Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shebeest Petunia bib short?
Quote | Reply
has anyone tried this? I was intrigued by the idea that I wouldn't have to remove my jersey to use the restroom mid-ride.

How does their shorts & jerseys fit? I wear a Castelli women's small short and vary between small and xsmall jerseys depending on the brand.
Pactimo- xs
castelli unisex aero race jersey - xs
castelli unisex training jersey xxs
Tried vanderkitten and should have bought an xs instead of small jersey. :-(
Quote Reply
Re: Shebeest Petunia bib short? [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So it's a halter? I haven't used it but interested to hear from others too.

(I have a pair of MEC bibs that have a quick release at the back for potty breaks.)
Quote Reply
Re: Shebeest Petunia bib short? [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't speak to these bibs, but I do have a pair of shebeest capris that I wear. I would say that they probably run bigger than Castelli. I sized down one size in sheebeest's from my usual cycling wear
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw their booth at InterBike in September here in Las Vegas. This looks like a great idea. However, to my consternation, a scruffy-looking guy was hanging out in the booth (don't know if a womens' clothing company could only find a man to represent their line) who gave me the creeps.

I walked past twice in hopes he would leave and the woman who SHOULD have been there came out. Companies should be aware that selling to women works better when there are women to talk to...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
determination wrote:
has anyone tried this? I was intrigued by the idea that I wouldn't have to remove my jersey to use the restroom mid-ride.

How does their shorts & jerseys fit? I wear a Castelli women's small short and vary between small and xsmall jerseys depending on the brand.
Pactimo- xs

Hello:
I have a pr of the bibs. They do run a little bit large, but I found them comfortable all the same.
The halter is very comfortable, and works exactly as it should for bathroom breaks, etc. Easy on and off.
I was afraid the halter would be uncomfortable on my neck and pull down, but I hardly noticed it was there.
I was fit and wear-testing the 2017, which have a little pocket in the back of the shorts, which was convenient and easy to access.
The pad itself and placement on the short were also spot on. I always use chamois cream, but didn't have to use any more or less than usual.
Shorts fabric, including the sublimated print panel are smooth and supportive but not too thick, and the seam placement and non-elastic grip panel don't give you sausage legs or leave seamlines on your legs.
All in all, I'd give the shorts a 10 out of 10!

OH! The halter is a simply, stretchy strap attached to top of the bib which slips over your head and rests on your neck. The top of the bibs and strap placement on chest is exactly right, no interference with boobage. The ladies of Shebeest are geniuses. SSP, not sure what day you were there, but all the employees of Canari and Shebeest, scruffy appearances not withstanding, are very nice people and pretty fun besides. Canari which bought SB about a year ago, is family. Not sure who the scruffy fellow was.

Karen ST Concierge
Last edited by: STConcierge: Nov 4, 16 11:24
Quote Reply
Re: Shebeest Petunia bib short? [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How high up does this come in the back? Other than the chamois in bibs, the other big benefit to me is that bibs protect my lower back from getting sunburned when my top rides up. With the halter design, does this come up high enough to cover the lower back??
Quote Reply
Re: Shebeest Petunia bib short? [Rdracer99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rdracer99 wrote:
How high up does this come in the back? Other than the chamois in bibs, the other big benefit to me is that bibs protect my lower back from getting sunburned when my top rides up. With the halter design, does this come up high enough to cover the lower back??

That is certainly something to consider! I'll let the SheBeest team know...
Here's a nice image which shows you the back. Probably depends on how long the jersey is in back, whether there's gripper to hold it down, and if you're riding on the aero bars.
https://www.basinski.com/...unia-bib-bike-short/

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the pic! I burned myself pretty bad during a 70.3, so now that I'm contemplating a full for 2017, I'm going with bibs that are more comfortable and will cover that area :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not trying to take away from Shebeest, but if you are looking for a bib, it may be worthwhile to get in touch with Emilio Desoto. I love my tri bibs and I know he does some custom work. Maybe he could get you a female version of the tri bibs. Who knows.......maybe he is already working on it.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just so you know, the bibs are cycling, not tri, so they have the cycling pad, not the lighter weight tri pad.
I'm sorry I didn't pay attention when you mentioned your 70.3.
KS

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep. I'm looking for cycling bibs for a full. I'd take the time in the changing tent for the comfort out on the ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Shebeest Petunia bib short? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The #1 reason I was interested in the Shebeest bibs is their claim that you don't have to remove your jersey to use the restroom - you basically have to get almost COMPLETELY undressed to use the toilet. It's the main reason I don't wear bibs. It's too much hassle to pee! And I'm talking out for training rides.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
determination wrote:
The #1 reason I was interested in the Shebeest bibs is their claim that you don't have to remove your jersey to use the restroom - you basically have to get almost COMPLETELY undressed to use the toilet. It's the main reason I don't wear bibs. It's too much hassle to pee! And I'm talking out for training rides.

Well, then you are going to love love love the Petunias for that. Plus comfort and style... it's a win win win.
KS

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
determination wrote:

Pactimo- xs

Oh look! A Canari/Shebeest/ etc Warehouse sale... I've been to these before, and the prices are really good. Usually there's a great selection of all the brands.
https://www.facebook.com/events/837623779673982/
It's in North County San Diego, midway between the 15 and the 5 freeways, about 5 min from 78 fwy.
Bonus: Lots and lots of craft breweries in the area.
Or, do a coastal ride, then pop over for some shopping and lunch.
Or, do a coastal or trail run, then shop
Or, do 8 AM masters swim workout at Alga Norte pool, then shop.
So many choices...
KS

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply