Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cosmetic Surgery and Triathlon
Quote | Reply
I am considering getting cosmetic upper eye lid surgery. My doctor ia recommending lower facelift to get rid of my jowls and neck sag. Have any of you had any of these surgeries? I know for some women its super private but I want to know about recovery time and getting back to training. How long will recovery be in reality not what doctor says. I would think with eye surgery swimming would be hard to get back.
Last edited by: spintela: Dec 25, 16 17:13
Quote Reply
Re: Cosmetic Surgery and Triathlon [spintela] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know nothing about this, but wanted to offer some ideas for swimming - you might be okay to do some kicking (w/ board; keeping face above water). Additionally, maybe a snorkel mask and snorkel would be okay to swim with to start as that sits on your forehead and less around your eye sockets.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You might switch to a mask instead of goggles while the eyes are healing.

Not putting pressure on the sutures would be of prime importance. Good luck with that; my doctor said the same thing about my saggy, hooded eyes, but I chose to ignore it and got lash extensions to cover it up...for now...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Cosmetic Surgery and Triathlon [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Tigerchick you just have me a great idea. My husband has one of those mask with snorkel the Sharklens
Quote Reply
Re: Cosmetic Surgery and Triathlon [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do those lash extensions hold up in swimming? I am more inclined to get the eye surgery only. I have no problem with my wrinkles and neck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't notice them at all. My practice goggles have deeper eye cups than most to accommodate the lashes.

Since I wear contacts when I swim, leaking goggles is not an option đŸ˜‰

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i got them once and they're great, hold up to swimming, start drifting off eventually. The application takes a while but is oddly soothing.

am dead curious about the lid surgery, if my house weren't falling apart that's where the money would go :>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had the above done and I think I was our for about 6 weeks. At some point I could ride easy on the bike and did the mask rather than goggles when I swam. I think the biggest limiter was when could I go out in public....I had the surgery early-mid Dec and was back at my CT class early Jan. I don't regret having the surgery.
Quote Reply
Re: Cosmetic Surgery and Triathlon [Vienna VA tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks dor the reply. I went ahead and had my eyes done. Upper eyelids. Will be 3 weeks this following Tuesday. The bruising was minimal so was the swealing. I look ok now just the scsr has some scabs and still red. I bought sone big goggles but I am hesitant about swimming and getting an infection on the wounds. I think I will wait one more week. I am riding mu trainer at home super easy and have done a couple of run/walks. I am happy jow my eyes are looking now. Not that droppy tired look.
Quote Reply