Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Quarq Qollector Official Support + Quarq Race Intelligence
Quote | Reply
We just began shipping Quarq Qollector and you are welcome to post support and technical questions here. We aim to respond within 24 hours except on weekends.

A feature we fast-tracked after DC Rainmaker’s Qollector review was a list of races where you can use your Qollector with Quarq Race Intelligence for enhanced race-day tracking. We just posted a list of races on the Quarq website. (Link below.) The first four are 2016 IRONMAN Los Cabos, Florida, Arizona and Cozumel.

If you purchase a Qollector now, you can opt into races by emailing us. In 2017 you will be able to opt in through Qollector’s companion website, QuarqNet. There is no cost for Quarq Race Intelligence.

Quarq Race Intelligence needs course maps to activate all of its features. We have been to many of the races, but some courses change year-to-year. We want to engage forum users to verify courses and even contribute to course creation. The most important features are the ride course and run course, but we must also identify the transition space and finish line. Please click the View Race link to see the race courses. Any advice is appreciated.

http://www.quarq.com/...e-intelligence-races

Thanks for reading.

Troy@Quarq
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Qollector Official Support + Quarq Race Intelligence [troy@quarq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The link says "page not found".

I purchased one last Monday in hopes of getting one for a race this weekend. I've been talking to customer support, and it sounds like there have been some production issues. But quarq is going to send me a used one to use this weekend and then return the used one when the new one gets delivered which should be sometime next week.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Qollector Official Support + Quarq Race Intelligence [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fixed. Sorry. And thank you.

Update: The production issues related to a cosmetic blemish in mass production and then an end-of-line test. The new unit you receive will have passed all internal testing.
Last edited by: troy@quarq: Oct 20, 16 11:13
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Qollector Official Support + Quarq Race Intelligence [troy@quarq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you need beta testers buying the Qollector and runnning it out of Switzerland let me know :)
Cheers
Roberto
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Qollector Official Support + Quarq Race Intelligence [teambernina] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Roberto, we are currently testing seamless worldwide use and have Qollectors in Australia and Taiwan among others. I will honestly consider your offer if we need further testing in Europe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Loved using this at Kona! Or I should say, my wife loved it. :)

I mentioned this in another comment, but for the Race Intelligence -- my wife found it confusing when it showed the total distance remaining (e.g. 100 miles left
in the bike + 26 miles to run = 136 miles to go).

It would make more sense to just show the distance remaining in the bike leg.

Cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Qollector Official Support + Quarq Race Intelligence [Kula] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Kula. I'm glad you liked it. I hope your race went to plan.

We will be fixing this soon. We went through all of the posts in the race day thread and this one stood out. Thanks for suggesting it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Troy,

I used the qollector at Miami 70.3 this weekend. My fiance and coached really liked it. We did have a few issues that maybe you can help with.....

- the automatic link that was sent via text to the friends I added, did not work. It just showed a map of the USA and no location of where I was. However, you could log into my account and see my exact location and then hit the share button at the top to send others that link, which worked out fine. Just curious why the auto text link didn't work.

- my power readings on the bike were quite high. It was showing that I was riding at ~500 watts where it should have been around 250 watts according to my garmin bike computer. Is there a proper way to sync the qollector to the power meter or do a zero offset? Is there any way to see the zero offset number with the qollector?

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any idea when roaming function will be active?
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Qollector Official Support + Quarq Race Intelligence [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
- my power readings on the bike were quite high. It was showing that I was riding at ~500 watts where it should have been around 250 watts according to my garmin bike computer. Is there a proper way to sync the qollector to the power meter or do a zero offset? Is there any way to see the zero offset number with the qollector?

The qollector and the garmin should be showing the same numbers, since they are just reporting what the quarq is reporting. The garmin tells the quarq to do a zero offset, and the quarq will then use that new offset, the garmin does not use that offset number at all. So you should only need to do the zero offset from one device.

Did it show an average of 500 watts or just briefly show 500? Because on your garmin are you showing instantaneous power or 3 second or 30 second average power? Because maybe the garmin does not show the 500 watts because it happened so fast. Look at your power profile from the race, did you spend any time at 500 watts?

Or I suggest your new FTP is at least 600 watts.
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Qollector Official Support + Quarq Race Intelligence [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
stevej wrote:

The qollector and the garmin should be showing the same numbers, since they are just reporting what the quarq is reporting. The garmin tells the quarq to do a zero offset, and the quarq will then use that new offset, the garmin does not use that offset number at all. So you should only need to do the zero offset from one device.

Did it show an average of 500 watts or just briefly show 500? Because on your garmin are you showing instantaneous power or 3 second or 30 second average power? Because maybe the garmin does not show the 500 watts because it happened so fast. Look at your power profile from the race, did you spend any time at 500 watts?

Or I suggest your new FTP is at least 600 watts.

Not that it matters but I have an SRM, not a quarq.

I'm pretty certain that my SRM does not store the torque zero OFFSET. It does store the calibration factor (which also gets sent to the head unit and can be changed) but not the offset. The head unit (in my case an edge 520) stores the zero offset number which is the number (in hertz) that the SRM is outputting with no load applied (not clipped in). All the power meter is doing is reporting in hertz, the amount of deflection in the strain gauges. So I would expect any device that is collecting power data, to have to do a zero offset. When I do a zero offset with my edge 520 and then my 920xt, I don't get the same offset numbers.

Back to race.... the edge 520 reported perfectly. I averaged 238 watts according to my edge 520. The qollector showed I averaged 524 W which is impossible (and a max of 809). Avg cadence looks to be spot on for the qollector at 87 rpm's.

I just thought about it but there should also be a way to ensure the qollector is collecting zero's as compared to non-zero's power data.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was able to use this in Kona this year and my family and friends on the island loved it. It was an easy way to track my progress and know when I would be approaching their position. Also, it provided those not at the race a better and more interactive way to follow my race. The more races that are linked to the service the better I think the product would be.

I think the metrics (watts, HR, etc.) could even be used by a coach during the race to make sure their athletes are following the correct race plan. Coaches may even be able to provide on-the-spot feedback about trends they are seeing.

Maybe I'm missing something, but outside of a race I do see as much value. I currently have a Garmin 510 and when synced to my cell phone it provides live tracking via a link that I can send to my wife/family. No need for an extra device or paying a yearly fee.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Not that it matters but I have an SRM, not a quarq.

Sorry, I thought you said you had a SRM. In that case maybe it does matter, because the ant+ transmission is different for SRM, maybe the qollector is not dealing with the SRM transmission right.
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Qollector Official Support + Quarq Race Intelligence [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The transmission seems fine since the fit file looks fine (no spike, no drops). I think it has to do with how the qollector does the power calculation.

Does quarq store their torque zero offset numbers in their PM's? Do other pm mfg's do this too? I know SRM does not (they confirmed that for me). The zero offset gets stored in my head unit. So the pm is giving the head unit 2 variables.... cadence and instantaneous offset. The head unit does the calculation to get power (watts) based the variables, zero offset, and calibration factor.

Based off the above, the qollector needs to be able to do a zero offset and store it in order to for it to work with an SRM. Not sure what other pm mfg's do so this could effect them as well. This is my theory right now..... I could be wrong. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
The transmission seems fine since the fit file looks fine (no spike, no drops). I think it has to do with how the qollector does the power calculation.

Does quarq store their torque zero offset numbers in their PM's? Do other pm mfg's do this too? I know SRM does not (they confirmed that for me). The zero offset gets stored in my head unit. So the pm is giving the head unit 2 variables.... cadence and instantaneous offset. The head unit does the calculation to get power (watts) based the variables, zero offset, and calibration factor.

Based off the above, the qollector needs to be able to do a zero offset and store it in order to for it to work with an SRM. Not sure what other pm mfg's do so this could effect them as well. This is my theory right now..... I could be wrong. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes other powermeters store the zero offset in the meter and they actually report power itself in the ant+ message, so the head unit does not need to calculations. SRM uses a unique ant+ part of the standard, due to SRM being wireless before the ant+ standard.

That seems like a good theory of why the qollector had an issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an update on two of the three outstanding issues.

1. The tracking link is fixed. The Customer Service team may have notified you directly.

2. We have a fix for SRM power meters' zero offsets. It should go in this week. This will give you correct power numbers. I will provide an update and more info when it's live.

3. I will have an update on global roaming soon.

Sorry about the delay. I was away on vacation and my colleagues didn't see the new posts in this thread.

Troy@Quarq
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Troy for the update.

What was exactly the issue with the SRM? Was the qollector not getting a correct zero offset from the SRM?

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, it was the zero offset. I will be able to give you more info when I get the details on the fix.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can someone explain to me the difference between this service and my garmin live track?

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Qollector Official Support + Quarq Race Intelligence [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This doesn't need your phone to send the data. It also transmits more data, power, HR etc. I don't think Garmin does that? maybe it does now, I just have a recollection of it not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hello
where can I rent the qollector?
Im planning to rent one for Ironman Florida.
Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Qollector Official Support + Quarq Race Intelligence [dboatx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi dboatx. In 2017 we will operate Quarq Race Intelligence for Qollector owners during races. The list of races is on the Quarq website. We continue to investigate rental services, but have no firm plans yet. I will post here when we have more news.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any chance you could add Lifetime Chicago to that list? It's a pretty big race in terms of competitor count fwiw. ~8,500 people.
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Qollector Official Support + Quarq Race Intelligence [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greenplease, thanks for the suggestion. It's a good one. I will let you know if it's possible in the next week or two.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One more to look into is St. Anthony's Triathlon. About 2,500 competitors (I think) and it's been the same course for years (I think it's one of the oldest triathlons in the world).
Quote Reply

Prev Next