Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Garmin FR935 release [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out Garmin fitness' Instagram story...

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The suspense is high...

stevej wrote:
Check out Garmin fitness' Instagram story...
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [SwizBeats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whether it's tomorrow, next week, or the week after.... can we all agree not to start another thread on this watch whenever it's released?

There are enough threads on this already. We don't need another one.

(Paging BryanD)

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's an advert for it on about page 4 of the May Edition of Triathlete..................
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Whether it's tomorrow, next week, or the week after.... can we all agree not to start another thread on this watch whenever it's released?

+1

This really annoys me because invariably it carves the discussion up into loads of different places and all because someone wants everyone to pay attention to their wonderful insights on whatever the topic is.

The number of separate discussions on the Brownlees after ITU Cozumel was just ludicrous; if I was Slowman I would start handing out bans to anyone who creates a new thread unnecessarily.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is anything here necessary?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
awenborn wrote:
stevej wrote:

+1

This really annoys me because invariably it carves the discussion up into loads of different places and all because someone wants everyone to pay attention to their wonderful insights on whatever the topic is.

The number of separate discussions on the Brownlees after ITU Cozumel was just ludicrous; if I was Slowman I would start handing out bans to anyone who creates a new thread unnecessarily.

The problem is every dipshit on here thinks they got the scoop or the first to read something... which is rarely ever the case. A simple search usually does the trick.

For example, Ed Whitlock died last week and there was a thread about it soon after the news hit. Didn't stop some other dummy from starting another thread five days after the news broke. Five fucking days later. Of course it had already been talked about here. A simple search of Whitlock would have revealed that.

So yes, this thread should be the be all and end all Garmin 935 thread but it won't be. In fact, someone already started another thread a couple days after this one.

Whenever I read something tri newsworthy and think about posting on ST I always do a search. Sometimes it's contingent on how well a previous most may have been crafted as to how well it shows up on a search. For example, if the OP just stated "New tri watch" with a link then a search of Garmin 935 would reveal nothing. This thread has Garmin 935 in the title so there should be no excuses in that regard.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:

There are enough threads on this already. We don't need another one.

(Paging BryanD)

Perhaps one more thread? I find it thrilling having multiple threads on the same topic. If I find no new information in one thread, I can excitingly jump into one of the others in the vain hope they have updates! The fact they never do is a moot point.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It could be argued that the thread title is misleading. There's no official GARMIN naming of the 920XT replacement. It might not even be 935XT. Perhaps to avoid confusion the title should read GARMIN 920XT replacement .

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Start a new thread with this title.

PhilipShambrook wrote:
It could be argued that the thread title is misleading. There's no official GARMIN naming of the 920XT replacement. It might not even be 935XT. Perhaps to avoid confusion the title should read GARMIN 920XT replacement .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PhilipShambrook wrote:

Besides the T.O. ad above which says 935???

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN is about to kick someone's ass...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you believe everything you read? LOL! I'll wait until I see the official Garmin release information. I don't think that's going to be too many months away, especially as you folk down under in the Northern Hemisphere are coming into Summer.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Last edited by: PhilipShambrook: Mar 23, 17 14:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it's on Slowtwitch it is TRUE! Always! Just like the time they said your seat was too high! :)

PhilipShambrook wrote:
Do you believe everything you read? LOL!
Last edited by: SwizBeats: Mar 23, 17 14:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So Garmin releases an ad in Triathlete magazine with the name of the product and you don't believe it?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin FR935 release [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a post that is supposed to be of an ad in Triathlete Magazine that purports to be of a Garmin 935, but nothing officially from Garmin anywhere else? Do you really believe it?

Yes I am a little sceptical.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Last edited by: PhilipShambrook: Mar 23, 17 21:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PhilipShambrook wrote:
There's a post that is supposed to be of an ad in Triathlete Magazine that purports to be of a Garmin 935, but nothing officially from Garmin anywhere else? Do you believe it?

Yes I am a little sceptical.

Quoted because this is just too much

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really too much?

Nothing comes up after a search on Triathlete Magazine's website. Nothing official from Garmin anywhere else in the world as far as I can see. No other ads have been reported in any other magazine, either here or in the Garmin forums. Nothing on Garmin's Facebook page. Nothing on Garmin's website. All we've seen are sketchy photos of quickly deleted web information that may or may not be real and some possible conversations supposedly with Garmin staffers.

Surely, if Garmin had posted an advert, DCRainmaker would be publishing his review? After all, he's bound to have had/got one to play with pre-release. And surely, Garmin would have posted more ads in better mainstream publications than a triathlon magazine.

I think I'm entitled to a healthy dose of scepticism.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Last edited by: PhilipShambrook: Mar 23, 17 23:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's called release schedules and information restriction. When you are meant to know, you will. D.C. Rainmakers reviews normally come out the day a product launches. Garmin's Instagram showed the 935 recently.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
When you are meant to know, you will.

Exactly. When WE are meant to know WE will.

And until then it's all guessing and speculation. There is nothing there, that I can find and please feel free to prove me wrong, that is persistent and other than rumour or speculation. Nothing factual. Nothing actual.

I can't find any official Garmin Instagram picture. Please post it. The picture that comes up following a search on Instagram is NOT an official Garmin one as far as I can tell - https://www.instagram.com/..._3/?tagged=garmin935 Of course I could be wrong.

Fuck! I can't believe I'm wasting so much time! I'm done. You stick to your imagination. I'll wait until something more factual and tangible appears.

Ta ta!

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Last edited by: PhilipShambrook: Mar 24, 17 2:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go pay $5 for the Triathlete mag and see the ad for yourself. It's on my copy here in North America. The image posted above is as concrete as it gets.

Garmin 935xt will be out shortly. I bet we can expect an official announcement and DCR post within a week.
Last edited by: TriowaCPA: Mar 24, 17 2:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PhilipShambrook wrote:

I think I'm entitled to a healthy dose of scepticism.

Not when it comes with a healthy dose of stupid.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DCR did a FB live session today in which he was asked about the 935. He gave a lengthy and careful answer about the importance of embargoes. He basically suggested that the Triathlete ad appeared sooner than Garmin likely expected it would appear. But no denial that the 935 is coming. Next week or two seems likely.

FWIW, he also said that the Fenix 5 would be his long course tri watch of choice. Not clear whether he was saying that even knowing that the 935 is coming or whether he simply meant that the Fenix 5 is his choice *now* but that could change as soon as the 935 is formally announced.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree and I am the one that started the new thread. I had done a search on "Garmin 935" and no threads with this as the subject came up (and this is still the only thread). I did see it mentioned within other threads but not as a standalone subject...I didn't think to search 930 though. Oh well.
Quote Reply

Prev Next