Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Anyone have this $48 UglyFrog generic triathlon sleeved trisuit???
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have this $48 UglyFrog generic triathlon sleeved trisuit??? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are the KING of finding deals like this! The suits look good and the price is right if they fit well and last. But I have nothing else to give besides that.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have this $48 UglyFrog generic triathlon sleeved trisuit??? [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Checking out all the options of items they have on amazon, it all looks like knock-off chinese versions of assos and castelli stuff, based on the color patterns and graphics. the item descriptions are pretty sketchy (weird characters and phrasing, probably a result of translating?).

That being said, if someone chimes in here and says they've bought this stuff and it doesnt fall apart after 1 ride, i'll probably pick up at least a cycling jersey, maybe the suit as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have this $48 UglyFrog generic triathlon sleeved trisuit??? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a long sleeve version that I raced CX in. The pad in mine is a standard cycling pad. Construction is average, but it's survived a few races at least.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, but I wear this BluFrog TriSuit every triathlon!!! I do have a couple less expensive Trisuits by Santic, that I train in, that are holding up pretty good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Features:
1.The high quality silicone antiskid design of feet mouth avoids moving up and down during exercise and is bad for riding; "

I am in on anything that offers an antiskid design of feet mouth. That is really bad for riding. At least the type of riding I do...

"It never gets easier, you just go faster."
-Greg LeMond

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have this $48 UglyFrog generic triathlon sleeved trisuit??? [gluestick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gluestick wrote:
"Features:
1.The high quality silicone antiskid design of feet mouth avoids moving up and down during exercise and is bad for riding; "

I am in on anything that offers an antiskid design of feet mouth. That is really bad for riding. At least the type of riding I do...

Well, sometimes there's a fair amount of feet-in-mouth happening around here. Makes it hard to reach the pedals, so definitely bad for riding!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have this $48 UglyFrog generic triathlon sleeved trisuit??? [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pad design looks interesting.. heart-shaped?

For guys who are all berry but no twig. Or maybe all bean but no Frank.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Price is comparable to what you'd find on aliexpress.
I have several cycling kits from there. They are all the same quality and materials, despite different sellers. This is nice because sizing is very consistent. The lone exception: the skin suit I ordered was very baggy in the arms for me, even though I have fleece winter jackets in the same size fit perfect. After several washes, the jerseys stretch out a bit from race cut to relaxed, so I'd expect the same with this, and really most any suit eventually.
While I've never got tri stuff from Ali, if it has the same pad, it will be WAY too thick for tri. Expect 3-6 weeks to arrive from Ali. (Amazon says mid April-mid May if you order today.)

I'd expect better purchase protection from Amazon vs. Ali, but if you go straight to the source, I'd recommend loading up a pre-paid CC to pay.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have this $48 UglyFrog generic triathlon sleeved trisuit??? [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
Price is comparable to what you'd find on aliexpress.
I have several cycling kits from there. They are all the same quality and materials, despite different sellers. This is nice because sizing is very consistent. The lone exception: the skin suit I ordered was very baggy in the arms for me, even though I have fleece winter jackets in the same size fit perfect. After several washes, the jerseys stretch out a bit from race cut to relaxed, so I'd expect the same with this, and really most any suit eventually.
While I've never got tri stuff from Ali, if it has the same pad, it will be WAY too thick for tri. Expect 3-6 weeks to arrive from Ali. (Amazon says mid April-mid May if you order today.)

I'd expect better purchase protection from Amazon vs. Ali, but if you go straight to the source, I'd recommend loading up a pre-paid CC to pay.

I have ordered a lot of stuff on AliExpress over the years and familiar with the process, lead times, etc. That is the only thing that gave me pause on this one as I am not sure how much longer I will be in Florida. It say 7-10 days. So I assume that means till when it would ship?

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I noticed them last week wandering around Amazon. I am in need of a new tri suit and considering I am only doing a handful of races this year I will give it a try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah:
Quote:
7-10 days production

Note: Not eligible for Amazon Prime.
Estimated Delivery: April 17 - May 11 if you choose Standard Shipping at checkout.
Ships from and sold by HAN XIAO.

Also, there is no other option besides standard shipping.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have this $48 UglyFrog generic triathlon sleeved trisuit??? [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
Yeah:
Quote:

7-10 days production

Note: Not eligible for Amazon Prime.
Estimated Delivery: April 17 - May 11 if you choose Standard Shipping at checkout.
Ships from and sold by HAN XIAO.

Also, there is no other option besides standard shipping.

Thanks for the reminder, yes I just selected the drop down button but never selected it to see full details. Based on the other thread and my timeline I might just go with the following SLS one instead as they are instock. I definitely want to take a few of these cheap suits to the tunnel and see what I can find.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool find.
The SLS - faster shipping, better page (instills a little more confidence), several good reviews, at least the chamois looks like it is runnable and some reviews mention running in it without complaints
Uglyfrog - half the price, lots of color combos

I may bite on an uglyfrog. So far, I have been pretty much blown away by the quality/price of all my stuff from Ali. It'd be nice to have a good cheap suit as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered the UglyFrog full sleeve skin suit. I'll update with quality/ship time/fit when I get it. I sent the seller an email around 9 this morning to ask a question and he responded with an hour.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
Cool find.
The SLS - faster shipping, better page (instills a little more confidence), several good reviews, at least the chamois looks like it is runnable and some reviews mention running in it without complaints

I may bite on an uglyfrog. So far, I have been pretty much blown away by the quality/price of all my stuff from Ali. It'd be nice to have a good cheap suit as well.

The colors was what I was attracted to along with price obviously. I want to go back to a *baby blue* suit.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
I want to go back to a *baby blue* suit.

Go Heels!!!!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
dfroelich wrote:
Cool find.

The colors was what I was attracted to along with price obviously. I want to go back to a *baby blue* suit.

If your are looking for baby blue without going custom here is an option. They have ambitions to do more in the Tri world so maybe you could work out a deal on price. https://www.cuore.ch/...-tri-suit-10263.html

Last edited by: mdgreene: Mar 20, 17 16:31
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have this $48 UglyFrog generic triathlon sleeved trisuit??? [mdgreene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdgreen wrote:
If your are looking for baby blue without going custom here is an option. They have ambitions to do more in the Tri world so maybe you could work out a deal on price. https://www.cuore.ch/...-tri-suit-10263.html

Thanks, I actually tested out one of their pieces at the wind tunnel and I liked it, but only tried it because that was the only option they had at the wind tunnel. I did like the suit, but frankly, I am more of a churn and burn with suits. I do believe these suits all stretch and wear out and could potentially lose some aeroness. At this point in the game, I would rather just have a cheap disposable suit that I can use for 2-3 races and then replace with a new one.

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have this $48 UglyFrog generic triathlon sleeved trisuit??? [s.gentz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you ever get this suit in? Prices on them seem to have hit the floor.

Love to hear your thoughts
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have this $48 UglyFrog generic triathlon sleeved trisuit??? [Kmonie360] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys,

Any thoughts on this product?

https://swimbikerunworld.com/products/menstrisuit

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have this $48 UglyFrog generic triathlon sleeved trisuit??? [Kmonie360] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I received it. The size chart had me at a large so I ordered a medium and it was to big. The sleeves seem bulky. You would have to have pretty big arms so not to have wrinkles. The material was kind of like champ sys stuff. The pad seemed decent but the whole suite smelled like a chimical factory. I asked to return it and the vendor agreed but I would have had to ship it back to china so I gave it to a friend who is bigger than me. No input from him yet. That stuff is always hard to gauge size on. Better off just spending a few more bucks to buy in the US. At least if you need to return or exchange it's not a two month process. Just my 2cents.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have this $48 UglyFrog generic triathlon sleeved trisuit??? [Walter Mitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have one of their suits. Not bad. I paid the same price but I don't think it has any pockets. I can't tell from the pictures, but that one may be different.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have this $48 UglyFrog generic triathlon sleeved trisuit??? [forshy0516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
forshy0516 wrote:
I noticed them last week wandering around Amazon. I am in need of a new tri suit and considering I am only doing a handful of races this year I will give it a try.

Did you actually ever end up buying one. If so any further comments on it?

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have this $48 UglyFrog generic triathlon sleeved trisuit??? [s.gentz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s.gentz wrote:
I ordered the UglyFrog full sleeve skin suit. I'll update with quality/ship time/fit when I get it. I sent the seller an email around 9 this morning to ask a question and he responded with an hour.

Any update on the quality? Is it staying reasonably snug after a few washes? Any other comments that you might have about it?

Quote Reply

Prev Next