Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Does nobody care about The Walking Dead any more?
Quote | Reply
New episode, a couple of mysteries, no comments.

1) Who was in the car with Gabriel, and why?
2) Who is the new group whose ambush dumb-ass Rick walks into?
3) Why is Rick smiling at the end?
4) Why did all those Kingdom kids lose their limbs?
5) Will we see the everyone vs. the Saviors showdown this season?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Does nobody care about The Walking Dead any more? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fuck 'em. They make us wait too long and don't deliver enough. They are turning into Lost.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never did. Never will.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If nothing else, there were moments ("Rhetorical!!") that were comedic gold.

What, the show isn't supposed to be funny?

Quote | Reply
Nobles wrote:
If nothing else, there were moments ("Rhetorical!!") that were comedic gold.

What, the show isn't supposed to be funny?

“Try to talk to Ezekiel. Or stare him into submission — whatever it takes”

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Black Sails is the new must watch show. Last night was superb.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I stopped watching either last season or the one before. Figure I'll catch up on Netflix when it is over. It started to feel like the Xfiles to me, never going anywhere but always promising to. And I started to find Rick incredibly annoying at some point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like it, and one of the few things I can discuss with you. Are these people the whisperers? Maybe? If so, there appears to be a significant drift from the comics. They help defeat Negan and then turn on Alexandria? We haven't really seen a huge treacherous event to the heros yet. I mean, Justin or whoever the congresswoman's son was did, but he wasn't really significant as far as the show goes. Not likable, not credible.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wait until there are a few episodes out and binge watch. It's too frustrating waiting for an episode with no payoff. 3 at a time is usually satisfying enough to keep going.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
New episode, a couple of mysteries, no comments.

1) Who was in the car with Gabriel, and why?
2) Who is the new group whose ambush dumb-ass Rick walks into?
3) Why is Rick smiling at the end?
4) Why did all those Kingdom kids lose their limbs?
5) Will we see the everyone vs. the Saviors showdown this season?

I still watch but it's more out of a sens of obligation than anything else now.

1) I don't know. Who was the woman he was talking to before he split?
2) Was it the chick tribe from the first half of the season? I don't do the comics. Saw a reference to them upthread.
3) Weapons and fighter!!!!!!
4) Chopped after being bitten?
5) Gawd I hope so.........................
Quote Reply
Re: Does nobody care about The Walking Dead any more? [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't look like it was Oceanside to me - this is a new group. Why Gabriel knows about them, is another question. But at least we know why he took all the food.

My guess is that they're the underclass living in the forests & stuff to hide from Negan. I see this plotline playing out similarly to how Tyrion in GoT was able to talk his way out of certain death from the hill tribes by promising them mansions and gold and titles.
Quote Reply
Re: Does nobody care about The Walking Dead any more? [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There was a second person in the car with Gabriel. I suspect the man who was with him wrote boat.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watched quite a few bits and pieces on youtube and now and then on tv. Never get hooked.
But I would like to see what happened after they led a whole bunch of zombies in that open pit mine? Did they blow them up there?

Ad Muncher
Quote Reply
Re: Does nobody care about The Walking Dead any more? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I lost interest about a season ago. I also stopped reading the comics. I think everything was great (in both cases) up until they made it to Alexandria. Then it got a little old.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Does nobody care about The Walking Dead any more? [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The show still has a weird pull for me. I find every episode disappointing, and then I can't wait for the next one.

Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
I lost interest about a season ago. I also stopped reading the comics. I think everything was great (in both cases) up until they made it to Alexandria. Then it got a little old.

Yes that's when I lost interest. Rick was acting so stupidly it annoyed me.
Quote Reply
Re: Does nobody care about The Walking Dead any more? [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shouldn't all the zombies be rotten by now?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Does nobody care about The Walking Dead any more? [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I only binge watch on Netflix, so I'm a season behind. I'll pick it back up again in Sept when the current season drops on 'flix. It's my stupid-ass early morning trainer mind numbing TV. I still don't know who 'met Lucille' And seeing how this thread is treading towards spoilers I shall bow out gracefully

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still watch and I am OK with the current story line.

But I have this feeling of impending doom for losing interest if they follow the comic. I don't really need to watch a metaphor for modern Somalia where life is shit and as soon as you think it is getting better it becomes shit again. I haven't read the comics but have read the story line. I don't see a whole lot of growth in what is happening, just same shit different day is what it feels like. I'm hoping they can go past that.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Does nobody care about The Walking Dead any more? [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I've got a series of shows I'm going to finis before I reconsider TWD for the same purpose.

Just finished Spartacus, GoT, Vikings, The Pacific, and am now working on The Last Kingdom.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Does nobody care about The Walking Dead any more? [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
Yeah, I've got a series of shows I'm going to finis before I reconsider TWD for the same purpose.

Just finished Spartacus, GoT, Vikings, The Pacific, and am now working on The Last Kingdom.

I had high hopes for The Pacific, but was quite disappointed. I watched it right after Band of Brothers, which, to me, is was superb. So, about a year ago, I re-watched The Pacific, thinking I would approach it with a new perspective. Nope. Still did not like it much at all. Too much focus on personal, non-combat scenes.

Really enjoyed The Last Kingdom. But, really pissed it is taking so long for Season 2. I am going to have to go back and watch Season 1 again, if Season 2 ever comes out.

If you are looking for shows - I highly recommend Boardwalk Empire and Peaky Blinders. Although Peaky Blinders is really pissing me off as I wait for a new season.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Does nobody care about The Walking Dead any more? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

And exhausted a long time ago, I'm sure there are some zombie scenarios that make some biological sense but not this one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
Duffy wrote:

And exhausted a long time ago, I'm sure there are some zombie scenarios that make some biological sense but not this one.

In Letter Hacks #14 and #111 it's stated Zombies eat for impulse and posess no functioning digestive system, with what they've eaten being forced out once its full, unprocessed. It's not required for their sustained animation.
Robert Kirkman wrote on Reddit: ...In the beginning of the show we saw walkers do things like using a rock to help bash the doors in or turning a door knob, is there a reason we've stopped seeing them do that?
"Older zombies are less together and capable or doing things like that. Fresher zombies, which there were more of in season one, are able to do more than older, more rotted zombies.

The worse state of older zombies holds the key; when a human starves, the body will break down fat, then muscle, followed by vital organs. The slide in mental function seems to imply the parts of the brain stem re-animated are canibalized in the process.
Since zombies do not digest, this would be how they survive, and the slower decay that stops them being a bare skeleton in a matter of a few weeks,(#9 and #11) could easily be the virus' way of preserving and stretching its 'food' source.
They would end up running out and 'starving' (in a manner of speaking), but there is no indication of how long, other than that that a surviving human would most likely outlive it, through the years, and that a zombie's lifespan would differ depeding on the individual, (#7); which makes sense, given body fat ratio, muscle density, state of organs and tissue changes from person to person.
Zombies do die off of their own accord, albeight slowly, and it happens whether they eat or not.

Quote Reply
Re: Does nobody care about The Walking Dead any more? [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How was that superb? You never give up your ship...especially for no reason..I.e they are going to kill him anyway. They could have killed the governor and then his right hand man. And it all over. That was one of those so stupid moves that it is so unbelievable just to keep a conflict going when it should have been over.

Edit to add this was in response to black sails and not the walking dead.....
Last edited by: H2Owings: Feb 14, 17 8:48
Quote Reply

Prev Next