Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

20% of SmashFestQueen
Quote | Reply
SmashFestQueen discounts don't come along all that often so I thought I would share my code for the SFQ friends and family sale on Nov 21 and 22. Using DOOHALUKFRIEND at checkout will get you 20% off any purchase! It's only valid on Monday and Tuesday so don't wait!

And feel free to ask any questions! I own almost everything....
Quote Reply
Re: 20% of SmashFestQueen [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! How does it compare to SOAS and Betty Designs in terms of comfort, price etc.? Is there sufficient pockets?
Quote Reply
Re: 20% of SmashFestQueen [hokeypokey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The SFQ is way more comfortable than SOAS and Betty Designs but I should be honest and say the SOAS kits never fit me correctly. The new fabric SFQ is using with the Horizon kit is absolutely amazing - super soft and terrific performance. I haven't quite worn anything like it. The older kits are also great and definitely high quality and function. Price is about equal between the brands. The SFQ bibs are one of the best things I ever purchased. I love them so much. And IMO, the designs of SFQ way exceed those of SOAS and BD.

And in terms of pockets, I guess its equal to what I have on my other brands. Cycling has the three standard pockets and the tri kits have 2 (or 3) smaller pockets. The shorts have no pockets. I rarely use pockets on my tri kits so I will have to dig out a kit and check the number of pockets.
Quote Reply
Re: 20% of SmashFestQueen [hokeypokey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I prefer my Betty/SOAS kit over the SFQ kit tbh. The main difference for me is in the waistband - my SFQ shorts have a narrow elastic waist and that really digs into me so I prefer the wider waistbands of the other brand. I also don't particularly care for the mesh built in bra on the sleeveless top and find it difficult to get in/out of. I tend to wear the kit for shorter workouts indoors and it has held up well in the 18 or so months that I've had it.
Quote Reply
Re: 20% of SmashFestQueen [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The waist band on the SFQ shorts has changed. They now use a yoga style band that is very similar to the other brand's kits. They have been using that band for the last year or so. There are now also kits that do not have a built in bra (and a zipper) if you prefer that style over the bra/no zip.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh awesome! Thanks for being around to update us. Now I'm off to browse...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are the tri tops and bottom true to size or do they tend to run big/small??
Quote Reply
Re: 20% of SmashFestQueen [Rdracer99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In general, I would say the tops run very true to size. They also claim that that the shorts run a tad small compared with other brands and include a detailed size chart. In my experience, they don't run that small as I wear the same size in SFQ shorts as I do in other brands but maybe if you were on the cusp it would make more of a difference. Michele, Lauren, and Hill are terrific and if you call, they they will kindly walk your through your size selections. And just to note, the capris run a bit big. I wear a medium in all other pieces but my capris are small.
Last edited by: instigator: Nov 22, 16 13:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm borderline between medium and large so I ordered a large in the chisel in yellow (as the mediums weren't in stock). Excited! Hope they fit!
Quote Reply
Re: 20% of SmashFestQueen [Rdracer99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Love my chisel kit (also yellow). I think you will be very happy. I also edited my post a bit which will likely make you a bit more comfortable about your purchase.
Quote Reply