Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? April 17 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

I'll stand in for tigerchik this week -- who I hope is too busy having a great time in Salt Lake City to start our weekly thread :D

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 17 Edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hooray for me!!! I went to the annual Slowtwitch Womens Training Camp last week and got closer to re-qualifying for Boston! And then on to Kona...

Before I left, I had one minute where I could hold my BQ pace; at the end of camp on Sunday, I ran 3 mile repeats at BQ pace...only 23 more to go ;-)

the womens should come join us next year so I have ladies to train with and drink Monty's margaritas with on Saturday!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello! I hope everyone had a good week of training, that tigerchik is enjoying Salt Lake, that SLO is having the most relaxing post-tax day time, and that Sally convinces us all to go to Womens Camp someday :D

Last week was a lovely recovery after my 70.3. I felt great but still took it really easy during the week -- lots of rest and yoga plus a little rock climbing and one session each of totally unscheduled and easy swimming, biking, and running. It was nice to not have to wake up as Get It Done O'Clock and even nicer to enjoy my evenings. My weekend bricks went well -- the waves were HUGE in the ocean on Saturday morning so I got tossed around for a while and then rode hill repeats before heading out for a quick overnight camping trip in the desert with some friends. We planned to do our bike/run brick in the desert on Sunday morning but instead we hiked and avoided festival traffic and stopped to see the amazing poppy bloom. After a long day in the sun and the car, I got on my trainer late Sunday night and then ran 8 hilly miles in the dark. Totally worth it.

This week it's back to business, my strength training is shifting from 3X/week to 2X/week leading up to my A Race but I'll keep with my daily p/rehab. The weekends will be swim/bike brick and a bike/run brick from here on out for a total of two swims, three bikes, two runs, and a yoga class. When I started triathlon last year, I really deprioritized my running to work on my bike and swim. But now I need to get moving again so either this week or next week I'm going to add a third run on a day I'd usually lift (fear not! overall mileage is still cautiously/crazily low).

I hope everyone has a wonderful week of training.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi! I am having a good time in SLC :-) I met my goals last week of 5 swims and 6 runs. One was a half marathon in Salt Lake - very small race that was alongside a duathlon. I took 2nd in 1:47:28 and got a $75 cheque and an Easter basket! On Sunday we went rock climbing and hiking in the City of Rocks in Idaho.

Goals for this week are 2 swims, 6 runs, 1 bike. :-) and have loads of fun with family!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 17 Edition [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Before I left, I had one minute where I could hold my BQ pace; at the end of camp on Sunday, I ran 3 mile repeats at BQ pace

that's awesome!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
After a long day in the sun and the car, I got on my trainer late Sunday night and then ran 8 hilly miles in the dark. Totally worth it.

I am always super impressed by evening training... particularly after travel. Way to go!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 17 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks tigerchik, I'm decidedly a morning person but I (just barely) managed to keep my miles faster than an astronaut. Glad you're having a great trip and yay climbing!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hooray for good weeks!

Last week was not a good one here - but onward and upward.

Back to tracking calories and I'm where I was before things fell apart last week, so I'm happy about that.

Aiming for 5 runs this week - so far they've been treadmill runs (too much snow and my dog has a hurty foot - I feel guilty going without her).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 17 Edition [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome work SSP! I always think about going but it seems so scary to completely immerse myself with people I don't know. And you all seem kind of fast - winning things and podium-ing and BQ-ing.

TC - congrats!

Anna - great work on the riding.

edbikebabe - sorry to hear about the pooch!

Last week was kind of terrible workout wise - only two rides and a couple of strength sessions. We got a huge dump of snow over Easter weekend so I just cancelled most of my plans and hunkered down at home.

This week I've been in San Diego so have been having too much fun to think about working out but I'm hoping to get back to some kind of routine when I get back. I don't want to be the person who whines about the weather, but it's nearly the end of April and the snow is getting me down.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 17 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm whining with you - the snow needs to get gone!

San Diego sounds great. It's been less than two months since our holiday and I'm ready to go again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
Awesome work SSP! I always think about going but it seems so scary to completely immerse myself with people I don't know. And you all seem kind of fast - winning things and podium-ing and BQ-ing.

Nothing could be further from the truth-I only beat women who are still on their couches ;-)

Please join us next year; if you're on this forum, you will fit in-guaranteed! All sizes and speeds are welcome!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Re: How was your week? April 17 Edition [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We're going on a ride camp in Mallorca in November - you could come to that!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 17 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
my dog has a hurty foot
awww, poor thing. It sucks when pets are in pain.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:

Lol. I am not sure what you are reading about camp, but I go every year and am not fast, winning things, podiuming, or BQ-ing any time soon!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 17 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
Quote:
my dog has a hurty foot
awww, poor thing. It sucks when pets are in pain.

Yeah - it was a long week. I let her run offleash last night for a few minutes. She doesn't seem to be limping today and she was VERY happy and tired when we got home.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 17 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
glad to hear!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't check in very often, but just wanted to say 'chapeau!' to all you ladies killing it with your training. I've been ramping up slower this year, so I don't flame out in mid-July (mostly mentally) like the past couple of seasons. I've got my first open 5k race next Sunday, which I'm really looking forward to... I'm doing it as a fundraising effort. Yes, people think it's a little weird that I've done a 1/2 marathon but not a 5k (without swimming and biking first). I'm keen to see how fast I can go. This week involved a lot of getting up before sunrise for a dance competition my girls were doing. 2 kids, 8 dances... I missed a couple of planned runs, but was totally worth it. Managed my 'long' run yesterday, which felt great.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 17 Edition [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a solid plan. Come back and tell us how the 5km goes!!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 17 Edition [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Yes, people think it's a little weird that I've done a 1/2 marathon but not a 5k (without swimming and biking first). I'm keen to see how fast I can go.

I think that's part of the fun of a standalone 5k ! It is a painful distance! Let us know how it goes.

Quote Reply