Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

need a waterproof ladies' watch
Quote | Reply
Hi ladies,

I'm looking for a basic digital watch. It would need to have a chronograph, record splits, record intervals, have a small size factor for a woman with small hands (hence the post on the women's forum), and...BE WATERPROOF.

For years, I've worn the Timex Ironman series, usually the Sleek women's version, and they've been perfect. Except...The last two I've owned have fogged up within one month and a few encounters with the pool and/or the shower. I wonder if the quality of the manufacturing is deteriorating. In any case, I need a truly waterproof (not water-resistant) watch, and my go-to has been failing me.

(Doesn't need to be a GPS watch or in any case, GPS is not a requirement).

Thank you!
Oleander
Quote Reply
Re: need a waterproof ladies' watch [Oleander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bummer - Ironman Timex was going to be my suggestion! I've had them since college, like 18 years and never had a problem. That sucks!! Hopefully you have sent them back.

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I too was going to suggest the Timex. I'm wearing one as I type...

That's a bummer that they aren't performing the same anymore. I love mine. :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anything from Garmin has proven to be bomb (and water)-proof for me over decades.

Go to http://www.garmin.com and see what appeals to you.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like you the Timex Ironman Sleek were perfect, but the last few years have all gotten water in them....I had to give up!!! I picked a Soleus watch and it too got water. Loved the Soleus display/features though :( Then I picked a Freestyle Shark Classic Mid. It hasn't leaked in a year and I wear it in the ocean/pool/shower/etc. I swim a lot! I get compliments on it. The colors you can pick are fun. The mid size reminds me of the sleek. The regular was too big, and I think they have a mini one that looked like a elementary school kid's watch on me. Downside is it doesn't have the intervals/splits and is alittle harder to read. I wear it most of the time, and switch to my garmin if I want spits/etc. The garmin just is too big for me for everyday wear and I don't want to risk it in the water just cuz of all my other watches breaking.

still looking for a perfect watch!
buffy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think casio has quite a wide range of basic watches that you can get pretty cheap on amazon?
Quote Reply
Re: need a waterproof ladies' watch [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
I too was going to suggest the Timex. I'm wearing one as I type...

That's a bummer that they aren't performing the same anymore. I love mine. :(

x4 -- love my Ironman Triathlon, am on my third over ten years, and find the straps tend to go before the watch does
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think COACH or Tissot will be best for ladies' watch. You can try any of them. I am a big fan of COACH brand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Fossil would be the best choice. Checkout in Boutiqueken
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using Casio G-Shock watches for 10 or more years. I've taken them scuba diving to over 100 feet with no problem. I don't wear a watch when I swim, so I don't know what it would do with daily abuse, but if they don't have a problem at 100 feet, they are decent.
The only Ironman watch he bought died the first time he put it in water. Others seem to have good luck with them though.
Last edited by: stream26: Feb 16, 17 10:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmm... Timex Ironman was going to be my suggestion too. Sorry you've had bad luck with yours -- mine's been very reliable, I've had it a couple of years now (mind you, I don't use it that much).
Quote Reply