Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
March Madness Bracket
Quote | Reply
I figured it would be fun to have a March Madness bracket for the tourney coming up.

If anyone is interested in joining, here's the link. The password to join is "slowtwitch".
Last edited by: IHOP: Mar 10, 17 5:31
Quote Reply
Re: March Madness Bracket [IHOP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mopdick is giving 25-1 odds, or so I hear.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice, I'll have to get on that as soon as the bracket is released.

High five, Sir.
Quote Reply
Re: March Madness Bracket [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
Nice, I'll have to get on that as soon as the bracket is released.

High five, Sir.

I'll miss the POTUS coverage and take on CBB.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in

And even better.....SYRACUSE IS NOT!
Quote Reply
Re: March Madness Bracket [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
I'm in

And even better.....SYRACUSE IS NOT!

Living in the Syracuse "market" this is the outrage of the day. I'm honestly surprised by the amount of butthurt over their exclusion. As I've told several fans, if you took Syracuse's record and stuck it beneath any other name in the NCAA, there would be zero case for letting them in.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: March Madness Bracket [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly, Illinois State deserved a bit much more then cuse.

Best part is Beheim's comments on the ACC being played in Greensboro rather than a big city and guess who they play first in the NIT, Greensboro.
Last edited by: AndysStrongAle: Mar 13, 17 7:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:

Best part is Beheim's comments on the ACC being played in Greensboro rather than a big city and guess who they play first in the NIT, Greensboro.

I have no dog in this fight, but, really? Cuse is in the best conference this year and -

Beat Miami 70-55
Beat #6 FSU 82-72
Beat #9 UVa 66-62
Beat #10 Duke 78-75

Illinois State played 1 ranked team (Wichita State) and lost. In the MVC, you had Wichita State at 30-4, then Illinois State at 27-6. The 3rd place team, Southern Illinois, is 17-16!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Last edited by: JSA: Mar 13, 17 7:29
Quote Reply
Re: March Madness Bracket [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
AndysStrongAle wrote:

I have no dog in this fight, but, really? Cuse is in the best conference this year and -

Beat Miami 70-55
Beat #6 FSU 82-72
Beat #9 UVa 66-62
Beat #10 Duke 78-75

Illinois State played 1 ranked team (Wichita State) and lost. In the MVC, you had Wichita State at 30-4, then Illinois State at 27-6. The 3rd place team, Southern Illinois, is 17-16!

Illinois State actually went 1-1 with Wichita.

Good wins yes, but they went 18-14 and lost a lot of games they should not have lost.

Look at their losses:

St. Johns 93-60 OUCH!
BC 96-81
UConn 52-50
Miami 62-57 (split Miami)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I won't get into the tangled web of judging entries. All I'll say is that Syracuse's inability to secure critical wins (especially away) is why they'll be watching from home.

Up-ending top ten opponents helps you when pleading your case to the judge, but getting necessary wins against teams like St. John's, Boston College, and Miami keeps you out of court in the first place.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
JSA wrote:
AndysStrongAle wrote:

Beat Miami 70-55
Beat #6 FSU 82-72
Beat #9 UVa 66-62
Beat #10 Duke 78-75

Illinois State actually went 1-1 with Wichita.

Good wins yes, but they went 18-14 and lost a lot of games they should not have lost.

Look at their losses:

St. Johns 93-60 OUCH!
BC 96-81
UConn 52-50
Miami 62-57 (split Miami)

Understood. I don't have a lot of heartburn with Syracuse not getting in (I really don't care about Syracuse at all), but I completely disagree with you assessment of Syracuse vs. IL State.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: March Madness Bracket [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:
I won't get into the tangled web of judging entries. All I'll say is that Syracuse's inability to secure critical wins (especially away) is why they'll be watching from home.

Up-ending top ten opponents helps you when pleading your case to the judge, but getting necessary wins against teams like St. John's, Boston College, and Miami keeps you out of court in the first place.

Ok. But, I was talking about Syracuse vs. IL State, not Syracuse vs the world.

Honestly, I don't care about Syracuse. They got in last year and had no business getting in. The only thing I am butt-hurt about is WI getting an 8 seed while Minnesota gets a 5 seed. There is no rational explanation for this.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

Honestly, I don't care about Syracuse. They got in last year and had no business getting in. The only thing I am butt-hurt about is WI getting an 8 seed while Minnesota gets a 5 seed. There is no rational explanation for this.

Agree with you on that one for sure.

I also just have a hatred for Syracuse and how non major conferences get shafted because of strength of schedule argument. Its a well known game the major conferences play to keep some non-major good teams out.
Last edited by: AndysStrongAle: Mar 13, 17 8:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
burnman wrote:

Minnesota will be gone in round 1. MTU are the real deal, the Gophers are not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How is this on page 2 right now?!?

I just entered a bracket. I have four brackets and a 16-team points thing going this year, and combined I've spent about ten minutes watching and researching college basketball...so yeah, I know my stuff.

Tip-off at 12:15 and the first little run of games look good: #12 Princeton vs #5 ND; #12 UNC Wilm vs #5 UVA; #13 Winthrop vs #4 Butler. I could see at least one upset from that group (but then I remember: I've spent less than ten minutes on college basketball this year, I know nothing). Can't wait!
Quote Reply
Re: March Madness Bracket [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:
JSA wrote:
burnman wrote:

Minnesota will be gone in round 1. MTU are the real deal, the Gophers are not.

Hey, quit ripping on my Gophers!

...I have them losing in the first round too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So how'd everyone do after the first round of games yesterday? I missed out on Vanderbilt (that poor kid) and Maryland.

Trav

Quote | Reply
travisml wrote:
So how'd everyone do after the first round of games yesterday? I missed out on Vanderbilt (that poor kid) and Maryland.

Trav
Not good! This was the last of my brackets so I went a little wacky, and since yesterday was pretty ho-hum (only upsets were Middle Tenn and Xavier and those looked like they were very popular upset picks anyway) my bracket got shelled. Vermont was the biggie, I had them going two rounds. Good start on your bracket!

I have two 14/16 on my ESPN brackets without any sweet 16 misses yet. Those will surely get nailed today, it wouldn't be March Madness without all my brackets being shit by Saturday.
Quote Reply
Re: March Madness Bracket [travisml] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not busted, the picks I missed on are slated to lose in the 2nd round anyway.

I swung big on my overall winner, I have SMU to win it all, so things could go downhill for me quickly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IHOP wrote:
I'm not busted, the picks I missed on are slated to lose in the 2nd round anyway.

I swung big on my overall winner, I have SMU to win it all, so things could go downhill for me quickly.

Damn son; I thought I was going out on a limb with picking Louisville for the champ spot.

Quote | Reply
Actually I must have double clicked on Lousiville by accident for this bracket. I have them facing off against SMU in the finals. All my other brackets have SMU as the champ.
Quote Reply
Re: March Madness Bracket [travisml] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
travisml wrote:
IHOP wrote:

Damn son; I thought I was going out on a limb with picking Louisville for the champ spot.

My girlfriend picked Louisville, too. What's worse is that she filled out her brackets after the games started & still didn't pick MTSU !!!!!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We are all still in it with anywhere from 184-192 projected points.
Quote Reply

Prev Next