Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where is the 100/100 run challenge?
Quote | Reply
Okay, where is it? I did not start soon enough, or run on my treadmill long enough last year, but this year, I have started out correct.
But, where is the run challenge thread for 2016/2017?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Where is the 100/100 run challenge? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
Hey Y'all,

The 100/100 Run Challenge starts on December 15th (you can jump in here).

2016-17 Grievances starts here

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6148928#p6148928

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Where is the 100/100 run challenge? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems weird to not start on Dec 1st like it seems to have in the past

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure it's always been the 15th. At least the past few years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
---

Are you new here?

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/100/100_Run_Challenge_Airing_of_the_Grievances_Thread_P5351604/?page=unread#unread this might help.

Barry Dmitruk
2017: Florida 70.3 (done); Mont Tremblant 70.3 & Ironman

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It has always been December 15, but you may have been busy complaining about this, that and the other, so you may have missed that the last years.
Quote Reply
Re: Where is the 100/100 run challenge? [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
It has always been December 15, but you may have been busy complaining about this, that and the other, so you may have missed that the last years.

Yep, you are always right. :)

Quote Reply
Re: Where is the 100/100 run challenge? [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
---

Are you new here?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The reason we start on Dec 15th is so that it ends on March 24th. Starting on Dec 15th is "early enough" that the novelty is high and people are motivated right through the holidays...basically the first 2 weeks everyone is super motivated. If I started on Dec 1st, a lot of people will already fall off the bandwagon during holiday eating season. With the start only 1 week before, pretty well everyone makes it through Xmas and New Years trying to get the runs in around family and friends and partying. It's an awesome balance.

Second reason is for many of us who live up North, ending first week of March is "too early"....there is still an entire month of winter. The last 2-3 weeks of the challenge is another phase where many put in a "final push" as they can see the end of the tunnel. This brings them to end of March just in time for a month or two of specificity before race season.

So there is some logic to the seamingly random dates. This is actually the 11th year this is going on, so between the community, myself and some vocal folks for better or worse, we've honed in on the format. Now if you have any other questions about the challenge there is the annual airing of the grievances thread to get all the complaints out of the system.
Quote Reply
Re: Where is the 100/100 run challenge? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
The reason we start on Dec 15th is so that it ends on March 24th. Starting on Dec 15th is "early enough" that the novelty is high and people are motivated right through the holidays...basically the first 2 weeks everyone is super motivated. If I started on Dec 1st, a lot of people will already fall off the bandwagon during holiday eating season. With the start only 1 week before, pretty well everyone makes it through Xmas and New Years trying to get the runs in around family and friends and partying. It's an awesome balance.

Second reason is for many of us who live up North, ending first week of March is "too early"....there is still an entire month of winter. The last 2-3 weeks of the challenge is another phase where many put in a "final push" as they can see the end of the tunnel. This brings them to end of March just in time for a month or two of specificity before race season.

So there is some logic to the seamingly random dates. This is actually the 11th year this is going on, so between the community, myself and some vocal folks for better or worse, we've honed in on the format. Now if you have any other questions about the challenge there is the annual airing of the grievances thread to get all the complaints out of the system.

My mistake, thought it was the 1st.

Missed it last year with the 15 minute min. Sure support this more than the 30 min as some have pushed for.

Thanks for doing this again.

Quote Reply
Re: Where is the 100/100 run challenge? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

Randy's Rule #7: Never start anything new on a Friday

Although the idea of ending the week on a high note, and starting a new diet, workout routine, exercise streak or even a task at work, creative project, or a relationship sounds good on paper, the odds are very slim that you'll be able to keep that momentum through the weekend and on to Monday

I like to start things on Tuesdays, whenever possible, by Thursday at the latest [weekday, that is]

The 15th is a Thursday, so we're good

Unless I miss Day One, in which case I would be starting on Friday, but rules are rules, so I'd actually do my first run on Saturday

Of course, I could say "I started the CHALLENGE on Thursday ... I just didn't do my first RUN until Friday," and we wouldn't be breaking any rules, such as they are

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A caveat to the above: Since I am off every other Friday, I treat those Fridays as "Early Saturday" and can start something new of those days

Next Friday [the 16th] is an Off-Friday, so I'm good to start any day I wish. I could very easily go 4-for-4 from Thursday to Sunday, then take my regularly scheduled rest day on Monday

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would it be possible to get a complete list of your rules? Perhaps in a new thread. I'm interested in self improvement, perhaps I could get some new rules to live by. Currently I only have "Don't eat more than you can lift".
Quote Reply
Re: Where is the 100/100 run challenge? [wld] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wld wrote:
Would it be possible to get a complete list of your rules? Perhaps in a new thread. I'm interested in self improvement, perhaps I could get some new rules to live by. Currently I only have "Don't eat more than you can lift".

I am going to be that guy right now who says "do a search on ST"....but if you want to be patient for a few days I'll post the official thread for this year's challenge soon.
Quote Reply