Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Hey JSA- you finish SOA yet? *spoilers likely,but not in 1st post*
Quote | Reply
I didn't care for the end.

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Re: Hey JSA- you finish SOA yet? *spoilers likely,but not in 1st post* [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got to Season 6 Episode 1. Stopped being interesting, like most tv series when the ideas have all been exhausted.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey JSA- you finish SOA yet? *spoilers likely,but not in 1st post* [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not happy at all. I thought Season 7, overall, was a little weak. It seemed like they used violence to compensate for lazy writing. I certain don't mind violence, but, not when it compromises the quality of the show.

Did not like the ending at all.

Spoilers below. Stop here if you do not want to see them.

SPOILER:

I don't understand why SAMCRO "had to" hold a mayhem vote. Why? Why did they "have to" vote in favor of mayhem? Sure, Jax wrongly accused the other Pres, but, he shot him in self defense.

I don't believe Jax would shoot Gemma either. Stunned he shot Unser.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Hey JSA- you finish SOA yet? *spoilers likely,but not in 1st post* [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seemed like the whole last season was phoned in.

I'm aquainted with Mark Boone and he mentioned that the cast had become fairly attached to each other and ending the show was emotionally difficult for everyone. Maybe that effected their performance.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Hey JSA- you finish SOA yet? *spoilers likely,but not in 1st post* [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am easily entertained, but, I thought the acting was fine. I thought the writing was REALLY sloppy. Instead of just playing out the series, it seemed like they started planning based on having to fill X hours. The whole Irish thing was hard to follow as well.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Hey JSA- you finish SOA yet? *spoilers likely,but not in 1st post* [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A lot of it didn't make any sense. That new cop chick's entire character was totally lame and unbelievable.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what is SOA?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey JSA- you finish SOA yet? *spoilers likely,but not in 1st post* [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LorenzoP wrote:
what is SOA?

Sons of Anarchy.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahhh, that's one I haven't seen. Are the first few seasons good?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey JSA- you finish SOA yet? *spoilers likely,but not in 1st post* [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LorenzoP wrote:
Ahhh, that's one I haven't seen. Are the first few seasons good?

IMO, overall, one the best series I have ever watched. I did not watch them "live." I watched Seasons 1-6 "free" on Netflix. I had to pay $20 or so for Season 7 on Amazon Prime streaming, but, it should be out on Netflix in the somewhat near future.

When the show came out, it had zero appeal to me. Never even interested me until people started talking about it during the final season (Season 7). So, I jumped in a loved it.

As you can see from the earlier posts, Season 7 is a little disappointing (but still quite entertaining) until the end. Not a fan of the ending. I think a lot of people are upset about the ending.

For reference, my favorite shows (not in any order) are: Justified, The Shield, The Wire, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead. Not that SOA is like any of those, but, it gives you an idea of the types of series I like.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
of those I did not see Justified, Shield, Wire ( or SOA) - - but WD and BB show good taste. I would add Sopranos and Oz to that list - - though it's been a decade since I've watched Oz
Quote Reply
Re: Hey JSA- you finish SOA yet? *spoilers likely,but not in 1st post* [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
A lot of it didn't make any sense. That new cop chick's entire character was totally lame and unbelievable.

My thoughts exactly. What was the point of her? Her and Chibs getting down was utterly ridiculous.

As for the end- I was more aggravated by how the 2 little boys were handled (possibly because my boys are 2 and 5). Let's see, Abel is already fucked ho because he knows his mother was killed because everyone his dad associates with is a scumbag. Now, he's going to live with knowing his dad killed himself, and his caretakers are a couple of junkies, one of whom is a gangbanger who was doing some gangland killing just the other day!?!? Great choice, dumbfuck.

I liked the show when it was a bunch of bad dudes who had some funny moments. At the end, they were just a bunch of scumbags with no redeeming value at all.

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a good description of how it went down at the end.

The entire series was 7 seasons, but, it covered 5-6 years (so it seemed). All I kept thinking was -- how did you guys manage for the 25 years or so from the time Jax was born until the series started, without issue, then everything went to shit in a 5 year span?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
That's a good description of how it went down at the end.

The entire series was 7 seasons, but, it covered 5-6 years (so it seemed). All I kept thinking was -- how did you guys manage for the 25 years or so from the time Jax was born until the series started, without issue, then everything went to shit in a 5 year span?

The stability of Clay perhaps? A one dimensional psycho versus the much more tormented Jax. I think Bobby said it best at one point reminiscing about how in the past their worst problem was which Mayan to kill.

I dont think season 7 deserves half of the criticism it gets... an incredibly manipulative grandmother kills her psycho son's wife, what do you think is going to happen? Singing kumbyeah around the camp fire? No, she's going to manipulate him to go after someone else no matter what the repercussions.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey JSA- you finish SOA yet? *spoilers likely,but not in 1st post* [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That could be (the stability of Clay). The shit seems to start when Jax finds his father's manuscript. But, it just seems like outside sources get ramped up like crazy in a short period of time.

My knock on Season 7 was that I did not think the writing was as good as prior seasons. I hated the finale.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha, my initial thought was service oriented architecture... Sons of Anarchy is actually pretty apt. I may have to use it as a definition at one of my next architecture meetings ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
That could be (the stability of Clay). The shit seems to start when Jax finds his father's manuscript. But, it just seems like outside sources get ramped up like crazy in a short period of time.

My knock on Season 7 was that I did not think the writing was as good as prior seasons. I hated the finale.

I said this in the other SOA thread:

This season is Kurt Sutter getting way too cute with his thoughts and writing. It's as if he watched Game of Thrones and decided to one up that show by offing as many major characters as possible. Problem is that he has about half the talent, wit, and creativity as G.R.R. Martin and the showrunners at GoT.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not reading through the entire thread because I might push through the series, but...

Seven episodes in, and the writing and acting borders on atrocious. Cartoonishly bad.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Hey JSA- you finish SOA yet? *spoilers likely,but not in 1st post* [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super. As for me, not a Harley guy (BMW) but i managed to endure the show with all its faults.
Not everything is Rome & Deadwood. Happy to get the good stuff and just roll thru the rest. You will have to judge whether it's worth your time to invest in or not? For me it was.

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Hey JSA- you finish SOA yet? *spoilers likely,but not in 1st post* [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If that's your opinion only 7 episodes in, then I'd not bother. It gets truly clownschool in later seasons.

I bailed somewhere around the time they went to Ireland. I couldn't take it anymore.

Quote Reply
Re: Hey JSA- you finish SOA yet? *spoilers likely,but not in 1st post* [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just finished this show last week. Started a couple of years back and just kept losing interest. How many times can they keep riding through town shooting shit up and never get caught. The chase scenes were ridiculous.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey JSA- you finish SOA yet? *spoilers likely,but not in 1st post* [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I lost interest around then too. The show just became a soap opera of hard men acting like complete babies.

I thought the first few seasons were incredible.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't watch the final seasons of Dexter or Prison Break. The last season of SOA is Pulitzer material, compared to those 2.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Hey JSA- you finish SOA yet? *spoilers likely,but not in 1st post* [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkipG wrote:
I just finished this show last week. Started a couple of years back and just kept losing interest. How many times can they keep riding through town shooting shit up and never get caught. The chase scenes were ridiculous.

The entire law enforcement aspect of the show is Dukes of Hazzard level ridiculous. And it's like, half of the material so far.

When people talk about this in conversations about great television, it just reminds me how superior Breaking Bad was in every conceivable way.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Hey JSA- you finish SOA yet? *spoilers likely,but not in 1st post* [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
Don't watch the final seasons of Dexter or Prison Break. The last season of SOA is Pulitzer material, compared to those 2.

*Cough* LOST *cough*

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply

Prev Next