Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training a shipper
Quote | Reply
I have a UPS guy that continually leaves our packages on the driveway or end of the walkway, and never at the front door. Any tips for getting this brownshirt in line?

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Training a shipper [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leave a trail of chocolates to the door.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We probably get at least 2 packages a week from Amazon delivered. I'm home 1/3 if not 1/2 the time, frequently outside playing with kids. We also keep water, small bottles of Gatorade, kids juice, vitamin water, etc., in a garage refrigerator. I started offering our UPS guy drink on a really hot day and typically now do the same for contractors, etc. Started doing this just to be nice but it has paid dividends. I know for a fact that multiple trips have been made to our house for signature required items that otherwise could have required me to pick up after a couple of attempts. When we're not home, packages are always on the porch. If there is a hint of precipitation, everything is wrapped bullet proof. Treat people the way you'd like to be treated.
Quote Reply
Re: Training a shipper [Harry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harry wrote:
We probably get at least 2 packages a week from Amazon delivered. I'm home 1/3 if not 1/2 the time, frequently outside playing with kids. We also keep water, small bottles of Gatorade, kids juice, vitamin water, etc., in a garage refrigerator. I started offering our UPS guy drink on a really hot day and typically now do the same for contractors, etc. Started doing this just to be nice but it has paid dividends. I know for a fact that multiple trips have been made to our house for signature required items that otherwise could have required me to pick up after a couple of attempts. When we're not home, packages are always on the porch. If there is a hint of precipitation, everything is wrapped bullet proof. Treat people the way you'd like to be treated.
This has been my experience as well...be nice to them and they'll take care of you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
I have a UPS guy that continually leaves our packages on the driveway or end of the walkway, and never at the front door. Any tips for getting this brownshirt in line?

You know who else wore brown shirts, don't you?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Iron cross [ In reply to ]
Re: Training a shipper [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
windywave wrote:
sphere wrote:

You know who else wore brown shirts, don't you?

A guy I train with calls me a nazi, white supremacist, "chorizo blanco" and "obergruppenfĂĽhrer".

He works for UPS so I always point out that he's the one who wears a brown shirt everyday.

He's of Mexican decent.

Haha! Chorizo blanco is pretty good as far as creative insults go.

Quote Reply
Post deleted by Iron cross [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
He's seen me in the locker room. It's not an insult.

So your strap on is actually a piece of sausage? That's kind of weird, man...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't know little smokies were made of chorizo. Huh! Who knew?!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Used to work for USPS. Just put a note/sign up for a couple days. A lot of times there are house designs where people never use or see the front door and we got calls about where the item is and the sup has to look up where we scanned the box to (garage, front door, back porch) and its right at the front door bc people just pull right into the garage. Back porch is the only one that was annoying after carrying a box up to the front door already.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In direct violation of his companies policy my guy gives me my packages at work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still trying to figure out why my dog hates the UPS truck but FedEx truck doesn't bother him. Is my dog just a racist? He is solid white
Last edited by: SkipG: Apr 22, 17 9:09
Quote Reply