Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Secondhand Dimond [getbarreled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the weeks since I posted this, Ruster Sports (Dimond) has gone on to prove that their customer service is actually very bad and it's a top down problem.
Pro tip for general customer service:
When your company makes an error and it results in your inability to issue a normal refund, notify them that you are seeking a solution, don't wait for them to contact you. When you offer the option of mailed check, or PayPal, and they choose PayPal, don't wait for the customer to contact you again, days later, asking why they've not received the refund via PayPal, to mention that only the president of the company (TJ Tollakson) can issue PayPal refunds and he's "busy" driving to IMTX. That information should've been shared when the original check/PayPal options were given. Lastly, "busy driving to IMTX" does not excuse it taking 7 more days (9 total, and 12 since they acknowledged that it was their mistake) to get a PayPal refund issued. It's either apathy, elitism, or incompetence. None of which are acceptable for a high-end brand, operating in today's world of rapidly shared information and where exceptional customer service is ever more the norm.
Meanwhile, Ventum has been crushing it with constant contact and help with every little detail. Jimmy and his team have it figured out!!

Salton Sea Triathlon Club
“I swim to get to the bike. I run because nobody gives a shit about aquabike.â€
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I understood your point at the beginning , but i think diamond can be happy not to have you as a customer , given your petty character.

Quote:
getbarreled wrote:
In the weeks since I posted this, Ruster Sports (Dimond) has gone on to prove that their customer service is actually very bad and it's a top down problem.
Pro tip for general customer service:
When your company makes an error and it results in your inability to issue a normal refund, notify them that you are seeking a solution, don't wait for them to contact you. When you offer the option of mailed check, or PayPal, and they choose PayPal, don't wait for the customer to contact you again, days later, asking why they've not received the refund via PayPal, to mention that only the president of the company (TJ Tollakson) can issue PayPal refunds and he's "busy" driving to IMTX. That information should've been shared when the original check/PayPal options were given. Lastly, "busy driving to IMTX" does not excuse it taking 7 more days (9 total, and 12 since they acknowledged that it was their mistake) to get a PayPal refund issued. It's either apathy, elitism, or incompetence. None of which are acceptable for a high-end brand, operating in today's world of rapidly shared information and where exceptional customer service is ever more the norm.
Meanwhile, Ventum has been crushing it with constant contact and help with every little detail. Jimmy and his team have it figured out!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Remind me why you think Dimond should issue you a refund on a bike you did not buy from them.
Quote Reply
Re: Secondhand Dimond [treyedr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he's looking for the refund to the misc part he ordered BEFORE the fork debacle went down.... Though, trashing the company before finalizing any sale/refund doesn't seem like the best play.

Also.... an obvious solution to the whole problem (perhaps someone said this, I cant imagine I'm the first). You should have had Pro Closet refund you $600 of the original purchase of the bike/frame. If, as I recall the tube is too short for ANY use they basically have a piece of carbon laying around that anyone who buys the bike will need to pick up a replacement fork for (they'll probably know the cost of which by this point in the thread). Why didn't you just tell them (pro closet) to cut you the refund, pay Dimond for the fork (at the correct price) and call it a day? You're not out any more money than you originally thought, pro closet does right by you for selling you an useable bike (without having had disclosed it) and they're not stuck with the inventory.

A final point, and perhaps what gets me the most is that if you really had wanted the Dimond you should have just saved your pennies (I did). When your plan for picking one up on the cheap went out the door and you made it Dimond's problem, not yours the dream went from... I want a Dimond, to I want a cheap bike. Being able to roll with it, right or wrong is a key part of being a triathlete. Case in point, last weekend Jesse Thomas's tri suit ripped on the swim exit and he duct taped that shit shut and went on to crush his race last weekend, I don't see him complaining.

2024: IM Hamburg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They're probably reading this thread and thinking "Why the fuck should I go out of my way to help this guy?"

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Secondhand Dimond [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't worry, that ship has long sailed. Issuing a refund and communicating that there are delays due to your own fuck up, in no way falls under the definition of "going out of your way to help someone."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When you go and bad mouth a person (Dimond is more like a group of people than a large faceless corp) they are more likely to put you last in the queue for all of the things they have to do that day. Be nice, and they are more likely to treat you well.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Secondhand Dimond [xcrogers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, this is for brand new product I purchased at the onset. The refund was finalized this morning.

The solution with pro's Closet you mention was discussed and was not an option. They were willing to issue some refund but not that much. The plan was to offset the $600 originally quoted, with the $300 that they were willing to get back on the bike.

Your third paragraph here misses the point of my whole post and maybe I'm just really shitty at communicating because apparently a lot of people seem to have missed it. I never made it dimonds problem. My problem was that dimond treated me poorly after making a mistake on their part and now we see this again with their issuing of the refund.

Interestingly enough, it seems that the dimond mafia has shout down enough people that those who have had issues with their customer service choose rather to just hide in the shadows. I've been direct messaged by a handful of people since my thread here and in another forum has broken loose. People who have bought full price bikes crime them and still had Poor enough service that they took the time to write me.

xcrogers wrote:
I think he's looking for the refund to the misc part he ordered BEFORE the fork debacle went down.... Though, trashing the company before finalizing any sale/refund doesn't seem like the best play.

Also.... an obvious solution to the whole problem (perhaps someone said this, I cant imagine I'm the first). You should have had Pro Closet refund you $600 of the original purchase of the bike/frame. If, as I recall the tube is too short for ANY use they basically have a piece of carbon laying around that anyone who buys the bike will need to pick up a replacement fork for (they'll probably know the cost of which by this point in the thread). Why didn't you just tell them (pro closet) to cut you the refund, pay Dimond for the fork (at the correct price) and call it a day? You're not out any more money than you originally thought, pro closet does right by you for selling you an useable bike (without having had disclosed it) and they're not stuck with the inventory.

A final point, and perhaps what gets me the most is that if you really had wanted the Dimond you should have just saved your pennies (I did). When your plan for picking one up on the cheap went out the door and you made it Dimond's problem, not yours the dream went from... I want a Dimond, to I want a cheap bike. Being able to roll with it, right or wrong is a key part of being a triathlete. Case in point, last weekend Jesse Thomas's tri suit ripped on the swim exit and he duct taped that shit shut and went on to crush his race last weekend, I don't see him complaining.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
When you go and bad mouth a person (Dimond is more like a group of people than a large faceless corp) they are more likely to put you last in the queue for all of the things they have to do that day. Be nice, and they are more likely to treat you well.

To be honest, not all 'clients' are valuable. I run a small consulting business and I will walk away from potential bad clients - in a polite way. Even if they rant/review me on-line, it frequently exposes their character and not mine.
I'm kind of glad Dimond has not chimed in here. There are differing comments and opinions here but I feel the OP's stance speaks for itself, nothing to add.

[ The sign of intelligence is you are constantly wondering. Idiots are always dead sure about every damn thing they are doing in their life. - Vasudev ]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I imagine this thread is going to take a new direction...

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread

Perhaps you should consider yourself lucky that you have a valid reason to return your frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Secondhand Dimond [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beston wrote:
I imagine this thread is going to take a new direction...

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread

Perhaps you should consider yourself lucky that you have a valid reason to return your frame.

WOW!! Thanks for sharing!

Quote Reply
Re: Secondhand Dimond [buck_shot11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
buck_shot11 wrote:
You are putting to much on the manufacturer. Their primary interest is selling new bikes and I get that. You can ask any primary Dimond owner and they will ALL say that the customer service is second to none!

ALL except one. (unless of course by primary, you mean the first buyer of the bike)

If I knew a bike company wouldn't help future owners of my bike, I reckon that would impact the value of the bike on the second hand market. If the bike company is killing my resale price, I'm going to take note of that.

Imagine if Chevy did that with cars? They don't give a rats ass if you are the first owner of the car or 10th owner. If you need a part, they sell you the part. (notwithstanding the knock off parts, I believe car manufacturers sell their parts at the same price to everyone)

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: Secondhand Dimond [JayPeeWhy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JayPeeWhy wrote:
TL;DR version

Guy buys a bike from a third party that doesn't work, wants the part from Dimond for half price when its only available at full price, cries online because he's not getting his own way in the hope they'll cave.

TL;DR JayPeeWhy jumps to a lot of unsupported and derogatory conclusions about the OP's story. Then when proven wrong he won't admit it.

Can't wait to see what JPY has to say about Rapp. [insert popcorn eating gift]
Quote Reply
Re: Secondhand Dimond [The Guardian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Guardian wrote:
JayPeeWhy wrote:
TL;DR version

Guy buys a bike from a third party that doesn't work, wants the part from Dimond for half price when its only available at full price, cries online because he's not getting his own way in the hope they'll cave.

TL;DR JayPeeWhy jumps to a lot of unsupported and derogatory conclusions about the OP's story. Then when proven wrong he won't admit it.

Can't wait to see what JPY has to say about Rapp. [insert popcorn eating gift]

By unsupported do you mean the OP had already clearly indicated to everyone each of the items I pointed out. Maybe I should not have taken him at his word.

As for Rapp. I would be pissed if my beam moved like his does or if I had to glue my seat rails. I don't but I don't think he is making it up. I don't know enough about his contract to say whether he's made a stupid and naive mistake or whether he was within his rights to sign for Diamondback. I do know that he should have borrowed Jessie's ... it's apparently quicker :)

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
They're probably reading this thread and thinking "Why the fuck should I go out of my way to help this guy?"

If I were them, I would be thinking "Damn, we should have just taken that guy's $600 and sent him a fork. We turned a potential brand advocate into a public detractor. Let's think a little more 'big picture' next time something like this happens."

Even if the responses here were 2:1 in Dimond's favor, the brand still suffered way more than $600 in bad PR in this thread.

Of course it's all small potatoes now that the Rapp bomb has dropped.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: Secondhand Dimond [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

If I were them, I would be thinking "Damn, we should have just taken that guy's $600 and sent him a fork. We turned a potential brand advocate into a public detractor. Let's think a little more 'big picture' next time something like this happens."

Even if the responses here were 2:1 in Dimond's favor, the brand still suffered way more than $600 in bad PR in this thread.

Of course it's all small potatoes now that the Rapp bomb has dropped.

I think you're right Gary P, given that this is from a PM conversation I just had tonight...

"Hey nate! Were you the one that had problems with dimond??

I ask because I was literally days from making a deposit on a dimond until I saw what you experienced with the Fork and now jordan rapp...

...Wowwww I was just talking with them about building a marquise. This has 100% convinced me to not go with dimond."

That guy is knocking on Ventum's door tomorrow morning. It's not that hard to treat someone like you give a shit, Like Jimmy Seear did for me. Makes them crazy loyal. After the private convo I had with TJ, it became clear that he didn't give a shit.

Quote Reply
Re: Secondhand Dimond [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bullshit buying a used bike is always a gamble. Then having a hissy fit on slowtwich because your gamble failed .......tuff titty
Quote Reply
Re: Secondhand Dimond [rhudson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhudson wrote:
Bullshit buying a used bike is always a gamble. Then having a hissy fit on slowtwich because your gamble failed .......tuff titty

Another one misses the point. Eee aye eee aye OH

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Make sure you keep a close eye on your bikes BB area. ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rhudson wrote:
Wow I have nothing but good things to say about Dimond and Brad. I ordered a bike last year with custom paint. Bike came it was a stock paint job. Called Brad he just said something happened in the pipe line and they would take care of it. Sent the bike back told him I would be Ironman Wisconsin in 5 weeks just bring the bike there in there demo van that would be fine. Came home 2 weeks later there was a box from Dimond sitting on my porch. The bike was beautiful raced it at Wisconsin. Dimond is top rate to me.

Can you think more critically about this vignette?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.â€
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This thread is fundamentally night and day compared to Rapp's.

It kind of boils down to a non-customer of Dimond's (in this instance and for the purposes of this discussion) being quoted a certain price (a customer price) and later not having that price honored by Dimond. Dimond could either honor that price or not. They were under no obligation to honor it. Sure, they could have said "our bad on the misquote, so we will sell it to you for $600" or they could hold steadfast to their policy. That's their decision to make and I'm completely indifferent to it. Personally, I would have probably said "my bad" and sold it for $600 but Dimond chose to stick 100% by their policy. Okay. That's their choice.

The Rapp thread is a whole different animal. Unfortunately, it will give this thread some credibility, and it shouldn't. They're not remotely the same thing.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rhudson wrote:

Huh?
I don't get half the responses to this.
Buying second hand is a bit of a gamble because you don't know how the bike has been treated and maintained and can't be certain if it's in the condition you hope it is. But, as I read it, that's not what this is about. It's about the way Dimond have handled his inquiries about getting spare parts. His being a second owner should be pretty immaterial. But if they are trying to use an incentive pricing scheme by selling at higher price to non-original owners, they need to be clear and fair about it. If they gave an erroneous quote and hadn't had the price listed I think they should have apologised at the very least, and given their exposure to social media, it would have been wise to try and honour the quote or split the difference. To try and turn a customer you've disappointed into your salesman by offering them the cheaper price if they refer a customer is both insulting and idiotic. You want them to go talk to prospective customers about the brand that they now have a grievance with? It doesn't matter if their objective would be to find you a customer. Whether they succeed or fail, the outcome is likely negative for Dimond.

I know nothing about Dimond's bikes, business model, pricing or customer service performance except bits and piece's I've come across on ST. They're not of specific interest to me. However, it's quite clear that many people have invested themselves in this brand emotionally for some reason. Responses to Dimond related comments always seem to be either ultra-positive or ultra negative. It's rather odd....
Last edited by: Ai_1: Apr 27, 17 5:40
Quote Reply
Re: Secondhand Dimond [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
This thread is fundamentally night and day compared to Rapp's.

It kind of boils down to a non-customer of Dimond's (in this instance and for the purposes of this discussion) being quoted a certain price (a customer price) and later not having that price honored by Dimond. Dimond could either honor that price or not. They were under no obligation to honor it. Sure, they could have said "our bad on the misquote, so we will sell it to you for $600" or they could hold steadfast to their policy. That's their decision to make and I'm completely indifferent to it. Personally, I would have probably said "my bad" and sold it for $600 but Dimond chose to stick 100% by their policy. Okay. That's their choice.

The Rapp thread is a whole different animal. Unfortunately, it will give this thread some credibility, and it shouldn't. They're not remotely the same thing.

Agree, they are totally different but they are both helping to paint a very ugly picture of the company.

Dimond should understand some people would have to buy secondhand bc of the price of their product. Idk but in my mind anyone that owms and rides a dimond makes that person a dimond owner. First hand owner, secondhand owner, whatever...but an owner nonetheless. They should have handled this situaton a little differently. Or let's say if they truly cared about growing their brand and their customers and/owners (however you want to classify a secondhand owner), they would have handled it a little differently.
Quote Reply
Re: Secondhand Dimond [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:

They're different animals, for sure. This is a tiny deal compared to that huge deal. The one common thread, however, is that in both cases, Dimond appears to be more interested in being right than rich; that winning an argument is worth any bad PR that comes as a result. These guys seem to think they're made of teflon. We're about to find out if that's true.

I work in retail. There are lots of times I want to tell a customer or potential customer to go pound sand. But in this day and age of social media, google ratings, yelp, etc, you have to consider the costs of doing so very carefully. Stubbornness can and will cost you more than you think you are saving.

I often find that if I just let the customer vent, without interrupting, and when they're finished say something as simple as "I understand how you feel. I'm sorry we made you feel that way. We don't want unhappy customers. What would it take to make you happy?", the answer is usually less than what I initially thought.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Apr 27, 17 5:58
Quote Reply
Re: Secondhand Dimond [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With regards to Dimond not selling replacement parts. They do. The thing is though, I am not convinced the OP had a Superfork to begin with. I asked a couple of times but no response.

The Superfork being in short supply was being produced as standard on the new bikes and as 'thanks for being a customer upgrade' for original owners of the old bike. Which I think is fair enough.

I am not sure that replacement parts were not being sold. I may be wrong.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next