Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Anyone else having trouble with Amazon Prime deliveries?
Quote | Reply
I, basically, do not go to the store anymore. Amazon offers damn near everything and, with Prime, it is delivered fast and free. Been very happy with them for about the last year.

Recently, however, they have been late and committed errors. I had 3 errors this week alone. Wifie ordered a sheet set for the guest room bed. It arrived late and, when it arrived, only 1 of the 3 pieces was sent. I ordered sights that were guaranteed for delivery on Tue. Never showed up. Had to contact them today and they said it must be lost and are sending a new order. Ordered 3 sets of hand wraps with guaranteed 2-day delivery. They arrived a day late and, in the box was - 2 blue wraps in a sealed pack, 2 black wraps in a sealed pack, and 1 red wrap by itself without any packaging. So, someone put those wraps in the box, had to have seen there was an issue, and said "fuck it" and sent it anyway.

Am I just having a bad run or is anyone else seeing this?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having trouble with Amazon Prime deliveries? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had a few instances of Prime shipments being late (by 1 day) but I haven't had any orders that have been wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having trouble with Amazon Prime deliveries? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's you.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having trouble with Amazon Prime deliveries? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the problem is, the new Kenosha facility is too close to the boarder and the incompetence that is Illinois is creeping in.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having trouble with Amazon Prime deliveries? [bm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bm wrote:
I've had a few instances of Prime shipments being late (by 1 day) but I haven't had any orders that have been wrong.

Prior to the 1st of the year, I don't recall any issues, including late delivery. But, the last 2 months have been ridiculous.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have started ordering more stuff just for that reason. Every time it is late, they will give a free month of Prime, or a discount on the next order.

The best one was last summer, an item appeared to be lost according to the tracking. It did say it was going to show up in two days, but no one knew where it was. I phoned to ask about it, they completed refunded my money (about $900), and told me that to use that money to order a new item if the first one never showed up. It showed up, so I got it completely free.

Not even including that one, with the discounts and the free months, I am sure we are getting Prime for free by now.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Starting from scratch...
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having trouble with Amazon Prime deliveries? [skinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. Each time they extended Prime for a month. I'm up to 6 months of free Prime. But, I hate the hassle of having to dick around with Amazon to get the issue corrected.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have ordered a ton and never have any issues. last week i got an extra book in my order, turns out i was my fault, i clicked 2.

ive sold many thousands of orders through amazon (they handle the storage and shipments) and only had a few complaints that were easily resolved.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I hate the hassle of having to dick around with Amazon to get the issue corrected.

Yeah, man. So much hassle.

How do you survive?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having trouble with Amazon Prime deliveries? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, it pretty much defeats the point of using Amazon ...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

Do you have to go anywhere, leave the house, to "dick around with Amazon"?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having trouble with Amazon Prime deliveries? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
JSA wrote:

I deal with other people's problems all day, every day. Last thing I want to do is have to fix Amazon's fuck-ups.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
I think the problem is, the new Kenosha facility is too close to the boarder and the incompetence that is Illinois is creeping in.

Yes the incompetence is obviously on the Illinois side of the BORDER.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:
I hate the hassle of having to dick around with Amazon to get the issue corrected.

Yeah, man. So much hassle.

How do you survive?

It cuts into his Panera time
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Duffy wrote:
JSA wrote:

I deal with other people's problems all day, every day. Last thing I want to do is have to fix Amazon's fuck-ups.

Sounds like the problem is with you. You need to look in the mirror, my friend.

These problems are just self fulfilling prophecies caused by your own insecurities and past issues you haven't fully dealt with yet.

The answers lie within.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just ordered you a big bag of dicks with guaranteed 2-day delivery.

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having trouble with Amazon Prime deliveries? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Auto-correct.

How's my poo water tasting tonight?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
I just ordered you a big bag of dicks with guaranteed 2-day delivery.

A big bag of dicks or a bag of big dicks?

And 2 days? Cheapskate!

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I occasionally get orders a day late. I've never mentioned it to Amazon. I live on a sort of out of the way island; before prime was available, anything coming here, especially from the US, took a couple weeks. The fact that I can do my Christmas shopping on prime on the 20th and be ready with time to spare still blows me away.

I can live with 3 days. If it's something I need more urgently then that, I'll probably just pick it up locally.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having trouble with Amazon Prime deliveries? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm really more curious than anything else. About 6-8 months ago, Amazon opened a massive distribution center in Kenosha, WI, which is just over 30 minutes from my house. Shortly thereafter, many of my Prime deliveries were arriving in 1 day, instead of 2. This continued for months. The issues with late deliveries and errors started around the first of the year. I'm wondering what changed.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
I'm wondering what changed.

There's a new distribution center manager and he don't like cheeseheads...

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having trouble with Amazon Prime deliveries? [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I've had 3 deliveries past the expected date that prime offers. I have not had issues with mistakes though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think they are swamped over there head. Last week my wife bought something and they gave her a five dollar discount to have it shipped 2-3 day instead of next day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
I, basically, do not go to the store anymore. Amazon offers damn near everything and, with Prime, it is delivered fast and free. Been very happy with them for about the last year.

Recently, however, they have been late and committed errors. I had 3 errors this week alone. Wifie ordered a sheet set for the guest room bed. It arrived late and, when it arrived, only 1 of the 3 pieces was sent. I ordered sights that were guaranteed for delivery on Tue. Never showed up. Had to contact them today and they said it must be lost and are sending a new order. Ordered 3 sets of hand wraps with guaranteed 2-day delivery. They arrived a day late and, in the box was - 2 blue wraps in a sealed pack, 2 black wraps in a sealed pack, and 1 red wrap by itself without any packaging. So, someone put those wraps in the box, had to have seen there was an issue, and said "fuck it" and sent it anyway.

Am I just having a bad run or is anyone else seeing this?

I can't say I've had issues about the packaging/items, but I definitely have had 50% or more of my packages miss their guaranteed delivery date. If I were you I would complain every time. They will by default usually offer you a free month extension of your prime. In some cases, by exception, they may get approval to give you an amazon credit based on the value of the package. The amazon credit can only be used on items bought and sold from amazon (as opposed to something like clever training selling product on amazon). I've had about 8 extra months added to my prime membership and over $60 amazon credit given to me because I've had so many packages late.

From what I gathered from my last conversation with one of their service reps is that this has impacted certain markets (though I'm not sure how widespread). The issue is brought up in their contact center weekly huddles, so I imagine that this is being discussed elsewhere to resolve the distribution issue. Until they either start getting packages on time or no longer tell me my packages are "guaranteed by" then I'll continue to complain when they miss the mark.
Quote Reply

Prev Next