Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

70.3 Puerto Rico
Quote | Reply
Anyone hear 2018 race date?

Also, I'd like to hear from those that ravced yesterday...
- How's the course profile for Bike & Run? Flat, hills, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Puerto Rico [Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mac wrote:
Anyone hear 2018 race date?

Also, I'd like to hear from those that ravced yesterday...
- How's the course profile for Bike & Run? Flat, hills, etc.

No idea on race date, but I did the race yesterday. Bike is flat, windy, and super fast. I rode a 2:21, which is amazing for me. But I think that was only 89th overall, so tons of people rode fast. There were so many people on the course, a lot of the speed must come from the slingshot affect, because the road surface was not great and there was substantial wind for most of the race.

The heat is the real thing about Puerto Rico. I started noticing it mid-way on the bike, and then it is a real nuisance on the run as you are more or less exposed the whole way. The run has two real hills per lap, so four good sized hills in total. It is a hard run course for sure.

My only complaint at all about the race is that the aid stations were overwhelmed on the second loop of my run, when basically the entire race except the very pointy end is on the course together. I'm tentatively planning to go again next year, I liked it. The logistics of everything being near the race hotel are super easy, which is a big selling point to me.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply