Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Secondhand Dimond [getbarreled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

getbarreled wrote:
getbarreled wrote:
I tried to tastefully share a little bit about myself to hopefully let him know that I fiercely promote the brands I believe in and was already totally sold out on Dimond. ..... It's probably annoying as hell having everybody and their mother telling you that they're the next coolest thing and they're going to sell so many bikes for you. And at the end of the day there's no way for him to really know whether or not I would help to drive sales for their brand. I know that I would, because that's just how I roll,

Solid. Gold.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Last edited by: JayPeeWhy: Apr 8, 17 21:26
Quote Reply
Re: Secondhand Dimond [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
They actually send an itemized list of everything on the bike when you order it.

Literally it will say:

Frame $XXXX
Fork $XXXX
Paint $XXX
Aerobars $XXX
Crankset $XXX
RD $XXX
FD $XXX
Cassette $XX
etc.

Although I'm sure fork isn't listed separately any longer since it's already included with the Brilliant or Marquise.

Is this sort of like, "You have to pass the bill to see what's in it?"

You have to buy the Dimond to see how much replacement parts cost.
Quote Reply
Re: Secondhand Dimond [JayPeeWhy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can keep talking shit JayPee. Really it just shows that you're desperate to try and come up with a way to make me look bad cause you are in the Dimond club and get off on being an elitist prick about it. Kinda like that horse shit post a minute ago that you deleted cause it didn't make sense or any cohesive point.

Salton Sea Triathlon Club
“I swim to get to the bike. I run because nobody gives a shit about aquabike.â€
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
getbarreled wrote:
Also, my club is in an extremely affluent area where people blow money on bikes at an insane level. It would have behooved them to get this bike out on the road and looking sharp.

Then start a go fund me and get your affluent friends/acquaintances to fork over the $600.

I'm annoyed that the basis of this thread is the customer support experience (which has/will be debated) with Dimond is based on the baseline error by the part of OP/Pros closet in knowing what was being bought/sold. Did I miss a post as to why Pro Closet was selling or the OP knew he was buying an unusable bike?

2024: IM Hamburg
Quote Reply
Re: Secondhand Dimond [xcrogers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xcrogers wrote:
getbarreled wrote:
Also, my club is in an extremely affluent area where people blow money on bikes at an insane level. It would have behooved them to get this bike out on the road and looking sharp.

Then start a go fund me and get your affluent friends/acquaintances to fork over the $600.

I'm annoyed that the basis of this thread is the customer support experience (which has/will be debated) with Dimond is based on the baseline error by the part of OP/Pros closet in knowing what was being bought/sold. Did I miss a post as to why Pro Closet was selling or the OP knew he was buying an unusable bike?
Possibly you missed the part where Pros Closet was unaware of the problem and when I made them aware of it they were extremely helpful and offered to return the bike with shipping cost covered but told me to take my time and see if I could work something out with Dimond?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Or maybe you missed the part where I said that I had already purchased parts from Dimond before I found out about the issue with the fork, so naturally I was inclined to try to figure out a solution other than turn around and send it all back in scrap the whole thing?

The onus is not on Dimond to make that bike right and I've never once implied that was the case. As a poster mentioned earlier, in the state of California where I live (though granted, Dimond does not), it is the legal responsibility of the seller to honor their quoted price. They didn't, and in my opinion took a bad approach about it so that's the issue I have brought up here. I thought that was pretty clear but I guess not.

Last edited by: getbarreled: Apr 8, 17 22:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok then. So to summarize my understanding..

Various items purchased from Dimond to bike build (i.e. misc closure pieces...)
Bike bought from pro closet
Bad tube discovered
Pro closet gives opportunity for new fork from Dimond before returning.
Fork miss priced (as now seems evident) but you're angry at the correction/explanation.
Rant ensues.

Got it?

2024: IM Hamburg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fork miss priced (as now seems evident) but you're angry at the correction/explanation/general piss off attitude about said mistake.
Rant ensues.

That's about it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
getbarreled wrote:
Or maybe you missed the part where I said that I had already purchased parts from Dimond before I found out about the issue with the fork, so naturally I was inclined to try to figure out a solution other than turn around and send it all back in scrap the whole thing?

The onus is not on Dimond to make that bike right and I've never once implied that was the case. As a poster mentioned earlier, in the state of California where I live (though granted, Dimond does not), it is the legal responsibility of the seller to honor their quoted price. They didn't, and in my opinion took a bad approach about it so that's the issue I have brought up here. I thought that was pretty clear but I guess not.

Just of curiosity of the legal system. But you yourself just use the word "Diamond Club". Wouldn't that be very similar to #f in the previous posters response?

(f) Pricing may be subject to a condition of sale, such as membership in a retailer-sponsored club, the purchase of a minimum quantity, or the purchase of multiples of the same item, provided that the condition is conspicuously posted in the same location as the price.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Last edited by: Thomas Gerlach: Apr 9, 17 5:41
Quote Reply
Re: Secondhand Dimond [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"provided that the condition is conspicuously posted in the same location as the price."

While I don't think this above criteria was met in any way, I use "Dimond club" euphemistically for the guys being rude, in order to back up their extreme and unobjective loyalty.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't own a dimond. I don't plan to get one. But ffs the guy mis-spoke. The published advertised price is $1200. The published upgrade price for original owners is $600. Clear as day. Because a guy misspeaks over the phone does not put him on the hook for $600 and it does not entitle you to a $600 discount. Get over yourself. Buy the fork or return the bike or rig something up with that tri rig stem. But stop throwing a tantrum.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Secondhand Dimond [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This really is a world class case of butthurt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't you worry Ed. It's already on it's way back. No tantrum being thrown. I shared my story of what I believe was poor customer service. The hoards descended upon it from all sides. Some think I'm way off, some think I'm in the right. It's guys like you that keep coming in and trying to be snide and throw fuel on the flame, making this thread grow like it has.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
The published advertised price is $1200. The published upgrade price for original owners is $600. Clear as day.

Where is this published anywhere? So far no one has produced this published pricing you speak of.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
getbarreled wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
The published advertised price is $1200. The published upgrade price for original owners is $600. Clear as day.

Where is this published anywhere? So far no one has produced this published pricing you speak of.

A link to this was posted on the first page and referenced at least 4 times in this thread:

http://www.tririg.com/...d_Unveils_Super_Fork

Do you even read your own thread?

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
getbarreled wrote:
You can keep talking shit JayPee. Really it just shows that you're desperate to try and come up with a way to make me look bad cause you are in the Dimond club and get off on being an elitist prick about it. Kinda like that horse shit post a minute ago that you deleted cause it didn't make sense or any cohesive point.

Actually, I deleted it because you were making yourself look bad without my help and I am sure people were already seeing the many contradictions to your story so didn't think it needed pointing out (as indicated by the post above). And by Elitist prick do you mean I phone up bike companies and tastefully let them know how great and influential I am to force them into giving a discount on bike parts otherwise I'll kill their sales?

Last edited by: JayPeeWhy: Apr 9, 17 6:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
getbarreled wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

A link to this was posted on the first page and referenced at least 4 times in this thread:

Just re read it. You're full of crap. That link is nowhere in this thread. And a year and a half old independent review/press release on tri rig is hardly an up to date price sheet. I assume you think it's inappropriate for Garmin to sell the 920 at a discount since you probably paid full pop?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whatever you want to tell yourself JayPee.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JayPeeWhy wrote:
getbarreled wrote:

Actually, I deleted it because you were making yourself look bad without my help and I am sure people were already seeing the many contradictions to your story so didn't think it needed pointing out (as indicated by the post above). And by Elitist prick do you mean I phone up bike companies and tastefully let them know how great and influential I am to force them into giving a discount on bike parts otherwise I'll kill their sales?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
getbarreled wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
getbarreled wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

Just re read it. You're full of crap. That link is nowhere in this thread.

You know I mentioned that you were making yourself look bad without my help .....

Last edited by: JayPeeWhy: Apr 9, 17 6:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
getbarreled wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
getbarreled wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

Just re read it. You're full of crap. That link is nowhere in this thread. And a year and a half old independent review/press release on tri rig is hardly an up to date price sheet. I assume you think it's inappropriate for Garmin to sell the 920 at a discount since you probably paid full pop?

The link is in post 17. Look for the capitalized words "THIS ONE" that are colored blue as if it might be a hyperlink. Before calling someone full of shit, you should be a little more careful. Also before calling yourself tasteful.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Apr 9, 17 6:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JayPeeWhy wrote:
getbarreled wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
getbarreled wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

Just re read it. You're full of crap. That link is nowhere in this thread.

You know I mentioned that you were making yourself look bad without my help .....

give me the comment #

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
getbarreled wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
getbarreled wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

The link is in post 17. Look for the capitalized words "THIS ONE" that are colored blue as if it might be a hyperlink. Before calling someone full of shit, you should be a little more careful. Also before calling yourself tasteful.

".. Before calling someone full of shit, you should be a little more careful .."

Which let's face it is the moral of this entire thread.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
getbarreled wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
getbarreled wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

Totally missed that. My bad.
Doesn't change the viciousness of the responses that I think were pretty unwarranted. Or the fact that this it's not anywhere in the realm of up to date published pricing.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This shit is exhausting and I'm way done. If you are dying for the last word, knock yourself out JayPee. I hope we meet at a race someday and randomly hit it off and never figure out that the other guy was. It could happen. I'll be on the Ventum ;)
In the mean time, im done with this thread. I'm gonna go play with my kids.

Quote Reply

Prev Next