and moving on in a constructive way. Most of us are fans of most gentleman in this dispute. I think the internet tough guys are generally being particularly harsh on Rapp for flip flopping on what he communicated publicly. It's a pretty fine line when you are being paid to do marketing and the engineering shop in the factory is fixing up "features" and you still have to go into the public domain and market knowing/hoping that it all gets taken care of. It's not an easy job, but you hope when you go to take the hill under enemy fire, the Air Force is going to provide you with aerial cover and you won't get killed in the ambush out there. That's really the crux of this. The front line guy is only as good as the aerial cover. The front line guy kind of has to push on in the mission assuming central command has him covered.

I also think for everything Jordan has put into the community he has some entitlement to see if people want to support him. Those who don't don't need beat him up. We've all benefited from his work (both paid, but a ton of it unpaid volunteer community service). I view it that he has paid forward towards community goodwill. You guys can choose to have a different view and that's fine. I've already made my position on Dimond known on other threads, so I won't rehash that. I say you guys (collectively, really all of us including myself) cut him some slack for both putting up and subsequently taking down the GoFundMe.

Re: Rapp's GoFundMe Taken Down? [trail] [ In reply to ]

trail wrote:
trineuropa wrote:

Not speaking for Slowtwitch, but it's my understanding that the forum is on a short-term (week or two) moratorium on nearly all things Dimond. Particularly any mention of safety. The ability to discuss Dimond will be allowed again, at some point, though.

and this thread is going to be locked too. it isn't to do with dimond safety. nor with jordan's behavior, nor with dimond's behavior. much more to deal with the behavior of those writing on these threads which, after 500 posts, and well past anything useful to write, often devolves into unhelpful remarks (because the helpful remarks don't get enough juice!).

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman