Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Southern Living
Quote | Reply
Friend of mine from Florida called me yesterday and said he and his wife were on the Southern Living site and thought a house looked a lot like ours. Had no clue what he was talking about so I searched last night to see for myself. Sho nuff it was our house. Pretty cool to see people digging the house we just had built.

http://houseplans.southernliving.com/plans/SL1936
Quote Reply
Re: Southern Living [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have a pink roof?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure your master bath is bigger than our bedroom.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice house, but I can't imagine not having a basement, but then most houses in the south don't.
Quote Reply
Re: Southern Living [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No color is called colonial red. Many of the older historic homes in the surrounding area here in SC have a colonial red metal roof.
Quote Reply
Re: Southern Living [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Nice house, but I can't imagine not having a basement, but then most houses in the south don't.
thanks, the area where we live is called the lowcountry. On the coast surrounded by water. Basements are almost nonexistent in this area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SkipG wrote:
No color is called colonial red. Many of the older historic homes in the surrounding area here in SC have a colonial red metal roof.

You can call it whatever you want, but it's still pink
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SkipG wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
thanks, the area where we live is called the lowcountry. On the coast surrounded by water. Basements are almost nonexistent in this area.

I live in the upstate and have a basement. Cost me an additional $5000 over the regular foundation price when I built my house. Best money I ever spent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty house. I especially like the pink roof. It is special. :)

Seriously, I like that style of house. Pretty lot too.
Quote Reply
Re: Southern Living [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:

chicks dig the pink. We have some massive trees surrounding the house, love the look but they are a lot of work. Got pretty worried when the last hurricane hit this area last year, we had a mandatory evacuation for 3 days. Was expecting to come home and see a tree or two laying top of the house. Lucked out with just a few limbs and a bunch of Spanish moss covering the yard.
Last edited by: SkipG: Mar 19, 17 16:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How does one's house, pics and all, end up in southern living magazine and you not know about it?

Quote Reply
Re: Southern Living [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:

I agree though it reminds me a lot of a restaurant that would serve Southern foods or baked goods.

Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:
How does one's house, pics and all, end up in southern living magazine and you not know about it?

Our architect and builder both have had houses featured in Southern Living magazine in the past. The architect has a photographer come out and take pictures of all of the homes once complete if the owner agrees. I guess he sent the photos to SL...Not sure.
Last edited by: SkipG: Mar 19, 17 18:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't get it. Did a for-profit magazine/ website feature your house, complete with a floor plan for would-be murderers, without your knowledge or permission?

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Southern Living [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We agreed for them to use photos of the house, thought it would end up on his website to showcase his work. Never thought it would be on SL, Pinterest and Houzz.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you get a cut if he sells any plans based on all of these other websites? I presume you paid for a *custom* house design...
Quote Reply
Re: Southern Living [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, This is a semi custom plan. We spent some time looking at his existing floor plans and found one close to what we needed and that would fit on the lot between all the trees. Exterior dimensions stayed the same, we just had him rework the interior space and the look of the exterior. Saved us about $15-$20k by doing this instead of going full custom. Easy choice to make.
Last edited by: SkipG: Mar 19, 17 18:39
Quote Reply