Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store
Quote | Reply
Early morning newspaper purchases lead me to witnessing some horrific breakfast purchases. Today was a leading contender. Super Big Gulp, 2 tall Monsters, 2 biscuits, bag of Swedish Fish and a pack of smokes. Ugh!
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [plant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Couple weeks ago I stopped for gas at a convenience store about 1/2 mile from a county (rural) high school. Constant stream of students coming out with multiple cans of Mountain Dew, Monster, etc. The adults' fare of coffee and ginormous donuts was pretty healthy in comparison.

And we wonder why healthcare is so expensive.
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [Hokiebird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly. My wife has to constantly remind me to tone down my "I'm disgusted" face when we are grocery shopping. 300lb "lady" on a motorized scooter with an oxygen tank draping those stupid little 6 packs of Mt. Dew over the sides of her front basket.

I understand that it's an addiction but I'm still disgusted by it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Instant pick lottery guy
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [Harry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harry wrote:
Instant pick lottery guy

Ugh, I remember I worked at a store that sold lottery tickets. Its bad when you start to memorize people's numbers. Because they pick them every other day.

I have seen people spend 100-200 on scratch offs or instant tickets a day, 7 days a week.
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My aunt and grandmother bought $26 a day worth of tickets every day of the week for years...
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Used to work in a convenience store aas well/ nothing more annoying than someone playing 100 dollars worht of numbers while customers are waiting in line to pay for gas etc.. It got to the point where we would drop the lottery player and make them wait rather than the customers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My workplace has a cafeteria, I'm always surprised at 8 am when I see people who will get bacon and eggs for breakfast, and then have a large piece of chocolate cake, too.
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
Used to work in a convenience store aas well/ nothing more annoying than someone playing 100 dollars worht of numbers while customers are waiting in line to pay for gas etc.. It got to the point where we would drop the lottery player and make them wait rather than the customers

I am somewhat fascinated at times listening to people order lottery tickets. The ones who play individual numbers and play them multiple ways, boxed - reversed - upside down or whatever the terms are. It seems like a 5 min process and while I assume with all the numbers plus scratch offs it's going to be ~ $100 , it comes out to maybe $20.

It's got to be a little brutal entering all that.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Post deleted by SS88 [ In reply to ]
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was until you got efficient at it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Send somebody to the Quik Pak store
We need some icing and extension cords
A can of bean dip and some Diet right
A box of tampons and some more Burl Ives
Hallelujah, everybody say cheese
Merry Christmas from the family

Send somebody to the Stop 'N Go
We need some celery and a can of fake snow
A bag of lemons and some Diet Sprite
A box of tampons and some Salem Lights

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Send somebody to the Quik Pak store
We need some icing and extension cords
A can of bean dip and some Diet RITE
A box of tampons and some more Burl Ives

Send somebody to the Stop 'N Go
We need some celery and a can of fake snow
A bag of lemons and some Diet Sprite
A box of tampons and some Salem Lights

Fixed that for you

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [captain-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
My workplace has a cafeteria, I'm always surprised at 8 am when I see people who will get bacon and eggs for breakfast, and then have a large piece of chocolate cake, too.

huh

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

huh

I know right? Cake first, always.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:

THANK YOU!!!
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
plant wrote:
Early morning newspaper purchases lead me to witnessing some horrific breakfast purchases. Today was a leading contender. Super Big Gulp, 2 tall Monsters, 2 biscuits, bag of Swedish Fish and a pack of smokes. Ugh!

Probably "needs" free healthcare.

FIFY
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

huh

I know right? Cake first, always.

Chocolate cake for breakfast is the best. No point in adding eggs and bacon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd like to see someone do a "Super Size Me" type of experiment where they can only eat and drink items that are on or behind the counter at the gas station.
Slim Jim, 5 hour energy, snickers and a pack of camel lights a day. Chased down with some synthetic weed and a male enhancement supplement.
Think you'd die after about 10 days?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whoa... hey hey hey.

I learned last week that we can no longer discuss people who are "not like us" on this forum. That kinda talk is off limits according to the LR's own PC police.

Better be careful...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last time I saw this, they paid for it with government assistance funds, AKA- food stamps. I loved watching my tax dollars at work. (Except for the smokes- they laid down a 50 for that)

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [timboricki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timboricki wrote:
I'd like to see someone do a "Super Size Me" type of experiment where they can only eat and drink items that are on or behind the counter at the gas station.
Slim Jim, 5 hour energy, snickers and a pack of camel lights a day. Chased down with some synthetic weed and a male enhancement supplement.
Think you'd die after about 10 days?

A few years ago there was a scientist of some stripe who did a twinkies diet. I think he ate a pack for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Measured the common markers of metabolic health before and after and guess what?

Most of them improved. Probably because he loss weight over the course of the diet.
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
Chocolate cake for breakfast is the best.

Say what you will about the creepy rapist, this was some funny shit

Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My dad had "Bill Cosby - Himself" on vinyl when I was a kid. We used to laugh our asses off.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: breakfasts of the denizens of the convenience store [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That clip might be from "Himself" in fact

Quote Reply

Prev Next