Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
WORST beer you've ever had?
Quote | Reply
People like to say "the best beer is the one you're drinking" but I've had several that were downright undrinkable. I'm not looking for the regular hate on beers like Natty Light, Steel Reserve, OE, etc. I want to hear about beers you might have been excited to try but were unable to finish.

I'll start this off with Rogue's Voodoo Donut Bacon Maple. This smells like the worst well whiskey I've ever had, and tastes like a candied ashtray. Yuck. Actually, every beer I've tried from this series has been ... underwhelming.

What ya got?
Last edited by: tazunemono: Apr 19, 17 7:36
Quote Reply
Re: WORST beer you've ever had? [tazunemono] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Couldn't even make it through one bottle of the sixpack I bought. The other five got relegated to "Hey, you should try this.." status in my fridge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Budweiser. I'm not above a macrobrew or lawnmower beer now and then, but budweiser is the worst tasting beer in the world. Period.

That Rogue one you mentioned isn't great. To be honest, most of the Rogue line up doesn't do anything for me. Portland has far better offerings.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any IPA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ever try their Dead Guy Ale ? It's tasty. That being said what you copied here looks like it would be terrible.

I might get some hate for this but I've never been able to finish a Heineken or Molson. Maybe the hype was just too much from when I couldn't afford them as a poor college kid. I just never got them.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didnt mind the Rogue Voodoo Donut.

This is by far the worst beer I've ever had....

Quote Reply
Re: WORST beer you've ever had? [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Ever try their Dead Guy Ale ? It's tasty. That being said what you copied here looks like it would be terrible.

I might get some hate for this but I've never been able to finish a Heineken or Molson. Maybe the hype was just too much from when I couldn't afford them as a poor college kid. I just never got them.

I've never understood the appeal of Heineken. It's certainly not the worst beer I've ever had, but it's also certainly not something I seek out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well anything with crazy high hops is off my list. But of mainstream beers I find Corona to be wholly undrinkable.

I have never liked it and a blind taste test confirmed it. I tried 5 beers and they wanted my opinion of them. One was gawdawful; I later found out it was Corona. I wasn't shocked.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: WORST beer you've ever had? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Couldn't even make it through one bottle of the sixpack I bought. The other five got relegated to "Hey, you should try this.." status in my fridge

I got talked into a 12 back of their Big Eye IPA. Got relegated to the same roll. Couldn't give it away.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: WORST beer you've ever had? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I disagree. The Portland brewery scene needs a lobotomy. From all my travels to Portland I remember one decent heff and the rest of it was pure over-hopped shit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any gose.
Quote Reply
Re: WORST beer you've ever had? [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
owen. wrote:
I disagree. The Portland brewery scene needs a lobotomy. From all my travels to Portland I remember one decent heff and the rest of it was pure over-hopped shit.

Yeah, I was being kind. It is very overly hopped down there. However, at almost every brewery I went to I could find at least one beer I liked. But most of it was very over done.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Molson 50 ale. That stuff is vile.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Besides hating on most IPAs like the rest of you, I'll add...

anything pumpkin flavored and...

Freedom just around the corner for you. But with the truth so far off, what good will it do?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guy I know made a Christmas beer with pine needles. Think pinesol but not as pleasant tasting
Quote Reply
Re: WORST beer you've ever had? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Guy I know made a Christmas beer with pine needles. Think pinesol but not as pleasant tasting

Yards (Philadelphia brewery) makes a Spruce Ale using an old Ben Franklin recipe, using spruce tips. It's actually pretty decent and even at 5% manages to knock me on my arse after a couple.

http://www.yardsbrewing.com/...chards-tavern-spruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have only had 2 that I couldn't finish, one was a sour, and while I'm not a huge fan of sour beers I have had a number that varied from palatable to pretty good, this one was like drinking fizzy apple cider vinegar. The other was a jalapeno ale, again not a fan of spicy beer but can finish most if I have decided to drink them but this on the jalapeno flavour wasn't mellow it was like eating a raw jalapeno.

I'll see if I can find the names in Untapped and post them later.

Jalapeno was from Scuttlebutt and was the Jalapeno Tripel 7. Can't find the Sour, something from Europe.

Ben
Last edited by: abies: Apr 19, 17 8:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shock Top Belgian White (with hints of orange)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Budweiser.

Worst alcohol I've ever had is Jack Daniels Honey. Truly horrific. I had trouble giving the bottle away,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Coors Light.

It's essentially carbonated water with a little coloring to make it kind of look like beer.
Last edited by: Sanuk: Apr 19, 17 8:19
Quote Reply
Re: WORST beer you've ever had? [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
Any gose.

This.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: WORST beer you've ever had? [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
Any gose.

Any Shandy/Radler

The few I've tried ["How bad could it be?"] ended up on the lawn, so I don't even bother anymore

• One full can of regular [NOT diet] cola
  • One full can/bottle of beer
  • 1/2 Cup of Liquid dishwashing soap (do NOT use anti-bacterial dishwashing liquid) or baby shampoo
  • 1/2 Cup of household ammonia [lemon-scented is nice]
  • 1/2 Cup of mouthwash

Spray on lawn [I use an Ortho sprayer set at 4 oz/gal]

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
when i was living in Belize Belikin beer was the local brew, it was so bad i turned to Rum as my exclusive drink. fortunately a bottle of local rum was about $5.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guys I know who assure me that they are 'solid' home brewers yet their oxidized beer is also full of diacetyl and acetaldehyde.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Re: WORST beer you've ever had? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:

Couldn't even make it through one bottle of the sixpack I bought. The other five got relegated to "Hey, you should try this.." status in my fridge.
Never tried that one, only the regular, pineapple, and grapefruit. Sounds awful.
Quote Reply

Prev Next