Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Jan. 30 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 30 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
this week's goals: swim M, T, Th, Sa (M,T done) swam M, T, Th. Was too tired Saturday as got back around midnight on Fri.
run 6x (and no more than 6x) done!
bike would be a bonus no bike

M: 6.5 mi run (3 x 1 mi @ 7:13 pace) + 2400 yd swim
T: 9 mi run + 2500 yd swim
W: off
T: 7.6 mi run + 1275 yd swim
F: 5 mi run (.8 mi + 2 mi + .3 mi @ 7:13 pace)
S: 9.5 mi run
S: 8.2 mi run (fartlek)

I had a phone interview on Thurs. that went really well and an on-campus interview on Friday that I also think went really well. :-) this week I have an interview Wed. evening through the end of Friday.
I got to spend Wednesday with my parents, and was home this weekend and have today, tomorrow, and half of Wednesday at home. That is a treat!

goals for this week:
swim M, T, W, Th, F, S (today's done)
run less than or equal to 6 times
bike would be a bonus

I hope everyone has a good week.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started, tigerchik. I'm glad your interviews are going well -- my fingers are crossed for more good news!

<quote> This week, I knew I'd still be a little tired and knew I'd be traveling so I set the bar low: 3 runs, 3 lifts (2 of each done), 2 bikes (1 done), 2 swims (1 failed attempt), and try not to eat like crap at a BBQ/fried heavy week long conference. </quote>

I was almost able to meet all of my low expectations. I didn't get in a second swim (The YMCA pool near the conference was closed and my hotel's pool was a shallow lounge pool) and I'm not counting my 500M "polar plunge" as a swim. It was a very fun shivering splash. I lifted in my hotel's gym three times and ran twice in Texas (hill repeats, 8 miles) and then again with my training partner back home on Saturday. He's gotten so much faster than me that we very rarely run together anymore but we both had a low, slow 10 miler scheduled and it was glorious to get to chat and enjoy a morning with him. I missed that.
I also did two trainer workouts once I got home. I ate the best I could given the situation but having to eat all my meals as part of the conference made me feel like I was fueling my body with junk.

This week I have daily p/rehab, 3 strength sessions, three swims, three bikes, and two runs. I'd like to get in at least one yoga class as well.

I'm a little over a month away from my first race and I still haven't gotten back on my triathlon bike (though my doctor cleared me weeks ago). I should buck up and start getting comfortable.

I hope everyone has a great week.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Despite traveling all week for work, I was able to get my minimum 30 minute "run"/day in on treadmills. Also got two swims in over the weekend. Goal this week is to get back on track with my training plan. That includes 3 swims, 3 bikes and 7 runs. This week I'm going to start adding minutes to the 30 minute run, so that by the end of the week it will be 30/30/40/30/40/30/50.

Good luck with the interviews TC!

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, Ladies! Gah. Life is insane - it is tax season and I'm a CPA. But, I managed...

Swim - no go. The pool is an impossible 1.4 miles away from my office. You'd think... yeah, stop thinking.

Bike - YES! x2 TrainerRoad sessions. Albeit that one was 45 min instead of 60 min. But hey, 1:45 done. And I almost died.

Run - YES! 4/7 last week and I'm no longer top 50 in ST 100/100 challenge. But I put non-shiny shoes on and made sweat so WINNING.

Total training time last week 5:07. And, in other news, my Garmin is failing to sync to Strava, so of course none of this happened.

I'd post pictures this week, but they just seemed unworthy. Until I thought about my one happy run on Sunday and that it was SO GREEN! This is California, where we had forgotten the color green with the drought....

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Re: How was your week? Jan. 30 Edition [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Sport is my anti-depressant and I just want to be able to breath and jump around again.

I empathize. What about yoga? That's some movement, and there's the meditative aspect.
I hope you feel better soon!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Enjoy the time at home TC. Also glad to hear the interviews are going well.

I am tired this week - I met my goal of five rides/8h30m on the trainer for my most ever weekly cycling training hours and my highest TSS ever. This is a cutback week and boy do I need it. Last week, Dan was also away from M-Th. We rarely spend nights apart and this led to some pretty poor sleep during the week. When he got back he was on call so I had some pretty poor sleep at the weekend. There was an epic Saturday afternoon nap though :-)

This week: monthly meeting with kinesiologist (it was yesterday), 5 rides for 5h 30m. Stay on top of physio exercises. Don't overdo it, it's a cutback week after all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad the interviews are going well, and you are getting some time with the fam, tc.

Last week's plans:

- skate 3x - DONE
- swim 1x - FAIL
- dryland/cables/core/drills 1x - DONE
- run 1x - DONE
- ride 2x - WINNER WINNER with 250km over 3 rides, including 1 metric century,
- last day of work is THURSDAY - DONE :-)

This week:
- get into new work routine (my commute home last night was 8 minutes!!!)
- skate 3x
- run 2x
- ride 3x
- optional swim (ride before swim)
- celebrate K's 13th (!) b-day today. Holy cow. 13 already.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 30 Edition [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The whole time I've lived in SoCal we've been in a drought so I am amazed by the greenery! Thanks for sharing.

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 30 Edition [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 on yoga.

Wishing you and fast and full recovery, Anna S.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear you're under the weather, Anna - hope you feel better soon! I'm finally getting rid of the last of the goo that has infested my head since Christmas.

Last week's goals:
run x 4: win with 6
swim x 1: win
core/strength x 4: win

I even rode a damn bike, though it was on the trainer in my livingroom.

Legs were ok after Frosty Trail so I ran every day through Thursday morning (ugh - not a morning runner). Had my other two wisdom teeth out on Thursday evening, but couldn't resist a half-hour walk on my lunch break Friday when the sun finally showed up for the first time in 10+ days. Kept it down to an hour on paved paths on Saturday to let healing happen, but did a nice loop through Victoria Park as the light faded and the snow fell.

Is there anything more Canadian than a bunch of Canada geese with snow on their backs?

Sunday was brunch with friends in Guelph, so I got to do my first run on the Royal Recreation Trail in months. The sun came out again and the new-fallen snow from the day before made for a glorious winter day.

This week's goals:
run x 5
swim x 1
bike x 1
core/strength x 4

Last edited by: mistressk: Jan 31, 17 11:20
Quote Reply