Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [kenpetruzzelli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They also have a decal set instructions listed on the support page....surely the frame has painted decals and buyers dont have to apply their own?
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [sjc166] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was told 9k for the the Ultegra Di2 TM01 and the Decals need to be applied at the time of build or not.

James - est. as a Triathlete 1983
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

It has a bento box not sure if comes with or option

Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [BrotherTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's CAD$9k just for the frameset which would have to make it one of the expensive frame sets on the market.....if you need to add the decals yourself then that just adds insult to injury.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [sjc166] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lol.....have the bike shop or who build it for you add the decals.....point is you get a choice of white or neon green

Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [bjorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Picked mine up this past weekend! :)

Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [davidxtwo3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice David!

What size Frame is that? How tall are you and what's your stack height?

Thanks

Last edited by: BrotherTri: Oct 20, 16 14:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there any information regarding minimum and maximum arm pad stack height and arm pad reach for the various sizes? How does the following translate across frame sizes?

Found this on the website for BMC (http://www.bmc-switzerland.com/int-en/timemachine/):

V-Cockpit
The patented V-Cockpit minimizes aerodynamic losses resulting from taller pad stack configurations. The system is capable of optimizing pad stack in the range of 590mm – 705mm

Adding this as another resource:

http://www.bmc-switzerland.com/...nual_English_new.pdf
Last edited by: sharkbaitguy: Oct 20, 16 15:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, BrotherTri! I got the Medium-Short and I'm 5'-10". I'm not sure on the stack height. Had it fit by the local bike/tri shop.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any chance you could post a better picture of the bento box on the top tub?
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [sharkbaitguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Something about the location of the bento bothers me. Aside from everyone else trying to basically integrate it right behind the stem, does its usability suffer at all being further back?
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [dhr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't like the v-cockpit for the only reason that BMC claims to be sub-optimal as compared to the flat-cockpit. This is a quote from their website: "The Flat-Cockpit offers the maximum aerodynamic advantage, letting riders attain the lowest possible pad stack configurations"

So if you fit in the flat-cockpit you should order the bake in that configuration, the only problem is that they don't sell a bike like that, you would have to buy the flat-cockpit for an additional $900. I find this outrageous.

http://www.verynooty.com
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [BigH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with big h
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here you go.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We sell BMC, the new Roadmachine is one of my favorite bikes on a number of levels. After seeing what they did with that, I was looking forward to this new TT bike they kept hinting at. I was left scratching my head a bit.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [dhr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll try to find it again, but I recall reading somewhere through all of their information that it tested better moved back in the tunnel???

From a purely aesthetic standpoint it looks a little "cheesy" compared to the rest of the whole. I would have thought they could have figured something else out, however suspect that this is an easier, cheaper solution vs. engineering and cost of developing a custom bento box.

Lot's of model build up and computations listed here:

http://www.bmc-switzerland.com/...hine-model-build-up/
Last edited by: sharkbaitguy: Oct 21, 16 9:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like it! At the same time, all the geometric configurations of this bike makes me think that this bike was inspired by Picasso Cubism (...and I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It would be great if BMC would post or make available all of the arm pad stack & reach information similar to: Cervelo, Felt or Trek. Currently, it appears that only retailers have access to an online fit system contained within the owner's manual setup information. I did however receive the following response from customer service in response to an email:

This seems a little confusing when compared to the website or even the owners manual (long slider, short slider of V-Cockpit vs. Flat Cockpit) and perhaps more reason why the flat cockpit should be a standard option.

"The Timemachine 01 V-cockpit on the large size frame has a pad stack range of 656mm to 705mm. The Flat cockpit has a stack range of 595mm to 670mm."

Last edited by: sharkbaitguy: Oct 21, 16 14:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see I am not the only one manual hunting.I think I figured it out after a while.

With the V cockpit, the vertical number in pad stack represent how high you elevate the pad. This only work in increments. The reach column, is color coded to pad position, Green, is mid pad position, Red is short, and purple is long position. However, because the V cockpit angles forward. Reach increases as you increase the stack. which is why the chart looks so weird. you can't move Y without moving X at the same time. And you can't move the basebar at all.

With the flat cockpit, the two columns represent the V basebar in the angled down and angled up position. There's a natural 30mm difference in pad stack between those orientations. High hand stack is distance between base bar and BB in the flipped up configuration. and Low hand stack is the reverse.

In my opinion, the V cockpit is unnecessarily complicated to use from a fit perspective. It might be ok if you have a position that you are already comfortable with, but less so if you think you will tweak it down the road.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure why BMC is forcing the customer to contact a retailer to figure out fit rather than making the data available. In my experience with retail, most "sales" people in the shops have no clue when it comes to bike fit or specifications.

Some additional info. regarding the "slider" and long vs. short measurements for arm pad stack adjustment.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davidxtwo3 wrote:
Picked mine up this past weekend! :)

I love BMC (have had 2 of their tri bikes), but man... that thing looks like Picasso built a bike.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
interested if it's truly faster then the old TM01.. but from a looks POV... I like my 2014 a heck of a lot more.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I would like the new TM02 with the TriRig bars upgrade the best.
Quote Reply
Re: New BMC Tri/TT bike photo [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:

I love BMC (have had 2 of their tri bikes), but man... that thing looks like Picasso built a bike.

Ah, finally a bike for art lovers!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anybody found the new TM02 manual and/or pad x-y specs yet? I'm not having any luck finding it yet.
Quote Reply

Prev Next