Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cerveloguy - lube up with this for your next liaison with windywave
Quote | Reply
He loves this stuff. Loves it.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-39640165

"For the first time I have real hope."
Quote Reply
Re: Cerveloguy - lube up with this for your next liaison with windywave [Bone Idol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know many in the medical community have been talking about this for quite some time. could be great!

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Cerveloguy - lube up with this for your next liaison with windywave [Bone Idol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cuba has a very advanced 1st world quality biomedical industry that they have developed themselves in spite of the American embargo and independent of anybody else. They deserve a lot of credit for this. It is a remarkable achievement for a poor island nation under an embargo.

Suck it up windywave.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another article about Americans flying out of Canada to get the Cuban cancer treatments.

I think why Cuba has been able to develop such a good biomed industry is a) it was a Fidel priority b) they were not hampered by the political or for profit motivations of Big Pharma and have been allowed to do their own thing independently.

Can't wait to hear from windywave. Windy, are you out there? Windy?

http://www.cbc.ca/...ccine-cuba-1.3611326
Quote Reply
Re: Cerveloguy - lube up with this for your next liaison with windywave [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Cuba has a very advanced 1st world quality biomedical industry that they have developed themselves in spite of the American embargo and independent of anybody else. They deserve a lot of credit for this. It is a remarkable achievement for a poor island nation under an embargo.

Suck it up windywave.

Suck what up? Nazi Germany had an advanced medical research program too
Quote Reply
Re: Cerveloguy - lube up with this for your next liaison with windywave [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

Suck it up windywave.

Yeah, but theirs was for killing Jews, not developing cancer drugs.
Quote Reply
Re: Cerveloguy - lube up with this for your next liaison with windywave [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Another article about Americans flying out of Canada to get the Cuban cancer treatments.

I think why Cuba has been able to develop such a good biomed industry is a) it was a Fidel priority b) they were not hampered by the political or for profit motivations of Big Pharma and have been allowed to do their own thing independently.

What do you want me to say? One good drug erases all that's wrong. Sure there you go
Quote Reply
Re: Cerveloguy - lube up with this for your next liaison with windywave [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

What do you want me to say? One good drug erases all that's wrong. Sure there you go

Just want to say what I've always said to you - you've got Cuba all wrong. But at least you've admitted their cancer drug research is a good thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
windywave wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

Suck it up windywave.

Uh not quite. They experimented on camp prisoners like Mengele
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
windywave wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

Just want to say what I've always said to you - you've got Cuba all wrong. But at least you've admitted their cancer drug research is a good thing.

I'm not irrational about the issue just steadfast in my position vis a vis human rights
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
windywave wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

Suck it up windywave.

With cancer drugs? I don't think so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a statement about Cuba, but you'll want to go back and reread your Holocaust history if you think Mengele's so-called experiments were for the purpose of anything other than torturing and killing Jews and other prisoners. There was no interest in advancing actual medical knowledge. None whatsoever beyond the barbaric.

windywave wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
windywave wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

Suck it up windywave.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

It's sad to see economic ignorance masquerading as wisdom. There are people in Venezuela starving to death right now because they voted for people with your same economic insights.

A couple important points...

1.) There is -- without a doubt -- investment and profit in the Cuban model. The state just allocates all the resources and takes all the money.
2.) Ironically, Fidel's priority means that he places less state regulation between any biomedical science and any application. Arguably, Cuba has a more free market than the US with regards to big pharma. No Cuban drug has to go through or pass FDA style, multi-billion dollar drug approval processes. The state just gets to pay its laborers uncompetitive poverty inducing wages. Hooray!
Quote Reply
Re: Cerveloguy - lube up with this for your next liaison with windywave [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Not a statement about Cuba, but you'll want to go back and reread your Holocaust history if you think Mengele's so-called experiments were for the purpose of anything other than torturing and killing Jews and other prisoners. There was no interest in advancing actual medical knowledge. None whatsoever beyond the barbaric.
There are no excuses for the Nazi's torturous experiments on human beings. And I do not want this to be construed as defending the Nazi's in any way. However, you are not correct. There was interest in advancing medical knowledge -- and medical knowledge was advanced --there just wasn't any measure of compassion given to human beings beyond that given to your typical lab rat of yore (I say "yore" because modern day lab rats are treated better).
Quote Reply
Re: Cerveloguy - lube up with this for your next liaison with windywave [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
Quote:

It's sad to see economic ignorance masquerading as wisdom. There are people in Venezuela starving to death right now because they voted for people with your same economic insights.

1.) There is -- without a doubt -- investment and profit in the Cuban model. The state just allocates all the resources and takes all the money.
2.) Ironically, Fidel's priority means that he places less state regulation between any biomedical science and any application. Arguably, Cuba has a more free market than the US with regards to big pharma. No Cuban drug has to go through or pass FDA style, multi-billion dollar drug approval processes. The state just gets to pay its laborers uncompetitive poverty inducing wages. Hooray!

Venezuela economics has nothing to do with an anti cancer drug developed in Cuba. And there are also all kinds of people around the world starving to death under right wing pro capitalist dictatorships. Cuba has done something quite deserving of significant medical/scientific credit . End of story.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
SH wrote:
Quote:

Venezuela economics has nothing to do with an anti cancer drug developed in Cuba. And there are also all kinds of people around the world starving to death under right wing pro capitalist dictatorships. Cuba has done something quite deserving of significant medical/scientific credit . End of story.
Cuba has good baseball players too. Kudos to them for that. I'm just picking apart your ignorant statement about being "hampered by for profit motivations". End of story.
Quote Reply
Re: Cerveloguy - lube up with this for your next liaison with windywave [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
SH wrote:
Quote:

Cuba has good baseball players too. Kudos to them for that. I'm just picking apart your ignorant statement about being "hampered by for profit motivations". End of story.

Are you telling us that Big Pharma is totally hunky dory. Then you're by far the ignorant one. End of story.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Are you telling us that Big Pharma is totally hunky dory. Then you're by far the ignorant one. End of story.

You're telling me the way to improve Big Pharma is to...

1.) Let Big Pharma pay medical employees indentured servant wages, like Cuba?
2.) Let Big Pharma distribute drugs with much, much less testing, like Cuba?
3) Let Big Pharma decide what testing is even necessary before distribution, like Cuba?
4.) Let consumers have no redress for tort related harms Big Pharma might cause, like Cuba?
5.) Let Big Pharma consolidate into one large monopoly company, like Cuba?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
SH wrote:
Quote:

What is a Right Wing Pro Capitalist Dictatorship?

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
And there are also all kinds of people around the world starving to death under right wing pro capitalist dictatorships.

Show me one that took a prosperous country and destroyed it in < 20 years only by implementing their pro economic freedom/capitalist plan.
Last edited by: SH: Apr 21, 17 17:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
Quote:
And there are also all kinds of people around the world starving to death under right wing pro capitalist dictatorships.

Show me one that took a prosperous country and destroyed it in < 20 years only by implementing their pro economic freedom/capitalist plan.

Its quite obvious that you know absolutely nothing about Cuba history. Cuba was never a "prosperous" country in its entire history except for the very small % of wealthy elite that made their fortunes on the backs of the exploited that began from the moment that the Catholic church sanctioned enslavement of the native aboriginal population. Once they were exterminated, Cuba was a major player in the African slave trade. Institutionalized racism wasn't even abolished until Castro. Even at the time of the Castro revolution, much of the population was living in poverty, illiteracy, and other substandard conditions while Batista entertained the Mafia and American corporate interests which exploited Cuban workers with low wages, no benefits, no healthcare and long hours. Cuba is not prosperous today, but did eliminate the social inequalities. I've seen much worse poverty in any other Caribbean island that I've visited. But everybody in Cuba has free access to education and healthcare. They are a very proud people and the island is the safest for tourists in the entire Caribbean.

There have been a lot of pro capitalist dictator failures, many propped up by the CIA, that have failed over the years. Its too late for me to do a google tonight.

I'm sure you probably know more about "economics" than I do since that was never my area of study, but I'm calling you out as a right wing hack trying to use that as an argument while ignoring the bigger picture.

And.....back to the OP....you've still got to give a lot of credit for Cuba for their independent biomed industry and cancer research. Although I doubt very much that you would.
Quote Reply
Re: Cerveloguy - lube up with this for your next liaison with windywave [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[b wrote:
What is a Right Wing Pro Capitalist Dictatorship?[/b]

Trump? :-) lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
SH wrote:
Quote:

Its quite obvious that you know absolutely nothing about Cuba history. Cuba was never a "prosperous" country in its entire history except for the very small % of wealthy elite that made their fortunes on the backs of the exploited that began from the moment that the Catholic church sanctioned enslavement of the native aboriginal population. Once they were exterminated, Cuba was a major player in the African slave trade. Institutionalized racism wasn't even abolished until Castro. Even at the time of the Castro revolution, much of the population was living in poverty, illiteracy, and other substandard conditions while Batista entertained the Mafia and American corporate interests which exploited Cuban workers with low wages, no benefits, no healthcare and long hours. Cuba is not prosperous today, but did eliminate the social inequalities. I've seen much worse poverty in any other Caribbean island that I've visited. But everybody in Cuba has free access to education and healthcare. They are a very proud people and the island is the safest for tourists in the entire Caribbean.

There have been a lot of pro capitalist dictator failures, many propped up by the CIA, that have failed over the years. Its too late for me to do a google tonight.

I'm sure you probably know more about "economics" than I do since that was never my area of study, but I'm calling you out as a right wing hack trying to use that as an argument while ignoring the bigger picture.

And.....back to the OP....you've still got to give a lot of credit for Cuba for their independent biomed industry and cancer research. Although I doubt very much that you would.
The "starving to death" reference is to Venezuela, so your history of Cuba comments aren't even on point.

And as far as the biomed industry... I'll give the Cuban slave laborers some credit for striving in their prison, sure. I will not give Cuba credit. I will not give communism credit. American slaves harvested more cotton in the American South than in the rest of the world combined. You want me to give the Confederacy credit for that? You want me to talk up the institution of slavery?

I just want people to understand what you really defend here. Your bizarre romance with institutional evil needs to be shown for what it is. If a system cannot function without resorting to dictatorship, without total suspension of human rights, and without enslaving its people then the "big picture" is that it is evil. So, I'm not ignoring the big picture here. You are.
Quote Reply