Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Challenge Gran Can - Brownlee
Quote | Reply
So tomorrow Alistair Brownlee makes his debut on the 70.3 distance? Start list shows a pretty thin field (or I could be wrong, but not many pros I am familiar with)? http://challengegrancanaria.com/...stration/start-list/

It seems quite likley that AB will obliterate that field, or am I wrong? Giardini could hang well on for the swim and bike, but struggle on the run? Perhaps also Manuel Kung? I dont see anyone matching AB once they start running - and perhaps AB will (intentionally) take this one a bit easy before St. George next weekend?
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Gran Can - Brownlee [lovegoat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lovegoat wrote:
So tomorrow Alistair Brownlee makes his debut on the 70.3 distance? Start list shows a pretty thin field (or I could be wrong, but not many pros I am familiar with)? http://challengegrancanaria.com/...stration/start-list/

It seems quite likley that AB will obliterate that field, or am I wrong? Giardini could hang well on for the swim and bike, but struggle on the run? Perhaps also Manuel Kung? I dont see anyone matching AB once they start running - and perhaps AB will (intentionally) take this one a bit easy before St. George next weekend?

St George is 2 weeks away, not next weekend.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did Alistair previously announce he is riding Scott instead of Boardman and I missed that? Or did he just drop that on instagram now...

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Gran Can - Brownlee [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pics on Twitter as well
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Gran Can - Brownlee [piertown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Johnny too?? I don't twitter so I only saw Ali's post.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Gran Can - Brownlee [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the prince of Bahrain really racing pro? Will he still be allowed the armored SUV with guards and submachine guns to drive next to him on the course like he did on Florida?

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
here's the scoop.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Gran Can - Brownlee [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LMFAO! Did that really happen? Freaking ridiculous.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Gran Can - Brownlee [bilalm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...hrain%20suv#p4833576

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Gran Can - Brownlee [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh this guy. Yeah hes riddled with controversy. http://trstriathlon.com/...-unfortunate-number/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does Challenge offer a tracker or some sort of live coverage?

Patti in NJ
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Gran Can - Brownlee [PattiTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is Boardman cleaning house? They seem to have lost / dropped a few people recently.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Gran Can - Brownlee [PattiTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes:-) check the race website!
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Gran Can - Brownlee [splashrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
splashrunner wrote:
Is Boardman cleaning house? They seem to have lost / dropped a few people recently.

They are for some reason sponsoring alot of norwegian athletes. I think they picked up both the male and female norseman-winners last year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Boardman are sponsoring a cycling team for the first time this year - One Pro Cycling. Presumably that didn't leave any spare cash for Skipper, Gossage and now the Bs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
splashrunner wrote:

They are sponsoring

http://oneprocycling.com/

Pro Conti level team

Which is probably taking a lot of their budget.

Ali and Jonny did say that post London 2012 lots of manufacturers offered them huge deals but they wanted to stay with Boardman as he'd been there with them since the start. Boardman have tended towards Brits inevitably, they sponsored Nicole Cooke when she won Beijing Road Race 2008 for example.

Obviously as they are moving towards the mid point of their careers, they've decided they'd like a bit of a payrise. Can't blame them.
Last edited by: Race1: Apr 21, 17 13:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The weather forecast for tomorrow looks like a comfortable one with ~18*C at the start and only 21*C for the high. That along with partly cloudy skies should make for pretty ideal race conditions. I'm excited to see what sort of run split Alistair puts up.

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Last edited by: sciguy: Apr 21, 17 15:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He will probably win by 5-10 mins looking at the field. True test will come at St George
Ladies field looks much deeper, at least i recognize the names on the list, Ryf, Gossage, Abraham,,,,
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Gran Can - Brownlee [asianzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asianzone wrote:
He will probably win by 5-10 mins looking at the field. True test will come at St George
Ladies field looks much deeper, at least i recognize the names on the list, Ryf, Gossage, Abraham,,,,

Yea I think so too (though win-margin of 5 min or smth, thats still huge on the pro levle. I would also suspetc he doesn't go to deep on the run today, if he doesnt have to. As I noted above I think Giardini could hang on until T2 (atleast he's had some amazing swim/bike splits in the past!)

Live tracker here: http://challengegc.live.trackingsport.com/online/seguimiento
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will be interesting to see how far Mark Buckingham pushes Alistair.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Gran Can - Brownlee [messien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well AB has a 1 min gap on the bike already. After coming in with the first swim pack he only seems to have spent 20k putting 1 min into the rest..! and 2 min into David Giardini, who was also in the first swim pack.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lovegoat wrote:
Well AB has a 1 min gap on the bike already. After coming in with the first swim pack he only seems to have spent 20k putting 1 min into the rest..! and 2 min into David Giardini, who was also in the first swim pack.
He is truly crushing it! Can't wait until st george

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Gran Can - Brownlee [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AB is just under 3 minutes ahead at 40k. That's extended the gap 2 minutes in 20k. Flying.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Gran Can - Brownlee [chilled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chilled wrote:
AB is just under 3 minutes ahead at 40k. That's extended the gap 2 minutes in 20k. Flying.

yeah flying! Im surprised he crushed the field this hard on the bike - allthough I guess the gran-can bike course is kinda hilly? (which would play to AB i guess?)
Quote Reply

Prev Next