Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Ironman Texas Pro List
Quote | Reply
Andrew Starykowics makes his return after suffering a horrific bike crash this past summer. That's a quick recovery? Predictions?

http://www.trirating.com/ironman-texas-2017-april-22nd-seedings/
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Pro List [xcchampion11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Starky will be the first in T2.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems kind of aggressive, but I haven't been following his recovery very closely. That being said, I'll be pulling for him (& Rappstar, too)!!!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No guarantees he's here. Pro meeting at one today. I'll post back to let you know for sure.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Pro List [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
most def pulling for him. but that's a quick turn around on that kind of injury. nothing negative towards it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"My Prediction? Pain." -- Clubber Lang
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Pro List [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's here...

Quote | Reply
Joe Skipper has said he wants to ride under 4 hours...

Internet User
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Pro List [Dark Mark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...and try and run under that too.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Pro List [CgyTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
*begins slow clap *
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Pro List [CgyTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He did a 4:10 and a 3:04 in 2015 didn't he ... ?

WD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Pro List [WD Pro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are your guys thoughts about Matt Hanson chances
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Super curious how Matt Russell goes. I'm surprised he put so much pressure on himself saying he was shooting for sub 8.. or was that marketing? Either way good luck to everyone towing that line!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This seems like one of the most exciting events in ages, no clear rockstars so it really is anyones game out of about 5 or 6. Bike course seems ultra fast as well and having a month earlier should make it cooler (not sure of the texas weather).
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Pro List [Simo429] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very hot here today but forecast for race is much cooler, if it sticks
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Pro List [Simo429] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Predict Stephen Kilshaw to hit the podium - he'll come out of the water behind, but should work his way forward during the bike and run - already has two 3rds at IMs - two recent 4ths at 70.3 tip good form.

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Pro List [Scotttriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
training plan calls for a 70 mile ride tomorrow morning. considering doing it on the trainer just to see the pro race unfold live. Ironman is doing live coverage of it correct?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xcchampion11 wrote:
training plan calls for a 70 mile ride tomorrow morning. considering doing it on the trainer just to see the pro race unfold live. Ironman is doing live coverage of it correct?

Per The Triathlon Preview Show, at the pro panel they said only live coverage will be static cameras in the transition areas. Kind of lame.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Pro List [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:

I think he is going to fizzle. Only because the last 23 months have been in the wrong direction and until he turns it around it is reasonable to expect that it will continue. I really hope he does turn it around, though. He is possibly the most talented athlete in the field, though, so predicting him to win is not unreasonable...
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Pro List [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:

I like Matt Hanson's chances. This is a unusual Ironman Texas pro field in my opinion with the winner likely to come from second swim pack. Hanson will be there, he will ride with the group and run to victory. Last year he pushed too hard against a virtually unknown. Matt Russell has gotten scary good on the bike and he could get away from any group that forms with the help of skipper and win the race. Skipper also has IMO a chance but he is likely to help Russell win if anything

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Pro List [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didnt he close out last year with a few wins and podiums at 70.3 races?

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Pro List [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Only because the last 23 months have been in the wrong direction

Oh really?

2015 was a good year until of course the DNF in Kona with a bike crash. Tough break.

2016 had two 4th place finishes at the IM distance and five top 10 finishes at the 70.3 distance (1st, 2nd 3rd and two 8ths). Yes there was an epic meltdown at IMTX last year but many of those top 2016 results came after that. They all can't be great.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Pro List [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
Quote:
Only because the last 23 months have been in the wrong direction

Oh really?

2015 was a good year until of course the DNF in Kona with a bike crash. Tough break.

2016 had two 4th place finishes at the IM distance and five top 10 finishes at the 70.3 distance (1st, 2nd 3rd and two 8ths). Yes there was an epic meltdown at IMTX last year but many of those top 2016 results came after that. They all can't be great.

Yes, really. His results - as evidenced by the above - over the last 23 months have not been indicative of top 10 in the world talent. Which is what I think he is capable of. You can choose to think of that as a slight, but I think it is the opposite.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Pro List [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
Yes there was an epic meltdown at IMTX last year but many of those top 2016 results came after that. They all can't be great.

I will add, though, that the epic meltdown was because unbeknownst to anyone at the time matt was trying to run down the soon to be Kona run course record holder. Had Lange not been there, perhaps Matt would have ran a 2:40, won the race, and gone on to a top 10 at Kona. Heck, maybe I've just convinced myself he is going to win after all...
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Pro List [Dark Mark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the pro meeting, Andrew specifically asked the officials where they would prefer him to walk when he felt like walking.
I just keep gaining more and more respect for the guy. He's out here to give it a go and doesn't let his ego get in the way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next